test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Ship

lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Ten Forward
What do you want?
Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas

Anniversary Ship 181 votes

T6 Odyssey/Bortasqu/Scimitar
36%
kirimuffinforthegamerthemartiancommanderkassyamosov78duncanidaho11havalasmattjohnsonvasander233sf911mustrumridcully0freakiumdracounguisdaveynyreyan01phrgalexmakepeacevegeta50024cylon74656cearav 66 votes
Kal Dano's Timeship
2%
rooster707jaymclaughlinwildthyme467989malcaine2dvirbl 5 votes
T6 Constitution/D7/T'liss (Its Star Trek's 50th Anniversary)
17%
djmarr1964horridpersonoldravenman3025garaks31daboholicdareautymerstojonathanlonehawksmeeinn1twarmaker001bulukayxfraghul2000ranvagecaptaindjm15fulleatherjackettritan2409boricua13sakaisevenmvaiksbulldogmacragge 31 votes
Iadion Dreadnought
3%
kitsunesnoutreynoldsxdgreenpusherambassadormolarikhan1000homokrates 6 votes
Temporal Dreadnought (you know, the ones from Counterpoint)
18%
crzymn45vivenneanthonysmokeybacon90artan42cuchulainn74kyrrokzalandexksathra2dragnridrzionus0ricosakarasohtohjaturnleympnatorvoyagerwaskingmorganhd1theraven2378thenoname711lowy1semalda226 34 votes
Other...
21%
ikonn#1068mirrorchaosgulberatvengefuldjinncheesebasketa3001cidjackquesteriuslordsteve1mhall85dirlettiaodinforever20000hravikrattler2turbomagnusjam3s1701crashdragoncyconianlordwbaker256#3172thay8472 39 votes

Comments

• lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This would be a great idea, and they can always bring out an additional version on the c-store. And I love my T5 Odyssey, Im sure Ill love my T6
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The amount of carnage the temporal dread could cause if built well could be amazing
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
      Tempted to say a T6 evolution of the Connie, given the event, but... I think I'd kinda like an Odyssey more. It is the current Enterprise, after all.
    • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
      i want a T6 Constitution looking like the one from the new movies or maybe that ship commanded by that admiral that tries to derstroy the enterprise from Into Darkness
      The True King In The North
    • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
      T6 Oddy is what we're most likely to actually see for the anniversary. The Temporal Dreadnought is probably going to be the grand prize for the Terran Empire lockbox.
    • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
      The realist in me thinks it will be a scaled down/ prototype faction flag proceeding the production c-store versions but I'd like to see light cruisers themed around the aesthetic sensibilities of the classics. Not earth shaking engines of destruction but an excellent rounder as suits a ship that might go it alone for 5 years.
      battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      Other...
      a higher tier connie wont ever happen because of CBS saying so many years ago, do thats a dud poll choice, the d7? why would you want that piece of junk for when you got it's logical upgrade being the k't'inga? and we already have the t'varo which means the t'liss is not going anywhere either.

the oddy/bort/scimmy probably wont happen until cryptic make up their minds what they wish to do with a command or intel based t6 ship. i doubt it will come until they announce it.

the temporal dreadie? possibly, but somewhat unlikely until we get into the storyline as to how the terrans have this tech before the prime universe does and what a prime universe temporal dreadie is like in the prime universe first,

the iconian dreadie? that thing is a monster, i mean it is possible but i somewhat doubt it.

that timeship shuttle? i can not see that in player hands any time soon.

i am wondering if this anni ship would be more grounded in the roots of trek, probably another canon ship yet to have its chance. maybe the Norway class? Springfield class? Apollo Class? for the feds, a made up ship for the romulans and the same for the klingons.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
      Other...
      An obtainable cross-faction T6 science ship. Definitely.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
      Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
      a higher tier connie wont ever happen because of CBS saying so many years ago, do thats a dud poll choice, the d7? why would you want that piece of junk for when you got it's logical upgrade being the k't'inga? and we already have the t'varo which means the t'liss is not going anywhere either.

Please re-read DStahl's (aka the then EP of STO) "response" to the "endgame Connie question" in the FCT.

There's a real big "never say never" disclaimer. If anything's going to "help nudge" CBS into saying "yes", the 50th anniversary of the ship in question's existence would be quite the "motivator"...

And not all of us are "in total love" with the TMP designs/versions. Having the "old school" D7 and/or the "original" Romulan Warbird (T'Liss as we know it) on my characters would be quite fun and exciting...

Especially if they follow my long-standing argument for the T5/T6 Connie (TOS) ships being repurposed into "science" to help... alleviate... the concerns about the older TOS designs standing "toe to toe" with the Ent-F Oddy, et al. as a cruiser...
      Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Back to the future.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
      Other...
      None of those strike me as "grind-worthy"... they strike me as "gimme-yo-money-worthy". :tongue:

I'll take Science Ship for 2000, Alex. :smile:

(Side note: It would be AWESOME if we got a T6 Connie as the summer ship, letting the exclusivity rules protect it from CBS' ire...)
      d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      Other...
      dareau wrote: »

Please re-read DStahl's (aka the then EP of STO) "response" to the "endgame Connie question" in the FCT.

There's a real big "never say never" disclaimer. If anything's going to "help nudge" CBS into saying "yes", the 50th anniversary of the ship in question's existence would be quite the "motivator"...

And not all of us are "in total love" with the TMP designs/versions. Having the "old school" D7 and/or the "original" Romulan Warbird (T'Liss as we know it) on my characters would be quite fun and exciting...

