test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flavorful Doff compliment

theearthdragontheearthdragon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
So as usual I'm making a very flavorful crew. Gonna have a Klingon Bridge officer rep and maybe a Gorn, or something special but that's it. The rest are Romulan races.

Trying to get a feel of all the ways I can get actual green border Romulan Duty officers. You naturally pick up decent parent faction doffs when gaining levels in doff XP, and I want that to be about it (and since I'm Klingon, many of those are going to be executed as spies and the like).

Thank you in advance for your time, and I hope a few of you can give me ideas and insight I don't already have!!

Comments

• Options
    Wow nothin'? I would have thought a vet somewhere would have had something.

Guess market it is. Not sure how many purple doffs will be around in the late game with the green border unfortunately.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    It was awesome when I watched a Tholian, an Exocomp, EMH mark 1, and a Xindi Insectoid play Poker.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    The only guaranteed way to get Romulan and Reman doffs is from the console at New Romulus Command. Even then, the doff trade-in options often give you allied doffs instead.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    I'm noticing that the only Reman is Lo'nek, the Security guy you start with, which is making this difficult as well as diversity is smaller then I thought.

I'll probably expand the reach with Suliban, Romulans, and Remans that are Klingon cards as well. Didn't realize Romulan cards were strictly Romulan.

But this bridges into an idea I had anyway to diversify your faction choice. It'd be nice if there were a Caitlan, Feresian, and Reman Doff contact and the cats only gave the Recruitment mission to proper Feds/Klingons and the Reman obvious only to the Republicans. I really feel there should be more to diversify the play and feel of Romulans from their parent factions, as the only reason that was ever done was so they could slight them ships during leveling up and make it easier for them to team.
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    This may not be fully up to date, but http://sto.gamepedia.com/Duty_officer has a lot of the duty officers, just click on the specialization you want to look at, and it has a list of all of the duty officers under that, what faction they are for, race, ect, ect, ect...
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    Yeah, that list is about as up to date as an Atari 2600 lol.
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yeah, that list is about as up to date as an Atari 2600 lol.

Actually it had doffs from the year of hell lock box listed, so it can't be that far behind, not that there isn't any gaps, but at least it gives some idea of what there is, and how/where to get it. (or who to look for if you wish to throw money at the exchange.)
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    One DOFF tip that might help: Take your Emergency R&D Holograms to the Alpha Quadrant after you get the Cardassian/Wadi/Dosi/Ferasan embassy chains done and use the otherwise useless R&D holograms as exchange officers. Since they are Bound, you can't upgrind/downgrind them. But you CAN upgrind/downgrind the officers you get in exchange for them. That might help you get unbound Green or Blue DOFFs you can upgrind at the NRC terminal for better Romulan DOFFs.

Good luck. I'm trying to get all the alien scum DOFFs off of my Romulan ships (except for chefs and bartenders, since replicators apparently need CONSTANT culinary oversight due to crappy programming). ;) But that's another rant. :)
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    One DOFF tip that might help: Take your Emergency R&D Holograms to the Alpha Quadrant after you get the Cardassian/Wadi/Dosi/Ferasan embassy chains done and use the otherwise useless R&D holograms as exchange officers. Since they are Bound, you can't upgrind/downgrind them. But you CAN upgrind/downgrind the officers you get in exchange for them. That might help you get unbound Green or Blue DOFFs you can upgrind at the NRC terminal for better Romulan DOFFs.

Good luck. I'm trying to get all the alien scum DOFFs off of my Romulan ships (except for chefs and bartenders, since replicators apparently need CONSTANT culinary oversight due to crappy programming). ;) But that's another rant. :)
    There *are* Rom chefs in the system. Not sure about bartenders tho.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    There *are* Rom chefs in the system. Not sure about bartenders tho.

Oh, I know that. And, yes, I have Romulan chefs and bartenders.

HOWEVER, a lot of alien chefs and bartenders grant you the ability to replicate foods and drinks (while you have them in your crew) that you can't do otherwise. THAT'S why I'm keeping them. If Cryptic would change the system to UNLOCKING a replicator permission which you would then keep after sacking the crewman (in other words, your replicator was actually PROGRAMMED) that would be different and better. Sadly, that's not the case, so I have to keep alien "galley slaves" (pun intended). :)
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Gotcha. The whole food replication part of the game is something I've never really tried to wrap my noggin around.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    And that's why they refuse to program your replicator.....they don't want to lose their job.
  • Options
    willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I'm trying to get all the alien scum DOFFs off of my Romulan ships (except for chefs and bartenders, since replicators apparently need CONSTANT culinary oversight due to crappy programming.)

Goal is to have my ship be vulcan, romulan, reman... and a couple ferringi in there as 'aqquisition staff.'​​