test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs, there is serious flaw with some duty missions

let me list the most slowest and fewest xp ever rewarded ever.

Diplomat, Recruiter, and Trader, these 3 are awfully so far behind, and i am been on for 5 years, not as hardcore player, sometimes i took a break.
most of others are maxed, but others are almost done are Colonalist, Explorers, and medical.

problem are, i only see recruiting bridge officers only 2-3 times a week, and entertain diplomats once a day if not using expanse clusters.

i rarely see any trade missions, since i cant afford spending 50k EC for consumable turrets.

devs, this really blew my mind as i have been with STO for 5 years since launched.
what i would like to see...
to have few new "episodes" that deals with tradings, diplomats (remember one episode with a deaf man) "As loud as the Whisper" in ST:TNG series, and some way to trade in unwanted or extra bridge officers. i am still trying to get a purple grade doctor from Delta cluster, i was so close to getting it just you devs took out and retired cluster mission and never got replace or returned some existing left-over missions.

i dont like waiting whole year for academy scan event to get a purple sciencist, that not a doctor i wanted, last time very recently, i was scanning, it was very buggy and unplayable, and that weekend was a total wipe out.

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Recruiting is one of the easiest ones.. Officer exchanges, asylums, i think the repeatable colony 8/7s might give some too. Diplomat isnt much harder check your first officer department head, and for trading those usually fall under operations and is another ludicrously easy one check in and around ds9..
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    asylums are useless, i never got any Doffs going on that missions, it been ages, i kept getting blanks and nothing to fill in.

officer exchanges? never seen it, seem that i never get those and i double checked what mission task available before i selected.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Officer exchanges are 2 options in the academy, 2 inside your fleet starbase etc.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You need to finish the consular chains for tge officer exchanges in the alphaquad.. Karemma, paradan, etc and if you think asylums are useless you are doing it wrong. You do colony chains rinse and repeat the support assignments after completing the 7/7s to get refugees, then.you send the refugees on asylums, BOOYA free doffs and loads of recruit xp
  • posvaliposvali Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I am in a very similar situation and agree with the OP. However, after 5 or so years of playing I managed to max every school (on all toons except one, in military or science it made probably 200K (surplus converted into fleet marks/points), but it is still under 15K in colonial or recruitment). But, meh, this is like one of the minor problems with STO. I would rate the excessive number of clicks to get something activated as a higher problem. They made a very small step in reducing the clicking mind numbing festival by adjusting the reputation marks conversion method and I am thankful. For the rest of it - patience.
    Post edited by posvali on
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Sorry, you're doing it wrong. Alts I've created this year have maxed all doff categories. Before lashing out you should have posted a "what am I doing wrong?" thread in the Academy subforum. I'll try to help you despite that.

Diplomacy: go to your bridge, then ready room, then talk to departments. Also, there are usually Sol system missions as well as the sector space missions.

Recruitment: do the get-free-doffs missions at the academy. Resettle colonists. Send colonists off for 500 dil. Do the nebula / cluster chains. Go to your bridge and do operations missions.

Trade: do the 2 trade route missions. Turn in contraband.

Medical: go to your bridge, talk to medical department.

Delta Volanis cluster right next to Sol also gives you unlimited purple Doctors on critical after you've finished the chain through "support Delta Volanis" mssion
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Colonial is slower than Diplomacy. Development is one of the fastest.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    let me list the most slowest and fewest xp ever rewarded ever.

Diplomat,

Here's where I stopped reading: Diplomacy was, by far, the easiest (I long-since finished them all, of course; and back in the day you didn't get standard 600+ CXP per misssion).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    5 years playing you don't know how to max the recruit in 30 mins? I think you have been wasting your time.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • posvaliposvali Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hermeneutics is the science of meaning and interepretation. There is not much of it on STO forums. In so many posts the difference between the contents and meaning of the quote and reply is amazing. Yeah, welcome to the forums. There are different playstyles and different progress rates. There are also game flaws. There are also useless posts. People write the first thing that comes to their minds. I only write the second things that come to my mind :D

Doff mission/school progress general issue is:
    If you are usually parked at one place in space/ground you get offered more Doff missions of certain category (e.g. military) and less offers of some other school missions (e.g. recruitment) ergo the progress in certain categories is slower.
    Unless you are not lazy and actually go to different locations to progress in different Doff areas at an equal rate there will always be big difference between category/school progress rates.
    The game offers more misssions of one type than the other.
    Player has to be more proactive if wants to make equal progress.
    "Everything is fine" or attitude of agreeing and accepting the current state is not very good.
    Constructive criticism and elaborate complaints (hopefully) will help make things better. Eventually.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    Sorry, you're doing it wrong. Alts I've created this year have maxed all doff categories. Before lashing out you should have posted a "what am I doing wrong?" thread in the Academy subforum. I'll try to help you despite that.

