test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

over 250 dilithium for 1 zen?

does any one think this is too much? and what's worse its going up. does it get this bad over the holidays?
Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    With more people getting their 8k of dil per day now that we have the Admiralty System, more people are willing to spend some dil to get Zen. Inflation, basically. Just think, some people want to combat this problem by raising the dil refining limit. lol
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    well I'm going to hold off buying zen for keys because 250 dilithium for 1 zen is a lot for me.
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    250 per zen is not that bad I was here when it hit 400 per.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User

I miss those days.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I stopped buying after it hit over 150 Dil per zen. I don't have the time to grind out the max refine daily. So its way out of price range for me.

So my Dil goes to upgrades and Fleet projects instead. Where its much more needed. They can have their markets. They won't get a single crystal from me.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I wish refining dilithium was just as fast as earning it. I've stopped doing dailies since it'll take me 2 months to currently refine what I have atm.

One thing I do regret is getting the Terran Space set. I want all that dilithium I spent on that stupid set, I've done better with the Sol set over a reputation set.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Terran set is amazing on drain builds, your using it wrong.

We have a free market and the players say Zen is worth 250 dilithium. If you don't like it then don't buy it.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    next stop 300 (for a few days).

Here's the thing. The game has largely become opening boxes and thus grinding dil to buy keys. The use for actual dilithium? meh not so much. upgrades kept it honest for a year but that is pretty much done now. apparently some 400,000 for traits was insignificant. And most fleets just sit with lab projects unfilled.

there is no 'free market.' not here not anywhere. Let's just say the value of dilithium is much softer than most people realize right now. And I'd say there's nothing Cryptic can do anymore to prop it up. A new Starbase size holding? Most will skip it to buy for themselves instead. 2 years ago when did you see large or even medium fleets not finishing stuff? I'm in 3 full size fleets that have still not finished research lab. These fleet leaders would buy millions worth of dil. Now - no way. It's a new game and new culture here. Best to just make the best of it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I stopped buying after it hit over 150 Dil per zen. I don't have the time to grind out the max refine daily. So its way out of price range for me.

So my Dil goes to upgrades and Fleet projects instead. Where its much more needed. They can have their markets. They won't get a single crystal from me.

So in other words you're saying Cryptic controls the exchange prices?
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    next stop 300 (for a few days).

Here's the thing. The game has largely become opening boxes and thus grinding dil to buy keys. The use for actual dilithium? meh not so much. upgrades kept it honest for a year but that is pretty much done now. apparently some 400,000 for traits was insignificant. And most fleets just sit with lab projects unfilled.

there is no 'free market.' not here not anywhere. Let's just say the value of dilithium is much softer than most people realize right now. And I'd say there's nothing Cryptic can do anymore to prop it up. A new Starbase size holding? Most will skip it to buy for themselves instead. 2 years ago when did you see large or even medium fleets not finishing stuff? I'm in 3 full size fleets that have still not finished research lab. These fleet leaders would buy millions worth of dil. Now - no way. It's a new game and new culture here. Best to just make the best of it.

Man, you are in some terrible fleets. Mine, we actually work together so we ALL can get the good stuff. Then again, my fleet maybe the outlier and I am being spoiled.

Yeah I was gonna say...I'm part of a fleet that has 4 bases to it...all in the same armada...two of the bases near complete...one of them pretty complete, and the 4th new.

His leaders would buy millions of dilithium? Something sounds sounds screwy...as prices go up they'd be able to buy even more dilithium...sounds like he is in fleets with people who just gave up on the game.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I was here when it was 550^^ also when iut was 98
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    nexuruler wrote: »
    does any one think this is too much? and what's worse its going up.

Therefore, vote "No" on increases in dilithium refinement caps!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    After unlocking admirality and doing rep for a few days my main is already up to his ears in dilithium. It seems like more than I got while while actively dil farming back in the day when it swung wildly in the dil sellers favour. I haven't even gotten my Rommy and Gorn contributing yet, plus I have an empty character slot. An active farmer with a few top level alts should be drowning in the stuff. I'm surprised the rate isn't higher.

