What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Evil 70th's Missions

13»

Comments

• evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Evil70th's unpublished mission update:

This episode is part two and tentatively named In the name of the people.

Description: You and your valiant crew saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. Your investigation found the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her coconspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The lives and liberty of every single citizen of the Federation hangs in the balance. Your investigation continues with nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

More screen shots from part two, which is still under development. The enemy will be able to fight back this time.

The Colony:

innamepeople_scene2.jpg

innamepeople_scene2-1.jpg

The Ship:

innamepeople_scene3.jpg

innamepeople_scene3-1.jpg

Authors Notes:
    This mission has story dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue" that provides a summary. Unlike part one most of the combat is not optional.

Estimated length:
    TBD with full dialog.
    TBD with "Skip Dialogue".

Thanks for playing, more updates to follow.
    Brian
    edited January 2015
    Evil70th's unpublished mission update:

This episode is part two and tentatively named In the name of the people.

Description: You and your valiant crew saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. Your investigation found the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her coconspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The lives and liberty of every single citizen of the Federation hangs in the balance. Your investigation continues with nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

More screen shots from part two, which is still under development. Did I mention the enemy will be able to fight back this time? :)

The Ship:

innamepeople_scene3-2.jpg

innamepeople_scene3-3.jpg

innamepeople_scene3-4.jpg

I am working on the ending and hope to have it done soon. Thanks for playing, more updates to follow.
    Brian
    (AKA: Evil70th)
    edited February 2015
    Evil70th's Latest Episode:

After several months of work, developing the story and the effects I sincerely hope you choose my latest installment to my mission list In the name of the People. I look forward to your feedback on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Mission Title: In the name of the People
    Author: Evil70th
    Project ID: ST-HE36W9JEP
    Allegiance: Federation
    Level: 16+
    Description: You and the valiant crew of your ship saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. The outbreak that turned the colonists into violent creatures was just a prelude to what was on the horizon. Your investigation found the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her coconspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The lives and liberty of every single citizen of the Federation hangs in the balance. Your investigation continues with nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

Author’s notes:
    Heavy dialog with combat. This is part two of the series. I recommend you play part one list Do no harm if you have not already played it.

Estimated length:
    60-75 minutes with full dialog.
    45-60 with "Skip Dialog".

Thanks for playing,
    Brian
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How many parts are in this arc?

(I'm a binge player, is why i ask)
    edited March 2015
    khreg wrote: »
    How many parts are in this arc?

(I'm a binge player, is why i ask)

Hi khreg,

In the name of the People is the final episode in a two mission arc. After releasing it yesterday I found a few issues that needed to be corrected. As of 5:17 PM PST today this mission has been updated. Below is the updated information on the mission.

Evil70th's Latest Episode Updated:

After the initial release on Friday I found a few minor things that needed to be corrected. They have now been corrected and In the name of the People is available for you to play. I look forward to your feedback on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Description: You and the valiant crew of your ship saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. The outbreak that turned the colonists into violent creatures was just a prelude to what appears to be the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her coconspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The very lives of every single citizen of the Federation hang in the balance. At the moment you have nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

innamepeople1.jpg

Author’s notes:
    Heavy dialog with combat. This is part two of the series. I recommend you play part one list Do no harm if you have not already played it.

Estimated length:

Update 1.0:
    Increased enemy mob strengths
    Fixed wandering NPCs

Thanks for playing,
    Brian
    edited March 2015
    Evil70th's consolidated missions listing:

Hi everyone. This is a complete list of my missions, both Federation and Klingon. In this installment my latest mission In the name of the People the enemy can and do fight back. This is the final installment of the 2 part series.

Below is the list of each mission I have created. I hope you enjoy my missions as much as I enjoyed making them.

Description: You and the valiant crew of your ship saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. The outbreak that turned the colonists into violent creatures was just a prelude to what appears to be the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her co-conspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The very lives of every single citizen of the Federation hang in the balance. At the moment you have nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

innamepeople1.jpg

Author’s notes:

Estimated length:

This is my latest mission and part one in a two part series. I hope you enjoy playing this mission as much as I enjoyed authoring it.