Diplomacy: go to your bridge, then ready room, then talk to departments. Also, there are usually Sol system missions as well as the sector space missions.

Recruitment: do the get-free-doffs missions at the academy. Resettle colonists. Send colonists off for 500 dil. Do the nebula / cluster chains. Go to your bridge and do operations missions.

Trade: do the 2 trade route missions. Turn in contraband.

Medical: go to your bridge, talk to medical department.

Delta Volanis cluster right next to Sol also gives you unlimited purple Doctors on critical after you've finished the chain through "support Delta Volanis" mssion

I'd also recommend buying the green quality doff's off the exchange and breaking them down into white then selling these on. If done at the right time not only do you rank up your recruitment but you make a profit in the process. It does mean that you need to invest time and ec in the first place, and an increase in roster size might be a good idea.

As for claiming there are flaws with the doff system, you aren't wrong, but I wouldn't call them flaws mearly bugs, that will hopefully get resolved sooner rather than later.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    this is only my 5th Christmas so only been playing for 4 and a bit years, of my 3 oldest characters my klingon character has all of the Specializations maxed and my fed and rom characters are not far behind with only recruitment and recruitment + medical respectively finishing soon, I only doff once a day so I am hardly a heavy player and during events such as this winter one I don't bother with doff missions at all other then the event special ones.
    sure I had a few Specializations that are always last to finish but not enough to get in a snit about.
    and whats the big deal anyway its not like they give you the brass ring or anything, in fact its a pain in the proverbial because you have to keep going to your fleet starbase to turn in excess points all the more.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    posvali wrote: »
    I am in a very similar situation and agree with the OP. However, after 5 or so years of playing I managed to max every school (on all toons except one, in military or science it made probably 200K (surplus converted into fleet marks/points), but it is still under 15K in colonial or recruitment). But, meh, this is like one of the minor problems with STO. I would rate the excessive number of clicks to get something activated as a higher problem. They made a very small step in reducing the clicking mind numbing festival by adjusting the reputation marks conversion method and I am thankful. For the rest of it - patience.

How do you convert the surplus into fleet marks?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    There are serious issues with Doffing currently: The sector "borders" are mangled, missions still are missing, some missions rewards are screwed, and most importantly, RARITY STILL DOES NOT EFFECT PAYOUT.

Doffing needs a quality pass.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »

Inside your fleet base there's an NPC in the room near the bar.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    mayito2009 wrote: »

Inside your fleet base there's an NPC in the room near the bar.
    It's actually one of the computers in that room, one right by the entrance. It gives 8 hour doff assignments that convert 10,000 surplus CXP into 75 or 100 (on crit) fleet marks.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    There are serious issues with Doffing currently: The sector "borders" are mangled, missions still are missing, some missions rewards are screwed, and most importantly, RARITY STILL DOES NOT EFFECT PAYOUT.

Doffing needs a quality pass.

Has any of my fellow bug hunters can confirm this issue has been raised with Operational Support Team and on STO's reddit sub forum for a while. But I feel it might be easier to redo the doff system than trying to fix it in it's current state, but that's just my opinion. The Dev's are the ones who know just how broken this thing actually is and so far we've not heard anything from them concerning the subject.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    ok, thanks, i might have forgot some while i was away for few months couple of years ago when they introduce duty officer missions, so i may not get all the info correctly.
    so, i would like to ask for recommended for each catagory and best locations, so i can look up and get these done, i may have focus on one thing and in few months then i forget.
    is there a way to save this post so i can look up as the guide? busy holidays, i am just doing Q's winterland currently, not much time to find things i need.

i am not aware of fleet for duty missions, so i have to look up sometime later.