test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Homeworld designs

captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
Would anyone like to see zones like S'sgaron and Miracht added in S11, and if so, what would they look like, some would be like this in my opinion:

S'sgaron would have Mesoamerican shapes, ziggurats and cities that seem to be floating in the marshes.

Miracht would be like the 1930's "Astounding Stories" books, skyscrapers, monorails, and hovering streetcars moving around the place.

New Talax could have some late 70's-early 80's scifi building shapes on it.

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    Basically, homeworlds or at least dedicated social hubs for the main members of the factions are a given and it is astounding that Cryptic didn't deliver them. It's those small details STO could really score with but instead they seem to completely neglect that that is what fans would be fond of, not a trillion new ships to shoot mobs with.

Red:

Orion prime (I know that STOs lore said the world was deserted and they settled someplace else, but that's garbage): This is what I imagine as a "Astounding Stories" like society, vast cities build on their own ruins over and over again. It should be a very advanced world, featuring the prime orion university and the institute of cosmology. There can be some syndicate hideout on there, but it's important to display that the syndicate is actually only one organization - the orions have a vast and rich culture and an official representation.

Gornar pretty much as you described it, although I also would like to go against the cliché and see another type of world.

Nausicaa, well the sources describe it as a temperate world and I imagine a general eastern inspired architecture in semi-technology hubs but since we're only portraying Nausicaan mercenaries in the game a mercenary space station might also be enough.

Blue:

Luckily, Vulcan and Andoria are already in the game. Sadly, they're in a sorry state. At least upgrade them to fully functional social hubs with all commodities necessary, Andoria could get some kind of Ranger station or a space port in those highlands.

Tellar (Miracht) I'd actually see different. We know that Tellarites still retain similarities to porcines with those mudbaths and all. For those, huge skyscrapers I don't find all that fitting. I'd see the world as a boreal tempered world with moor and swampland and their architechture tending to emphasize on long houses more than skyscrapers and centralized settlements build around "hill forts". I don't agree much with how the "Worlds of the Federation" describes Miracht, a ry world with subterran seas doesn't fit for a distant porcine race (pigs are swamp and moor dwellers historically).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    Other then the late 20th century scifi elements of New Talax, i also imagine it would be half done like New Romulus still is, only with construction equipment and vehicles, both usable and as props.

And there is the question of the Lukari's planet.
    captz1pp wrote: »
    Other then the late 20th century scifi elements of New Talax, i also imagine it would be half done like New Romulus still is, only with construction equipment and vehicles, both usable and as props.

And there is the question of the Lukari's planet.

New Talax and the Lukari thing are really only secondary in my book. Tending to the Trek core races and brushing up those already in-game has a much higher priority. It's outraging enough the Kobali got a whole zone and defera is still launch time disfunct "junk", and that the stupidKobali got gear and ships that'd fit perfectly for Deferi...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I would love to see Cardassia Prime. :)

Sadly, there is some STO concept art never delivered on. This would've been beautiful...oh, and it even makes those ridiculous add-ons to Cardassian armor look a little more reasonable. (Though marginally so. ;) )

tumblr_mhhgx04W6g1qh3izio1_1280.jpg

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    An additional detail about Gornar would be that the throne for Slathis, and his queen if he has one, should be egg shaped and seem to be held in the arms of the Gorn goddess, S'yahazah.

That and i partly disagree about Tellar prime, there would be mud baths, but kept in "out of the way" rooms. A species that focuses of whats most efficient and streamlined wouldn't be living in structures that seem too random and organic.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I think the main style for most of these worlds should be either radioactive glass or sand formed from the slow errosion of said glass.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    I think the main style for most of these worlds should be either radioactive glass or sand formed from the slow errosion of said glass.

radioactive_man_300.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    A new thought i have is that aside from adding Tellar Prime, Cryptic could redesign Vulcan, and Andoria, and give them purpose's such as:

Andoria could have an area where you do targeting practice against asteroids for Tactical Players. A new Ushaan spot could also be made.

Vulcan could have labs with biological samples, or artifacts for Science Players. You could also look at the Kir'shara while there.

Tellar Prime could have engine room mock-ups of some Enemy, and Delta Quadrant ships, or you take part in a Tellarite sporting event.
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    captz1pp wrote: »
    ... or you take part in a Tellarite sporting event.

You mean getting into an argument? :wink:

Seriously though, I really like your idea of having some option that was only available at the major homeworlds. Even if it was a small option, like a bonus when crafting psi affecting items on Vulcan, it would give each it's own flavor and a much needed reason to be present and important in game.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Brush up New Romulus, then Earth and QoNos, then build Cardassia, with the appropriate faction, then the minor powers in the neighborhood (yes, I went there). B)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png