Mission Title: Do no harm
    Project ID: ST-HHYVFPOAS
    Description: While on a routine mission cataloging planetary systems for potential settlement your ship is redirected to investigate an incident at the New Montgomery colony. A report from the chief medical officer for the colony indicates the spread of a virus that once it infects a colonist they turn violent. The infected colonist attack non-infected colonists in brutal attacks, further spreading the outbreak. All communications with the colony have been cut off at the source. You and your crew must come to the rescue of the colonists before it is too late.

donoharm1.jpg

Authors Notes:
    This mission is heavy on story dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue" that provides a summary of the dialogue needed to complete that portion of the mission. All combat is optional with noncombat options available.

Estimated length:
    60 to 90 minutes with full dialog.
    30 to 45 with "Skip Dialogue".

Mission Title: Contamination
    Project ID: ST-HOM98JB5K
    Description: The Federation Science Directorate has a rogue scientist on its hands. Doctor Klausen, of the Gavin IV Anthropological Study, has apparently decided to interfere in the pre-warp culture on the planet and must be stopped.

Admiral Quinn has recommended you to help Doctor Joanne Marbles, Director of Anthropology, Federation Science Directorate, to help resolve this incident. Please report to the conference room ESD for a briefing. Will you help the Federation?

Authors Notes: This mission is heavy on story Dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue and Provide Summary" option that gives you a summary of the information needed to proceed.

All combat is optional throughout the mission. There are ways to avoid all optional combat, and engaging in the optional combat is not recommended. Doing so will only add time to the overall length of the mission.

Estimated length:
    60 - 90 minutes with full Dialogue.
    30 - 45 with "Skip Dialogue" option.

*This is a Cryptic Featured mission*

Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 1)
    Project ID: ST-HKCA3C2PH
    Allegiance: Klingon
    Description: Your old friend Worf needs to speak with you immediately.

He believes there may be a link to a high ranking councilman in the High Council and the Romulans. Worf needs your help in uncovering the truth of a threat that could shake the Empire to its core.

You owe him your life. Will you help your old friend?

Authors Notes: This mission is part one of two.
    Estimated time:
    About 35 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
    About 17 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.

Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 2)
    Project ID: ST-HFBGX74XY
    Allegiance: Klingon
    Description: In part one you heard from your old friend Worf who asked you to help uncover a possible threat to the Empire that may involve a high ranking member of the High Council. Now that mission continues. Will you help uncover the threat to the Empire?

Authors Notes: This mission is part two of two. You should play part one first to enjoy the story more.

Estimated time:
    About 30 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
    About 15 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.

Thanks for playing,
    Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi Brian,

Played your "Contamination" mission, and wanted to provide feedback to you, since you've done such a great service to so many others.

Love the detail in this mission. It's lengthy for my normal tastes, but I definitely wanted to get the entire experience, since I love a good story. :)

"My cousin was twice removed from a Vulcan embassy"... hahahaha! You have a singular wit, Captain. ;)

In particular, enjoyed the following:
    - The warp travel and computer interaction;
    - The "inter-post" transporter map transfer points;
    - The optional choices to help facilitate the Prime Directive were excellent.

My only "issue" would be the reference to religion in your Gavin IV dialogue, which might be against the EULA? (I'm just going on vague memory here, so please excuse if I am incorrect).

Found a few more possible spelling/grammar issues you might consider looking at:
    - "under developed" should be one word?
    - "it could have serious repercussion" ; Repercussion should have an S added to it, I believe?
    - "me and my crew"; could be changed to "my crew and I"?
    - "who's", should be "whose", since that is the possessive pronoun of who. Who's means "who is" or "who has";

In transit:
    - "Captain, we're approaching the out edge of the Gavin system"; change "out " to "outer"?

Talking to Dr. J'arpak:
    - "At least from Doctor Klausen perspective"; should be "Klausen's" I believe?
    - "closer to annihilation then Earth"; should be "than" since you are comparing something.

Gavin IV Surface Map:
    "Where for art thou Doctor"; should be "Wherefore" - the Old English word, I believe?
    - After talking to the doctor, there is a button with the word "photo's" (and the immediately-following dialogue); should be "photos" I believe?

Follow Up
    - "canceled" could be spelled "cancelled" as well if you are not American (actually, the single "l" in canceled is relatively new in American grammar as well). ;)
    - "it was you who saved the people from possible complete annihilation"; That sounds somewhat awkward to me - perhaps "possibly saved them from complete annihilation" or "from possible self-destruction"? (but really, it's not required)
    edited March 2015
    Hi Kerda,

Thanks for playing and providing feedback regarding my mission Contamination. Below are my responses to your feedback.

contamination3.jpg
    kerda wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Played your "Contamination" mission, and wanted to provide feedback to you, since you've done such a great service to so many others.