Maybe if they moved some of the lobi store vanity items to the dil store they'd have a new sink? Assuming they'd want one...
    Post edited by twg042370 on
    <3
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    outrageous, hardy HAR HAR!, glad I bought what zen I needed when it was cheap. jolly LOL.
    why anyone gets their nicknocks in a twist over the 'value' of one fictitious currency over that of another fictitious currency that is all in the end only being used to buy fictitious items I will never know.

you have players who have zen moaning it doesn't go far enough, players wanting to refine more dil, more wanting EC till they are drowning in the stuff, players moaning over the exchange price of the latest LB ship.

when players spend real money on the game its only good for one thing and that is to keep the game going, after that nothing really matters.
    what happens with in game currency doesn't matter at all.

all that matters in game is having fun and I can have as much fun on a powerboard I got from 10 minutes of gameplay as you can have in a ship that cost you 1bn EC.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Dilthium, Zen, and EC! Oh my! :smile:

This is a game. It is only a game. It should not be treated as some sort of lifestyle choice or religion. This being said, do the same thing in the game you do in real life whenever something is at a price you do not like. Do not buy it. Nothing in this game is required or mandatory for the sustainment of your personal health and well-being. When I first started playing this game the exchange rate was around 350:1. I did not purchase any Zen. I did not spend all my ingame time trying to acquire Dilthium. I did something which many here on these forums consider to be dangerously radical, blasphemous, and heretical.

I just played the game.

Without the latest and greatest SuperDooper MegaOblivion ExtraSpecial Shiny. Becuse I wanted to play Star Trek Online, not Star Trek Monopoly Online. The even more radical part? I had fun and entertained myself. Any second now, the Gamer Police will be breaking down my door for expressing such dangerous ideas publicly.

This whole thing is about someone having something someone else does not. In a game, no less. There are people on this planet as you read this who have no food, no clean water, and no safe place to sleep.

Doesn't that put your silly assed opinion of yourself and your, ahem..."needs" into their proper place?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Terran set is amazing on drain builds, your using it wrong.

Pretty much this

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @scrooge69 550 per was never a thing, the cap was 400 before zen/(when it was still c points), then went to 500 when it changed over (unless i have that backwards but pretty sure its never been higher than 500)
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Yeah, it is too much. I remember when it was 150 dilithium per 1 ZEN and even less. This now is way to expensive. My proposal for stopping inflation is to lower max. dilithium per zen limit (to 200 dil per 1 zen for example). And that way everyone would be happy and they could also increase refining limit that way without affecting anything. Sure, there would be some rich drama queens who wouldn't like to sell there zen anymore, but those would be minority I guess. A minority STO can live without.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it as long as i have to... ECONOMIC REGULATION DOESN'T WORK!!!

*long sigh*
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    2 years ago when did you see large or even medium fleets not finishing stuff? I'm in 3 full size fleets that have still not finished research lab. These fleet leaders would buy millions worth of dil. Now - no way. It's a new game and new culture here. Best to just make the best of it.

OK, thanks, that makes me feel better. I was wondering why we couldn't seem to get anywhere with Research Lab, why I seemed to be the only one putting Dil into projects.

• sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it as long as i have to... ECONOMIC REGULATION DOESN'T WORK!!!

*long sigh*

Neoliberal capitalism isn't much better either. Just think about it. What kind of a system is in which only 1% of people are holding over 50% of total world wealth? The correct answer should be seriously flawed. And that kinda translates into STO.
    So yeah, there should be some kind of economic regulation which would balance a thing so everyone could be prosperous instead of a few chosen ones. Same goes for STO.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2015

*long sigh*

Neoliberal capitalism isn't much better either. Just think about it. What kind of a system is in which only 1% of people are holding over 50% of total world wealth? The correct answer should be seriously flawed. And that kinda translates into STO.
    So yeah, there should be some kind of economic regulation which would balance a thing so everyone could be prosperous instead of a few chosen ones. Same goes for STO.

Uh oh, here we go again. There's always someone who can't resist the temptation to saddle up their favorite hobbyhorse.

I hope mama-san slaps you silly.

• twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User

I bet you clapped to bring Tinkerbell back too.
    <3
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User

I was here since Beta and I have seen much higher prizes but also much lower prizes as well. Most of them were VERY short spikes and short lived but if this is not short lived...the inflation is going up without a doubt.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    When people default to insults rather than answer an argument it's because they have no answer. In essence they are bowing to your intellectual superiority but still trying to get the last word.

So thanks, you made my day. XD
  • rambowdoubledashrambowdoubledash Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    First rule of economics is that the Market is never wrong.

If people are willing to pay 250 dilithium for 1 zen, then that means that 1 zen is worth 250 dilithium.
    What he said ^^

If you freeloaders aren't gonna spend money on the game you have no right to complain.

End of discussion.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It's painfully simplistic to view this model as a free market when every aspect of it is controlled by the 'government' (Cryptic) via external events and policies. I do agree that the value of dilithium has been reduced - and way below 250. We just haven't gotten there yet. Crytpic has devalued dilithium by flooding the market in a purple tidal wave. How is that a 'free market?' Every event that causes desire for zen devalues it. Every sink adds (a tiny little) value to it. None of these are controlled by the players (ie the citizens and traders of the model society).
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."