test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan BOFs

My new Romulan alt just sided with Fed and had the BOF button open for them. Do I go to Starfleet Academy to start BOF missions in this faction? Is there someone on the Flotilla to talk with? How do the missions start (I think I was notified when I played Fed characters)? Thanks

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    You mean DOff, right? Duty Officers vs Bridge Officers.

IIRC, they are available almost anywhere.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Nop you'll get your first doff from the Romulan Command Center, but there is a little bug with Romulan faction, the quest don't come at lvl 11 but at lvl 12 ;)
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Good to know. Thank you.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just a tip.. when you get your Bridge Officers, look for any in the list that have the trait 'Superior Romulan Operative.' If you see that, pick that Boff no matter what profession they are. Even if you don't need it, they sell on the exchange for 20M+. They're considered the best Bridge Officers in the game.

Don't just pick them by profession. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • czertik321#1621 czertik321 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    wow 20m for one ? then my crew on my rommies ship is nicely valuable since i have more than one of them :), and any other tips for more valuable Boffs ?
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    wow 20m for one ? then my crew on my rommies ship is nicely valuable since i have more than one of them :), and any other tips for more valuable Boffs ?

The most immediate, important, long term goal of any truly serious Romulan Republic player is getting enough BOFFs for a Full Superior Romulan Operative x4 or x5 setup. In terms of BOFFs & BOFF traits, the Romulan Republic has a massive advantage that nothing in the KDF & Feds can even hope to dream of approaching.

Likely places to look for these BOFF recruitment missions is inside New Romulus Command or in Tau Dewa Sector Block. Keep in mind, these missions are damn rare.

Some players also farm new Romulan Republic characters, do a bunch of the missions from early on to get those BOFF rewards. I haven't done that in years but I'm sure this is still a viable but time consuming route still.
    XzRTofz.gif