test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We should be able to upgrade fleet ships to fleet t-6!

zuzajinzuzajin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Romulan Discussion
Regarding the fleet ship requisition.
I have a fleet arkif tactical carrier, payed good money for it. 4 ship modules or was it 5 ... i don't remember.
And now i see the fleet arkif tactical carrier t-6 for 5 ship modules, we should be able to upgrade a ship just like we upgrade weapons.

It's not like they throw ships in the trash and build new ones in the lore, that never happened.
For 1 extra fleet module we should be able to upgrade from fleet to fleet t-6, i already spent 4 modules and the upgrade should cost 1 or even 2 but don't make me throw the old ship in the trash because if that's how things go i'm not willing to make another investment knowing that the one i buy will have to be thrown in the trash once the new tier comes out.

We should be able to upgrade fleet ships to fleet t-6! 34 votes

yes.
58%
thetaninespielman1kodachikunoarliekkosyezar82tarran61theillusivenmanbulldogmacraggedvirblrezkingyoda2005zuzajingaalomjennyward1985vorwodatachikai1aliguanalightwildwilldojinnaxion#1538 20 votes
no, lets waste more ship modules and throw the old ship in the trash.
41%
chipg7cidjackasri#3675bltrrnroyalsovereignodinforever20000wardcalisdevilzaphanrickdias5500nickcastletonskylarcometgawainviiikmfrye2001ruinthefun 14 votes

Comments

• theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    yes.
    I agree and didn't personally see the need for Ar'Kala as a stepping stone (or Kurak for KDF etc), directly bumping old upgraded Fleet ships to T6 Fleet ships with a discount was what I'd pick instead. However they're technically different ships, Fleet Ar'Kif came from zen Ar'Kif, T6 Fleet Ar'Kif came from zen Ar'Kala which is a more modern variant ship to the original zen Ar'Kif. Since Ar'Kif was given for free, I don't see anything being changed in this regard as well.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think T6 Fleet Ar'Kif is that special in any way, I don't feel the hybrid seatings adding that much more to the T5 Fleet version, and I'd venture to say that I wouldn't even upgrade to T6 Fleet standard for two Fleet modules even if it would be possible, but maybe that's just me.

Happy new year.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    yes.
    seems like a topic more suited to general discussion than romulan specific. But honestly we should get both new models and be able to take a fleet t5u to t6.
  • zuzajinzuzajin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yes.
    spielman1 wrote: »
    I agree the Fleet ships should be upgradeable but I say in weapons give those ships 1 extra weapon slot forward and aft instead of the slot expansion. This would let Fleet Tier 6 ships actually dominate and make the comp[any money.

The extra console slot is more than enough of a boost, imo.
    yes.
    I agree the Fleet ships should be upgradeable but I say in weapons give those ships 1 extra weapon slot forward and aft instead of the slot expansion. This would let Fleet Tier 6 ships actually dominate and make the comp[any money.

the entire point(supposedly at least according to the propaganda spewed at us) was that t6 was NOT supposed to be zomfg over powered compared to t5u... so no... bad idea.
  • soulforgersoulforger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    You do realize that fleet T6 ships are no different than T5-U fleet ships right? Same bonuses and same amount of traits. Non-fleet T6 ships have the mastery trait, beyond that, their stats are basically the same as a T5-U.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Horridly-worded poll options aside, I vote no. T5 ships don't need to become T6. There's no benefit, and as we've seen recently a lot of players have been crying 'foul' over T6 ships not being enough of an upgrade over the T5s anyways. Although the Devs said that T6 wasn't going to be massively different than T5 since the beginning, but whatevs...

the entire point(supposedly at least according to the propaganda spewed at us) was that t6 was NOT supposed to be zomfg over powered compared to t5u... so no... bad idea.

Exactly. It's funny that players are still screaming for T5-to-T6 in-place conversions, when the Devs have repeatedly stated that T6 isn't above and beyond T5. None of the T6 releases, with the exception of the unique Intel, Command, and Pilot bundles, are all that more impressive than their T5 counterparts.

Let's remember too that T6 upgrading was something the playerbase at large rallied against when T6 was announced. And the playerbase also demanded that T6 wouldn't make T5 obsolete. The Devs said from day 1 that this would be the case and there was no need to worry about T6, and so far that's been exactly the case. And now we have whine-fests over releases like the Valiant not being the new OP ship and not being 'worth' upgrading from the T5 Defiant.

