test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vonph starship trait: worth it?

So I have a bundle of EC sitting around and I'm wondering if the Vonph trait is very useful? It sounds good but is it noticeably usefull over other traits?

I'm waiting on the return of the the Annorax because that's a ship I really want, the Vonph I likely won't fly much so the trait will make or break it for me.

Comments

• Options
    tempusmagustempusmagus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I was lucky to get a Vonph from opening a box, so I use the trait and find it useful as my 5th trait in most situations. But as a Romulan I don't have as wide of a selection as Feds do. I also am a tactical captain fulfilling a dps role, so healing traits aren't as useful as Peak efficiency is. Improved Pedal to the Metal and Subwarp Sheath haven't been very useful to me compared to PE, either. The only time I use something else is when I switch to a non-Warbird and cannot use the Valdore console. That is when the Baltim trait - Waylay - gets used.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Hmm... thanks. I'm wondering if it can help get those pesky engineering and tactical powers close to global.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Well that depends of course on what other traits you were considering. And what the current cooldowns are for your boff powers.

For me, it doesn't make much of a difference for tactical, captain and science abilities since I have reciprocity and All hands on deck active. Meaning that, for me, the Vonph trait is only useful for reducing the cooldown on engineering powers. And maybe a bit for captain abilities as well, but I doubt it's a big difference.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I don't know if it's worth it...almost a billion EC if not more? Not with how many ways there are to reduce cooldowns...traits, boffs, abilities...just isn't worth it unless you were to fly the ship, I would say.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No way is it worth blowing nearly a billion ec just for a trait for one single character. You could buy multiple lockbox ships for that price and get multiple traits from them.
    I'd say really not even the ship is worth it either unless it's your idea of a perfect ship with everything exactly as you want it and you'll fly nothing else.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Only for the mastery? Absolutely not worth it with the current inflated exchange prices.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    650 mil is current price, which is par for the course for rare promo ships actually.

OK I'll wait for the Annorax.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The Vonph's trait will have varying degrees of usefulness. Depends on the build and most especially if you actually maintain high hullpoint % throughout combat. Right off the bat, I know a bunch of TAC Captain users don't play their ships like that. For my ENG that uses the Vonph, very little content in the game puts a dent in the ship's hull and I use EPTW with no EPTS anywhere in the build. So for that character with the Vonph, the trait has value. Even more so since I also got AHOD & Reciprocity. Any and every opportunity to cut down the CDs.

Personally, I didn't get the Vonph for the trait. That's a mere side bonus. I've traditionally been a big Carrier player. Between all my characters, the only 2-hangar Carrier I don't have is the Narcine. I got the Vonph since it's a 7 weapon slot, 2-hangar, TAC Cmdr + SCI LtCmdr T6 Carrier. She has access to some interesting hangar units unique to the Herald ships (I went with the Mir Fighters). If Carriers aren't your forte, do not bother with the Vonph.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    I like Carriers and I love Science. .. i abhor slow ships.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I like Carriers and I love Science. .. i abhor slow ships.

Pretty much all 2-hangar Carriers are slower ships than the average ship. Most especially so if you like the Science oriented Carriers B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    650 mil is current price, which is par for the course for rare promo ships actually.

OK I'll wait for the Annorax.

And the prices of all are inflated. That was my point. :)
    I got mine for a lil over 450 m. It's nice to have as cheese but it's no where near as good as some other traits from ships which are less then 50% of it's price.

Imho, of course. Ymmv.

5980291nyfcc.png
  • Options
    Inflation is part of any healthy economy, price fluctuations on rare items are entirely different however.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Inflation is part of any healthy economy, price fluctuations on rare items are entirely different however.

And I never said it isn't, I simply stated I don't like it. I prefer more stable economy where I can plan my (sometimes several) next purchase(s).

Price fluctuations on rare items aren't such a bad thing, armed with enough of patience and with a bit of luck, you can get anything in this game with a much lower price tag then what the exchange would have you believe. However, I look upon it through the eyes of a buyer/collector. It must honestly suck being a seller and having fluctuating prices on stuff you want/need to sell for higher to make a profit.

My 20 ec on it. Cheers.
    5980291nyfcc.png
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Can the ships if your lucky enough to get them be traded between characters?
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Is there any way to put someone on an ignore list or to turn off sigs? Because there're some pretty repulsive ones floating around here.
  • Options
    I see your point, I'll skip the Vonph for now.
  • Options
    Not the most dignified way of presenting an opinion, It's not going to change anyone's mind it's just going to TRIBBLE them off. I find it highly innapropriate for a public forum.

And I find extremely offensive to see homosexuals portrayed in such an oversexualized fashion, there is a lot more to it than that.
  • Options
    So are Insurrection and the Final Frontier.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    Your signature is awesome! Also keep fighting the good fight, homophobes be gone.

Not everyone likes seeing TRIBBLE shoved in their face. In fact, I'd reckon most people don't. Doesn't help that I hate Dax and Trills on a good day. I think the only time I ever even remotely liked the character was when she was sent back to 21st century earth and hobnobbed with a billionaire and hobo.
  • Options
    Let's not devolve this into flaming but I think most people would agree that signature is innapropriate for a number of different and valid reasons.
  • Options
    delliboy wrote: »

Provided you didn't open the ship's box so that it goes into your Active ship list, yes you can. You either mail it to yourself by using your @handle or stuff it in the Account Bank. You can do this with Lockbox / Lobi / Promo Pack Ships.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Except the Lobi Dyson Science Destroyer. Bound to character on acquisition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    So buying the Dyson ship with Lobi does not make it account bound? I always wondered about that.
  • Options
    delliboy wrote: »

You mean like zen ships, buy on one and usable on others, then sadly no, only one char.

So buying the Dyson ship with Lobi does not make it account bound? I always wondered about that.

No afaik only free dyson is reedemable on account level.
    deokkent wrote: »
    Your signature is awesome! Also keep fighting the good fight, homophobes be gone.

Thank you. :)
    5980291nyfcc.png