Love the detail in this mission. It's lengthy for my normal tastes, but I definitely wanted to get the entire experience, since I love a good story. :)

"My cousin was twice removed from a Vulcan embassy"... hahahaha! You have a singular wit, Captain. ;)

As always it is my pleasure to help other authors make their missions better. With that in mind, I truly appreciate your feedback regarding my mission as it helps me make it better. I am glad you like the detail and the story along with my jokes, here and there. It was fun writing and putting the mission together.

I actually got a comment in the in game mission feedback that stated something like, "my character is Vulcan and therefore would not use jokes". I explained in my forum post that I wrote the mission from a Human character perspective and not author could possibly write mission responses that cover all races. I have seen missions that give responses based on the player's race, gender or both but I am not that energetic. Perhaps in a subsequent mission update but I do not think it would make the mission as interesting as it is and it was only one comment about that.
    In particular, enjoyed the following:
    - The warp travel and computer interaction;
    - The "inter-post" transporter map transfer points;
    - The optional choices to help facilitate the Prime Directive were excellent.

Thanks. I am glad you liked the mission but in particular those elements. The warp travel in particular is one of my favorite features and I took it to completely new levels in my latest missions Do no harm and In the name of the People. The inter-post transporter was the best way I could think of using the duck blind technology in the mission. The options on how to use the Prime Directive were a nice little way of giving the player a choice in how to proceed with the mission.
    My only "issue" would be the reference to religion in your Gavin IV dialogue, which might be against the EULA? (I'm just going on vague memory here, so please excuse if I am incorrect).

I am glad you brought this up a question. To be honest, I had not thought about this as an issue so I looked it up. In the Forum topic The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback, under The Foundry - End User License Agreement. I have taken the relevant passage from the EULA, which states the following;

Other Prohibited uses of New Game Materials published using The Foundry:
    -You may not use New Game Materials to convey any profanity, vulgar, hate language explicit sexual language, derogatory references to race, gender, religion, age, mental or physical impairment, obesity or sexual orientation, or reference any drugs (legal or illicit) or medication.

This would not apply to my usage in the story dialogue as I am not referring to any specific religion and certainly not in a derogatory fashion. The response button; "You mean they’ve found religion" only uses the word religion, which the rule does not prohibit. Please do not read this as me arguing with your concern but more of an explanation of my reading of the intent of the rule.
    Found a few more possible spelling/grammar issues you might consider looking at:
    - "under developed" should be one word?
    - "it could have serious repercussion" ; Repercussion should have an S added to it, I believe?
    - "me and my crew"; could be changed to "my crew and I"?
    - "who's", should be "whose", since that is the possessive pronoun of who. Who's means "who is" or "who has";

You are correct in finding these issues and I shall make those corrections as soon as I can.
    In transit:
    - "Captain, we're approaching the out edge of the Gavin system"; change "out " to "outer"?

Good catch. I always say that it helps having someone else look at your work and just because it is spelled correctly does not mean it is right.
    Talking to Dr. J'arpak:
    - "At least from Doctor Klausen perspective"; should be "Klausen's" I believe?
    - "closer to annihilation then Earth"; should be "than" since you are comparing something.

Both good catches.
    Gavin IV Surface Map:
    "Where for art thou Doctor"; should be "Wherefore" - the Old English word, I believe?
    - After talking to the doctor, there is a button with the word "photo's" (and the immediately-following dialogue); should be "photos" I believe?

You are correct, and it has been a while since I read Shakespeare.
    Follow Up
    - "canceled" could be spelled "cancelled" as well if you are not American (actually, the single "l" in canceled is relatively new in American grammar as well). ;)
    - "it was you who saved the people from possible complete annihilation"; That sounds somewhat awkward to me - perhaps "possibly saved them from complete annihilation" or "from possible self-destruction"? (but really, it's not required)

I changed it to "from complete annihilation". You are right, it reads better.

