test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser Build

delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
On my KDF science officer, I plan to put her in this ship tomorrow. She just hit level 50 so she doesn't have the optimal gear I want and just hitting the Breen arc, recommend a good end game build for her. Matter of fact I might be putting my other toons who are also tac and engineers in her too

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, it's a solid ship. It's basically a heavy cruiser with a hangar bay.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I wish I could get those Elite pets I just can't afford to waste my fleet credits I built up on her so far.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I dont understand why cryptic calls a dreadnought a cruiser when a dreadnought is by definition a battleship or ship of the line yet cryptic calls it a cruiser , if its a cruiser its a cruiser if its a dreadnought then its a battleship NOT a cruiser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

Cryptic either call it a cruiser or call it a dreadnought it cannot be both otherwise its wrong in its description of what it is.
  • Options
    Please read your sig. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2015

For once mark im actually being serious on this matter it just irks me that they called it a dreadnought cruiser but by calling it a dreadnought it means its a battleship and not a cruiser.

A cruiser or battlecruiser are smaller then a dreadnought/ battleship i just dont understand why they just didnt call it a battlecruiser since it does fill that role well.

But a dreadnought cruiser? really that is one of the dumbest things ive seen its either a dreadnought or a cruiser it cannot be both my hope is cryptic atleast changes it to a dreadnought or battlecruiser and drop the cruiser part .

• Options
    For once mark im actually being serious on this matter it just irks me that they called it a dreadnought cruiser but by calling it a dreadnought it means its a battleship and not a cruiser.

A cruiser or battlecruiser are smaller then a dreadnought/ battleship i just dont understand why they just didnt call it a battlecruiser since it does fill that role well.

But a dreadnought cruiser? really that is one of the dumbest things ive seen its either a dreadnought or a cruiser it cannot be both my hope is cryptic atleast changes it to a dreadnought or battlecruiser and drop the cruiser part .
    The terms are arbitrary IRL. In fact the modern US navy doesn't officially use the term dreadnought. They name ship hulls more on combat role, not size. In STO, "battleship" is basically a heavy cruiser. Which is similar to the way it works IRL, except that IRL a battleship has more guns.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Come on guys lets get back on topic please, thanks.
  • Options
    so what sort of approach do you want? FaW cruiser with pets?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I dont understand why cryptic calls a dreadnought a cruiser when a dreadnought is by definition a battleship or ship of the line yet cryptic calls it a cruiser , if its a cruiser its a cruiser if its a dreadnought then its a battleship NOT a cruiser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

Cryptic either call it a cruiser or call it a dreadnought it cannot be both otherwise its wrong in its description of what it is.

a battleship or 'ship of the line' in Naval Terms are by definition "Cruisers" they are not however generally Carriers, as those tend to be far more massive ships (think the Atrox Carrier, which is vastly more massive than most of the Dreadnoughts).

The closest ship in another series to what I would classify as a Dreadnought that would be recognizable is the Battlestars from Battlestar Galactica, though those tend to also be Carriers.

On the topic, not sure if I am allowed to post links to this site, but this is a very basic version of the Rezreth Build that I was planning to use on my Orion Engineer when I unlock the ship:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dcsrezrethmk1x0_0

Hope that helps?

Granted my build is more Tanky than it is DPS oriented, so it may not...
  • Options
    Thank you I will check it out.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Ah, o/t, nvm.

XzRTofz.gif