test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quantum torpedoes

bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Hi all,

I've just got myself the Odyssey Tactical cruiser. But I'm still firing photon torpedoes (mark X).

When (and where) can I get hold of a quantum torpedo launcher?

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    numerous missions rewards or buy them from the exchange.
  • bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Ok...really stupid questions (although I guess that's what this forum's for!)...where's the exchange?! Do you mean the C-store? Can I buy Quantum torpedoes at level 52?

Many thanks,

Ben
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    bwbriscoe wrote: »
    Ok...really stupid questions (although I guess that's what this forum's for!)...where's the exchange?! Do you mean the C-store? Can I buy Quantum torpedoes at level 52?

Many thanks,

Ben
    Um, no. it's an in-game feature you will see at various social zones that lets you sell and buy things from other players.

Quantums can be bought at as low as MK2 which can be used by a level 1 player.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    you can get a master crafter to make you some with custom mods. Also there are probably some special versions of the quantum out there, rep or mission rewards, you might look for them? There are some mods on crafted weapons that you can't get elsewhere, like turn rate. Most of them, you don't usually want -- I forget what torps can get though seems like one of them was pretty useful.

When serious about a crafted weapon set, I generally bit the bullet and make them at mk II until I get the mods I want on a purple item then rank it up to XIV. You fill in with those where you don't have a rep/mission/special item.

EDIT: delta * iconian rep has quantums.
    Don't miss the mission reward quantum phase torp which knocks off shields, with high flow caps and a spread, it knocks off a LOT of shields.

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Besides getting Quants as mission rewards/drops, getting them off the Exchange, or crafting one, there is a C-Store ship that has one as a unique weapon: The Regent Class. The Regent is a improved Sovereign Class Cruiser.
    The Quantum Torp that comes w/the Regent has a 180° firing Arc.

Just some food for thought.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    So there's nowhere I can go to buy the Quantum launcher?
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Fleet stores have Quantums (but they only have the older weapon traits), other than that and what's already been mentioned that's it.

Actually, come to think of it I've a couple of MkII Very Rare Quantums (one decent, one very decent) I don't need that were among the bunch I crafted recently. Leave me your @---- if you want them for upgrading and I'll mail them over.
    Post edited by irm1963 on
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well, the Exchange is a place where you can buy them. On earth space dock, you have exchange access in the big room on the left of the ship requisitions area with the big window.

Anything else would be mission reward, random drop, reputation gear or crafting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    |Sunrise will give you the very handy Quantum Phase Torpedo. Other than that Quantum MKXI can be picked up on the Exchange for 10,000 EC. As said above, it i the big room with Exchange on it just behind Q.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User

You can buy them in all the places we said:

1) you can buy them from delta rep store.
    2) you can buy them from iconian rep store.
    3) you can buy them from a fleet store.
    4) you can buy them from other players (exchange).

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    You can craft them with projectiles crafting skill.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."