All-in-all, T5 and T6 are effectively the same. Especially at Fleet grade, where there isn't a mastery trait or a new ship skin involved.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    I'm down with chip and Kodak. If you want a mastery for your fleet T5, buy the Z-store version and grind out the mastery. The only thing you don't have is the Command/Intel/Pilot seats, which frankly I've never thought were earth-shattering.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    yes.
    but... but.... it says 56 not t5 so it HAS to be better! /sarcasm
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    yes.
    Another option would be to scale the Fleet ships to the player starting at lvl 20.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    yes.
    chipg7 wrote: »
    All-in-all, T5 and T6 are effectively the same. Especially at Fleet grade, where there isn't a mastery trait or a new ship skin involved.

Noob here. If t6 isn't that big of a deal above and beyond T5-U, why get a t6 outside of, maybe, like in my own instance of saving up for the malem purely for the console so I can complete the T'varo set?​​
    edited January 2016
    yes.
    willdojinn wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »

Noob here. If t6 isn't that big of a deal above and beyond T5-U, why get a t6 outside of, maybe, like in my own instance of saving up for the malem purely for the console so I can complete the T'varo set?​​

consoles, ship mastery trait, and morons that absolutely HAVE TO HAVE THE ZOMG T6! They don't pay a lot of attention to the fact that its only a marginal increase, or are min/max pigs that have to have the bestest TRIBBLE to squeeze out that extra .001%. Oh and lets not forget the sheeple that see t6 and assume it MUST be better than t5-u cause it says t6
  • willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    yes.
    Doesn't T5-U have Mastery though? If so then it's just a matter of having more consoles? Again, only reason I really want the Malem is to complete the t'varo set, but even then it's a hazey 'eh some point in the future' goal rather than OMG I NEEED IT!!!!111​​
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Why stop here?

I know1 Lets give the Fleet T6 ship fifteen consoles and twenty weapons! And then we'll give them ten BOff seats! And each of those BOff seats will be a Universal Commander Slot! Next we'll make up a new Reptutation! With Mk XXV Mega Oblivion Quintuple Super Dooper Extra Heavy Cannons! With a 99% chance it will Crit a Grav Well V every time it shoots!

And then we'll make the NPC AI even stoopider than it is right now! So it always misses the player no matter what! And we'll give away 1000 Zen just for logging in every day! And the Elite Rewards for the STFs will be doubled on Tuesdays! And all you'll have to do to get it is queue up! No more actually playing the missions!

Do you really want the game to be so little of a challenge? Even less than it is right now? A bad player is going to play badly no matter what ship or weapons you give him/her. Improve the player instead. Stop relying on the ship and the gear to get through everything.
    A T5 with Mk XI Blue gear is more than sufficient to play any of the content in the game right now. "GodShips" need not apply.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    yes.
    willdojinn wrote: »
    Doesn't T5-U have Mastery though? If so then it's just a matter of having more consoles? Again, only reason I really want the Malem is to complete the t'varo set, but even then it's a hazey 'eh some point in the future' goal rather than OMG I NEEED IT!!!!111​​
    T5-U has level 1-4 mastery and no lv5, thus no trait... much like fleet t6. I don't know if it is still true but it used to be that t5u had 1 more console than t6 ships.
    A T5 with Mk XI Blue gear is more than sufficient to play any of the content in the game right now. "GodShips" need not apply.
    actually a t4 ship with gree/blue mk X can do it. just tedious as hell with the hp of lv60 mobs
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Literally, the only difference between T5U11 and FT6 is the 13th BOff power & access to the intel/command/pilot powers...

Is this worth $5 or $10?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Well in the case of the T6 Fleet T'varo vs the t5-U version, there is a 5000 hull difference, 10 inertia, and +5 engine power over the T5-U. So no, they are not exactly the same except the BOFF stuff.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Maybe I'm the odd one out but I, personally, would like to have exterior visual model & internal game-mechanic setup independent of each other.

Each model would be career/type dependent (tactical layouts are tied to tactical models, cruiser layouts are tied to cruiser models, etc.--no rapid-fire cannons doing barrel rolls in an Ambassador class) & have a minimum level (Only Lt10? Don't get the Oddy yet...)

However, once you've met the unlock pre-reqs, you can choose to upgrade the visual model, or not...

Level up from 40 to 50--upgrade to the T5 layout automatically, whether you upgrade the visual model or not. Want to upgrade to a Sovereign? Cool. Want to keep the Galaxy? That's cool too... you still get T5 stats because you're a level 50 Captain.

But that's just me... and I'm not a Cryptic designer. (Believe me, if I were, there would be quite a few more changes.)
    newstosiggy.png