Thanks again for your review and feedback regarding this mission. It is greatly appreciated.
    Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for the clarifications, I appreciate it, especially in regards to the EULA. I was quite unsure about whether the relation to religion would be only in a negative context or not. I would hate to see a good mission get sacked because of a technicality. :)

Personally, I liked the "my apologies to Vulcan Captains", I think it more-than-covers any possible character deviations, and heck, you can't write for everyone! :)

Cheers, and thanks again for some great content!

evil70th wrote: »
    Hi Kerda,

Thanks for playing and providing feedback regarding my mission Contamination. Below are my responses to your feedback.

contamination3.jpg

As always it is my pleasure to help other authors make their missions better. With that in mind, I truly appreciate your feedback regarding my mission as it helps me make it better. I am glad you like the detail and the story along with my jokes, here and there. It was fun writing and putting the mission together.

I actually got a comment in the in game mission feedback that stated something like, "my character is Vulcan and therefore would not use jokes". I explained in my forum post that I wrote the mission from a Human character perspective and not author could possibly write mission responses that cover all races. I have seen missions that give responses based on the player's race, gender or both but I am not that energetic. Perhaps in a subsequent mission update but I do not think it would make the mission as interesting as it is and it was only one comment about that.

Thanks. I am glad you liked the mission but in particular those elements. The warp travel in particular is one of my favorite features and I took it to completely new levels in my latest missions Do no harm and In the name of the People. The inter-post transporter was the best way I could think of using the duck blind technology in the mission. The options on how to use the Prime Directive were a nice little way of giving the player a choice in how to proceed with the mission.

I am glad you brought this up a question. To be honest, I had not thought about this as an issue so I looked it up. In the Forum topic The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback, under The Foundry - End User License Agreement. I have taken the relevant passage from the EULA, which states the following;

Other Prohibited uses of New Game Materials published using The Foundry:
    -You may not use New Game Materials to convey any profanity, vulgar, hate language explicit sexual language, derogatory references to race, gender, religion, age, mental or physical impairment, obesity or sexual orientation, or reference any drugs (legal or illicit) or medication.

This would not apply to my usage in the story dialogue as I am not referring to any specific religion and certainly not in a derogatory fashion. The response button; "You mean they’ve found religion" only uses the word religion, which the rule does not prohibit. Please do not read this as me arguing with your concern but more of an explanation of my reading of the intent of the rule.

You are correct in finding these issues and I shall make those corrections as soon as I can.

Good catch. I always say that it helps having someone else look at your work and just because it is spelled correctly does not mean it is right.

Both good catches.

You are correct, and it has been a while since I read Shakespeare.

I changed it to "from complete annihilation". You are right, it reads better.

Thanks again for your review and feedback regarding this mission. It is greatly appreciated.
    Brian
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for the clarifications, I appreciate it, especially in regards to the EULA. I was quite unsure about whether the relation to religion would be only in a negative context or not. I would hate to see a good mission get sacked because of a technicality. :)

Personally, I liked the "my apologies to Vulcan Captains", I think it more-than-covers any possible character deviations, and heck, you can't write for everyone! :)

Cheers, and thanks again for some great content!

Glad I could help with the clarification. I was pretty sure it was okay since I was able to publish and it has not been pulled but it was worth a check. ;) Your review is definitely appreciated and I already updated the mission with the changes in the dialogue you suggested.

Thanks again for the review and feedback.
    Brian
  • crystyllcrystyll Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey,

I've got a new episode up and as always would value your input!

I honestly can't remember which episodes in the ST:OOM series I've previously submitted to you (though I suspect it was just episode 1 last year!), so have listed the details for each here. Though to be honest I am really just interested in feedback on episodes 2 & 3 at the moment:

ST:OOM 1 - End of the Beginning

Project ID: ST-HJIPBFMVH

Author: @Crystyll

Language: English

Allegiance: Starfleet

Level: 31+

Runtime: 45mins - 1hr

Start point: Badlands

ST:OOM 2 - Out of Time

Project ID: ST-HHAJOLZ8E

Level: 41+

Runtime: 30 - 45mins

Start point: Pellme System, Sirius Sector Block

ST:OOM 3 - House of Cards

Mission ID: ST-HLRUKVF65

Runtime: 45mins

Start point: Risa (classic beach map, from a deck chair on the raised central plateau in the centre of the island!)
    edited September 2015
    crystyll wrote: »
    Hey,

I've got a new episode up and as always would value your input!

