test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Best Way to use Plasmatic Biomatter Torpedo Launcher

Hello! I was wondering if someone who has this torpedo launcher ( or any other tricobalt projectile) what is the best way to use it?

I have been building a True Xindi Starship outfitted with Plasmatic weaponry and I finally managed to collect enough Lobi to get myself the torpedo. I thought it was a standard plasma torpedo, but it is actually a tricobalt.

Also, does anyone know how does kemocite treat it? Like a projectile or energy weapon?

Thanks!

Comments

• psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Sadly this torp like a lot of lobi items wasn't really thought out well, and when combined with the lack of a large number of testers due to it's inherent cost of admission, you end up with subpar performance compared to it's peers from the reputation trees. Specifically this is a plasma energy torp therefore it can be boosted by plasma tac consoles rather than plasma projectile tac consoles (rly cryptic ugh). It does proc kemocite, just as the crystalline energy torp does, but is destructible, slow, and has a ridiculously long cd (like longer than the neut). As such it plays nice with other plasma energy weapons but not with other plasma projectiles. Even general purpose +torp consoles don't boost it's dmg.
  • nxenterprise02nxenterprise02 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Thank you for your response!

Is there any way to lower that cooldown? (duty officer or something like that)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Thank you for your response!

Is there any way to lower that cooldown? (duty officer or something like that)

Not that I own this specific torpedo, but there are Projectile Weapon Officer DOFFs that cut down torpedo reload timers when a torpedo is fired. You can slot up to 3 of these DOFFs on Active.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • nxenterprise02nxenterprise02 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Eh? The torpedo is buffed by both plasma damage consoles.... I have it on my plasma torpedo boat.
    The new terren rep also has a console that slightly reduced the cool down.

I would also suggest using prefire sequence space rep trait, while it doesn't do much it still increase the chance it will actually hit.
    Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on
  • arctcwolfarctcwolf Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    isnt prefire sequence a separate roll on chance from the rest? and in what order would it proc? does the character ability roll first, or the doffs?

I could see running an all plasma torp setup with borg and bio in front with romulan in rear...run both weapon sets, add on the embassy consoles for some really serious plasma damage all over the place. thats probably the only reason I still keep my old fleet plasma weapons is to someday try that very setup, probably would be best on the romulan veteran T6 since it has a plasma lotus that would also get the buffs.