test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TO STO PROGRAMERS

In light of the new Star Trek Beyond coming up, I think you the game developers need to give us The Swarm! A Swarm storyline is a must now.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Swarm

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User

I'm trying to be nice. My mother always said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...

If it didn't exist in the Prime Universe, it will not exist on STO.

think that's nice?
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Maybe they will eventually... they're really just Borg Lite.
  • Options
    patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It was a Voyager episode called "The Swarm." Go watch it!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    A bunch of mindless space bugs attacking our ship, doesn't sound like a very inspired FE...
  • Options
    but... but... but... we need BFAW to be relevant again!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I completely forgot about them. . . .

Now I get the new film ref of them things
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

we're still on this? anti-bfaw people still...think they're relevant? Maybe try to keep your bfaw bitterness to the dedicated threads?
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    What does the Swarm have to do with ST Beyond? Unless it's in a trailer I haven't seen yet...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    what is this BFAW thing people are talking about

It's the IWIN button you've had in your spacebar macro for so long you've forgotten that it's actually a BO skill.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options

we're still on this? anti-bfaw people still...think they're relevant? Maybe try to keep your bfaw bitterness to the dedicated threads?

sar·casm
    ˈsärˌkazəm/
    noun
    noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
  • Options
    mementoedenmementoeden Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Please dont include anything from those movies...poor gene......
  • Options
    patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    In the new trailer of Star Trek Beyond, the Enterprise are attacked by the Swarm which "destroys" the ship. Therefore they are relevant.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Film license belongs to Paramount. Paramount not going to license anything from JJTrek to CBS/PWE. Too many people refuse to understand IP rights Most of them can be found over on the fanfic sites where Spock does the Vulcan nerve pinch on Darth Vader and saves Superman.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    mixiplix777mixiplix777 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    ask some real questions maybe?

why was TRIBBLE no win scenario removed? that was 10% of the entire content of sto. why wasnt it set for normal mode to require only mk xii items and no gold. elite would allow mk xiv golds.

why does the group window TRIBBLE up so much, why do groups end when the match ends. why do the matches all suck TRIBBLE?
    why arent mirror unimatrix and prime unimatrix connected. why cant we remove cut scenes from matches? why cant we set advanced/elite on matches which have no advanced elite settings? why cant we play terran races/world and have pvp between the two sides. why cant we wormhole to gamma quadrant? why cant we assign child processes for doff grinding at a starbase (flag doff and all descendants to be ground up at once). why are there no items or traits to low build times. why are there no item affects to low/raise fire times to alter dps. why arent there hardcore matches where your ship, if it dies, has to do maintenance for half a day before it can be used again?

why does space stop?

why do you say where no man has gone before, but everyone has been to the same places?

sto could be so much, but some how it has less content than it did 3 years ago. delta quadrant is missing several blocks, as is alpha/beta. no win is gone. the economy is gone.

oh, but once a month, here's a new ship.

and you wonder why people leave?

act like a real damn mmo for once.
  • Options
    penemue#7777 penemue Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    patcrow wrote: »
    In the new trailer of Star Trek Beyond, the Enterprise are attacked by the Swarm which "destroys" the ship. Therefore they are relevant.

I still refuse to accept that these hackneyed Hollywood slime destroyed Romulus and Remus and then Vulcan just to make some "I hate George Bush" movie.

Thankfully, nothing produced in the new movies except the destruction of Romulus and Remus has any bearing on the STO universe.
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

"At the end of the movie, I really care about what happens to the characters … but I’m pretty much missing Gene Roddenberry in J.J.’s interpretation … and at the end of the day, that’s just not OK for me." - Levar Burton

"[OrciTrek] doesn’t have the story heart that the best of my Star Trek had," - William Shatner

"It doesn’t have that element that made … Gene Roddenberry‘s ‘Star Trek,’ what it was." - George Takei

"The Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action." - Roger Ebert
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    @mixiplix777 you angry brah? the half day maintenance bit .. Uh huh put one of those phone app wait to play timers in yeah thatll keep everybody in the game.It has vastly improved over the years with exception to yes, Ill agree pvp. But some of what you said doesnt make any sense (what does a unimatrix have to do with the mirror universe?). Either way if you are angry or jusy burned out maybe its time to take a break for a bit if you are not even enjoying your time in game.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015

why was the fracking no win scenario removed? that was 10% of the entire content of sto. why wasnt it set for normal mode to require only mk xii items and no gold. elite would allow mk xiv golds.

why does the group window frack up so much, why do groups end when the match ends. why do the matches all suck poopie?
    why arent mirror unimatrix and prime unimatrix connected. why cant we remove cut scenes from matches? why cant we set advanced/elite on matches which have no advanced elite settings? why cant we play terran races/world and have pvp between the two sides. why cant we wormhole to gamma quadrant? why cant we assign child processes for doff grinding at a starbase (flag doff and all descendants to be ground up at once). why are there no items or traits to low build times. why are there no item affects to low/raise fire times to alter dps. why arent there hardcore matches where your ship, if it dies, has to do maintenance for half a day before it can be used again?

why does space stop?

why do you say where no man has gone before, but everyone has been to the same places?

sto could be so much, but some how it has less content than it did 3 years ago. delta quadrant is missing several blocks, as is alpha/beta. no win is gone. the economy is gone.

Why will you more likely get banned than a warning for such a post... ?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    spielman1 wrote: »
    what is this BFAW thing people are talking about

Banned For Atrocious Wanking
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @mixiplix777

Wow.

Forum language filters would probably break from the overload, if they existed.

IMHO, sweating and cursing are usually used by people who don't have a big enough vocabulary to properly convey how they feel. That, or they are too lazy to use that vocabulary.

Reported.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

why was the fracking no win scenario removed? that was 10% of the entire content of sto. why wasnt it set for normal mode to require only mk xii items and no gold. elite would allow mk xiv golds.

why does the group window frack up so much, why do groups end when the match ends. why do the matches all suck poopie?

why does space stop?

Guy's got a point.

I mean, why DOES space stop?
  • Options
    khreg wrote: »

why does space stop?

Guy's got a point.

As a certain Marine Colonel once said...

"You Can't Handle Infinite Space!!!"

... or something like that.

B)
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    khreg wrote: »

why does space stop?

Guy's got a point.

As a certain Marine Colonel once said...

"You Can't Handle Infinite Space!!!"

... or something like that.

B)

Yeah. Jack Niclaus, the golfer.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Mmmmk... yeah. That was enough, folks.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.