test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is everyone doing the Fleet Research Daily?

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
I'm a lucky one, I'm in a fleet with Tier 5 Starbase, and Tier 3 Spire, Embassy, and Dil Mine. Our Research lab is only Tier 2 right now; we just need another 2000 Fleet Marks and the upgrade is a go.

But what I'm talking about is the Fleet Research Daily DOFF assignment at the Research Lab. When you beam in, you are in a hallway. Turn right and follow the blue line to the Development area. The line continues but there's an arrow like "here it is, dummy!".

Straight ahead of you is a lady that gives a DOFF assignment, she's called Assignment Officer but has the map icon like 3 heads that usually means DOFF. To her right is another guy, also called Assignment Officer, but he has that big green Q icon that means a mission. Talk to him for the Fleet Research Daily assignment. You get to choose from the different areas of R&D. You choose one and then go to R&D, look under the area you chose, and the 2nd or 3rd one down will be the daily. It has a unique icon. This assignment will take up a bunch of white and green R&D materials, like 20-30 units. It will be done in a matter of seconds. Finish it and claim reward (or whatever the hell the button says). Talk again to the assignment officer, whose icon will now have changed to the green checkmark that means completed mission, and he will have a reward for you.

Now here's the cool part. Your reward will consist of the R&D materials you need to craft a Superior Upgrade for the area of R&D you chose. For example, I chose Beams. My Reward was Radiogenic Particle (the purple mat used directly), plus Rubidium and Z particles, which are needed to craft the Firing Sequencer and Power Surge Regulator that are used to craft the Superior Tech Upgrade - Beam Technology.

You should probably have level 15 in the area of R&D you choose for the Daily.

I hope this helps!

Nota Bene:
1) It is not not NOT the lady straight ahead as you enter Development that gives the daily I'm talking about. She has a different daily that is not the subject of this thread.
2) This is a Fed Research Lab I am talking about. If you are KDF, layout and gender of the assignment officers may vary.

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I wish they made these assignments available from your bridge, or under the 'personal' section of the Doff system. Right now I don't feel they're worth the effort of transwarping to a specific location, beaming down and starting the assignment.

Then again, I've finished my upgrades so I'm not in need of materials etc. Maybe for others it is worth the effort, but I'm not really inclined to go to a fleet holding just to start an assignment.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    I don't do them all the time but whenever I remember and have nothing to do I normally do them on my main...she has tons of green mats to do them.

I haven't really needed to do them much though...between admiralty missions and since they fixed the resource gathering doff missions...I honestly haven't had any need for extra resources...or dilithium since I have a 100k stockpile of ore on her still.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I hadn't drawn the connection between the school you complete the mission in being the school the mats are good for, so thanks for that.

I do the mission when I remember to before I've slotted the bonus research assignments, and I'm not in a rush.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    If you are KDF, layout and gender of the assignment officers may vary.
    The KDF layout is the same.

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    I hadn't drawn the connection between the school you complete the mission in being the school the mats are good for, so thanks for that.

I do the mission when I remember to before I've slotted the bonus research assignments, and I'm not in a rush.

Me neither, didn't really pay attention...I just did the beam one all the time because Rubidium is by far the resource I needed the most.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I did them a couple of days before Admiralty. With Admiralty for VR mats and regular doffing (fixed now, yay) for white-green-blue I don't need to make that trip any more.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I did them a couple of days before Admiralty. With Admiralty for VR mats and regular doffing (fixed now, yay) for white-green-blue I don't need to make that trip any more.

Uhh, what? Admiralty for VR mats? Tell me more, please...
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I have never gone to the Research Lab. Not even once.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Well, Linda, you should go. I go, less for the materials, and more for the extra XP in the school I'm leveling.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User

Uhh, what? Admiralty for VR mats? Tell me more, please...

Some missions reward a box of 10 VR mats, some reward 1-4 random mat that might be salvaged tech.

• thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I have done it a few times but getting the assignment is too much of a hassle to do it regularly. The worst thing are the loading screens. Not only you have to go through two loadings(sector space to space map, then to station), the length of the loadings is what is killing the fun. Because you always need to open your own fleet instance of the map and other fleet members go there very rarely(so almost never an instance is open), you will spend several minutes staring at the loading screen.

Now there would be an "easy"(well, I don't know how much of a dev's time would be spent on this) fix, add the mission contact to the "Available" tab in journal window. That way, we can grab and finish the assignment without the need of lengthy loadings to the research lab.
    Gameserver not found.
  • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Ya can't be bothered with going to the research lab. Haven't gone there once either. Though I might here in a week or two to try and purchase the extra trait slots.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I only regularly do Dil. Mine assignments. Most of all other fleet stuff aren't alt friendly and/or useless.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I only been to the lab a couple of times. That was to do a price check on a few items I want. Until then I won't go back until I built enough points for those items. Which may be a little while longer. Only time I usually hit the fleet places are for some of the items I'm after. After that I won't go back.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Make the beam out/in animation & rotation optional, and the loading screens wouldn't be that bad.

To me those often take longer than the actual loading time. I've offered this suggestion a long time ago.

2 of 3 mains go to lab. Had enough for alts bc time & hassle for Dil that's increasingly worthless with rising dil-ex so I probably am stopping with it except for 2 mains.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