Especially if they follow my long-standing argument for the T5/T6 Connie (TOS) ships being repurposed into "science" to help... alleviate... the concerns about the older TOS designs standing "toe to toe" with the Ent-F Oddy, et al. as a cruiser...

this disclaimer is an opinion, it is not a fact.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
      Other...
      Well since nobody mentioned it yet, I will be the first: T6 SOVEREIGN! It is an iconic, last in the line of canon Enterprises (sorry people, but Oddysey (ENT F) is not canon therefore it doesn't counts) and should be released as anniversary ship.
      Sure, I wouldn't mind if that flagship pack was released either, but I would prefer T6 Sovereign to be the one as I've been waiting for as long as first T6 ships started coming out (and that's probably one year by now). So please, let it be the ship from my signature!
      FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
      SZ1RgUL.jpg
      SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
      Other...
      A T6 Sovy would be C-Store. Besides, the last few Anniversary ships have been cross-faction. The only technical exception being the Dyson Destroyers having faction specific models.
      djmarr1964 wrote: »
      i want a T6 Constitution looking like the one from the new movies or maybe that ship commanded by that admiral that tries to derstroy the enterprise from Into Darkness

As nice as that might be, legally Cryptic cannot touch AR movie content as PARAMOUNT owns them. Cryptic has free reign of everything from TOS to Enterprise for tv shows, and TMP through to Nemesis in movies. So we will never see the AR Connie or the Vengence.

Anyways... I think we are due for a cross faction sci ship. KDF and Romulans BADLY need something Science for Admiralty as most of their ships are Tactical oriented.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      I'd like a T6 TOS Constitution, D-7, T'Liss STO anniversary release. More of a sentimental choice. But I know that's a snowball's chance in hell in happening. OP, most of the choices you listed will never happen for us to get a Free Anniversary ship.

With the very premium nature of the Herald ships, 1 lockbox (Quas), 1 lobi, (Baltim), 1 very hard to get lockbox (Vonph), you really think Cryptic will give away the gargantuan Iadon Dreadnought for free?

Faction Flagships are not going to be handed out for free. If anything, these will be in a massive T6 C-Store 9-Pack release.

Temporal Dreadnought? Given out for free? NEVER going to happen. If anything, expect it to to be a Premium Ship, i.e. Lockbox, Lobi, or Promo Pack release. The Temporal Destroyer is a Lobi Ship. The Temporal Science Vessel was a Lockbox Ship. The Annorax I'll lump into this since it can share gear with the other Temporal vessels... This ship was a Promo Pack. Like the Herald ships, all these ships have PREMIUM written all over them.

Of the ships listed in the poll, the only one I see realistically happening is Kal Drogo's Dhano's ship as the Anniversary Event Ship.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
      dareau wrote: »

this disclaimer is an opinion, it is not a fact.

DStahl said "never say never". That is a fact.

Whether said statement is his opinion or a reflection of CBS's "negotiations" with him on the subject, is an unknown quantity and therefore "subject to interpretation"...

However, when the then-EP says "never say never" - whether it was his opinion or something else, the ever so infamous "sliver of hope" exists. Hence why I also went on record as saying the whole nudge bit...
      Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
      Other...
      a T6 connie will never happen, they have been saying no to a T5 for what over 4 years now lol so post bubble burst. .

I don't want a cross faction ship I would really really like a ship for each faction please as the cross faction ships NEVER seem to be well of a nice design lol. .

I would say we're more like to get a oddy or sov with other equivalents for the other factions.
      JtaDmwW.png
    • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
      I believe we have a good chance of the Anniversary ship being a T6 Odyssey/Bortesque/Scimitar update.

It's already been decided by CBS there are going to be no higher tier versions of the Constitution TOS series ship, still doesn't seem likely to change I think.
    • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 425 Arc User
      T6 version of TOS ships will simply never happen. I'd say for now, best bet is the T6 flagship bundle or barring that, perhaps a T6 Sovereign/T6 Vorcha bundle.
      m12Pkoj.png
    • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
      Other...
      I want Cryptic to surprise me
      Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
      95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
      mhall85 wrote: »
      None of those strike me as "grind-worthy"... they strike me as "gimme-yo-money-worthy". :tongue:

I'll take Science Ship for 2000, Alex. :smile:

(Side note: It would be AWESOME if we got a T6 Connie as the summer ship, letting the exclusivity rules protect it from CBS' ire...)
      What makes you think I can give you a science ship?

Scratch that, 2000 of what if I get you a sci ship? :tongue:
    • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      Well... the Botany Bay may work as a cross faction ship...
      Other...
      tousseau wrote: »
      Well... the Botany Bay may work as a cross faction ship...

As a freighter along the lines of the Tuffli and Cell Ship?
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
      Why not?

It's deffinitely a ship ensconced in Star Trek history... who wouldn't want a chance at Kahn's vessel?
      Other...
      The problem is it would be T2 at best if it was a freighter like the Tuffli. We usually get endgame level ships out of the Anniversary.
    • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
      Other...
      A chance to get any of the anniversary ships, all of them would be nice, that have been released since the game launched.
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      From the options given in the poll I'd welcome the TOS package and I expect the flagship package. I'd be disappointed if it would be temporal ships but just because I don't like that whole temporal nonsense. I liked time travel plots once but it has been ruined due to oversaturation.​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      Other...
      The Dyson ships where for the 4th and Kobali cruiser for the 5th anniversary. It's safe to assume the ship, if any, will not be faction specific.

One thing we do know is that the ships tie in with the featured episodes and story. So we will just have to wait where the temporal cold war angle takes us. It could be a new unique ship OR an existing T6 ship with alternate layout.

Think along the lines of the alternate militaristic Enterprise D from Yesterday's enterprise.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
      Bleh. I don't want another alien ship, I want Fed/KDF/Rom ships for my Fed/KDF/Rom characters.