I honestly can't remember which episodes in the ST:OOM series I've previously submitted to you (though I suspect it was just episode 1 last year!), so have listed the details for each here. Though to be honest I am really just interested in feedback on episodes 2 & 3 at the moment:

ST:OOM 1 - End of the Beginning

Project ID: ST-HJIPBFMVH

Level: 31+

Runtime: 45mins - 1hr

Start point: Badlands

ST:OOM 2 - Out of Time

Project ID: ST-HHAJOLZ8E

Level: 41+

Runtime: 30 - 45mins

Start point: Pellme System, Sirius Sector Block

ST:OOM 3 - House of Cards

Mission ID: ST-HLRUKVF65

Runtime: 45mins

Start point: Risa (classic beach map, from a deck chair on the raised central plateau in the centre of the island!)

Hi Crystyll,

Yes your mission review was Dark Reflections, which I reviewed in November of 2013. Can you move this request to my In depth mission review post so I can add you to the queue? This is my forum posting for my authored missions. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    Post edited by evil70th on
    Evil70th's Latest Episode:

I sincerely hope you choose my latest installment to my mission list In the name of the People. Thank you for the feedback so far and I look forward to your feedback on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Description: You and the valiant crew of your ship saved the New Montgomery colony from certain annihilation. The outbreak that turned the colonists into violent creatures was just a prelude to what appears to be the early stages of a threat to the Federation from within. Now you must pursue Doctor Oliver and her coconspirators to stop them from implementing their plan to take over the Federation. The very lives of every single citizen of the Federation hang in the balance. At the moment you have nothing more than the last known location of the S.S. Langston. Will you and your crew rise up in defense of the Federation?

Author’s notes:

Estimated length:

Thanks for playing,
    Brian
    Wow. Just now discovered this in the review section. It's been an eon so I'll go back and play thru "Do No Harm" and then your sequel in a few days here.
    Just about to queue up "In The Name of the People" after replaying "Do No Harm". Your first part runs a lot smoother and it feels like the writing and pacing were tightened up a bit. It's been a long time so i cannot put my finger on exactly what I found wrong with it last time other than some zombies not doing what they should have. Nonetheless, the second play felt a lot more fun and the story more intriguing. The speech we give as captain to the approaching ships later on is great, and it flows even better if you have some tense, incidental music playing in the BG (as I tend to do when playing).

Nice job. On to part 2.
    THAT ROCKED! See my in-game Foundry review.

5 stars, no question.
    Wow. Just now discovered this in the review section. It's been an eon so I'll go back and play thru "Do No Harm" and then your sequel in a few days here.

Thank you.
    Just about to queue up "In The Name of the People" after replaying "Do No Harm". Your first part runs a lot smoother and it feels like the writing and pacing were tightened up a bit. It's been a long time so i cannot put my finger on exactly what I found wrong with it last time other than some zombies not doing what they should have. Nonetheless, the second play felt a lot more fun and the story more intriguing. The speech we give as captain to the approaching ships later on is great, and it flows even better if you have some tense, incidental music playing in the BG (as I tend to do when playing).

Nice job. On to part 2.

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the corrected part 1.
    THAT ROCKED! See my in-game Foundry review.

5 stars, no question.

Awesome. I really appreciate the feedback on my missions. I am so glad you enjoyed them.
    Thanks again for the feedback.
    Brian

Awesome. I really appreciate the feedback on my missions. I am so glad you enjoyed them.
    Brian

No prob! Got anything else in the hopper? I really enjoyed your work.

Happy New Year!

Brian

No prob! Got anything else in the hopper? I really enjoyed your work.

Happy New Year!

Hey Khreg.

Thanks for the feedback and I am really glad you enjoyed my work. There are a couple of stories I am trying to develop but they are are currently in script development. I have not really started development in STO Foundry. Of course I do test a few things in the Foundry to make sure I can make them happen correctly in the story but there is still some work ahead. My goal is to make the stories as Trek like as possible. That takes me a little time to develop them. Your interest in my work makes me want to move it forward and get it into production as soon as I can.

So thank you and Happy New Years to you as well.
    Brian
    edited January 2016

You're easily in my top 10 of Foundry authors, so I'm very pleased to hear you have another one cooking. Don't rush it.

You're easily in my top 10 of Foundry authors, so I'm very pleased to hear you have another one cooking. Don't rush it.

Thank you. I promise it will not be rushed.

Brian