test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 40 no mission

jvargo79jvargo79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
A friend recently convinced me to try this game and then kinda went MIA. I've been enjoying myself so far but I seem to be stuck for the past few days and no amount of Google is helping. I'm playing on the Federation side, and until now every time I finish a mission I've waited about 5 seconds and then someone hails me with my next one. However after getting promoted to Rear Admiral and hitting 40 I haven't gotten anything else to do. The last mission I did was called The New Link, and at the turn in for that the Commander on DS9 said she wanted to speak with me in person. However I paid her a visit both before I went to get promoted and after and she doesn't have anything for me. I'm not sure how to get moving forward at this point, and I don't know the game well enough to know if I'm missing something or if its bugged.

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I think I see the problem,turns out there's for some reason a level gap so basically you can't get a new story mission until lvl 42......you're going to have to get to lvl 42 by doing anything to get you exp.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    You're not missing anything and it isn't a bug as such, just someone at Cryptic that can't count. I'm running a new Fed toon through the story missions and have ran into a couple of "gaps", there just isn't enough skill points available from each mini story arc to get near the next arcs mission level requirements.
    Many systems have patrol missions in them, I've been using these to get the extra skill points needed.

Btw this only affects the Feds, Rom and KDF can stay ahead of the level requirements up to lvl 50.​​
  • jvargo79jvargo79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ah okay. I didn't realize my level was the issue here. I did accidentally end up in a patrol mission once when I was trying to do my other mission so I know what to do then. I had just been avoiding them because the rewards weren't on par with what I was getting from the Starfleet chain. Thanks for the help!
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    It's not a new problem and is a little notorious.

At lvl 40, I believe you can still participate in the Defera Invasion Zone and there are always the Patrol Missions (unless those were removed recently).
    I believe the Defera missions are better, but it's been a while since I lvled a Fed unboosted.
    Hard runs and the City missions.
    This is the only place you can get Fractal Remodulators, you'll want those for the Borg Arc...and to help get your free Borg Sci BOff later.

You should be able to fill the lvling voids on Defera alone.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Doff for Xp. seriously, if you'd started at 12, then you'd not have any issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You can always go do the dailies on Nimbus for XP and Dil as well as the daily Traelus System Satellite Repair and Sh'mar Distress Signal around Zibal System. Those are good to do daily anyway until you get further along and other dil things open up for you. And foundry is good for some XP and Dil. Take the officer reports and then the Spawn of Medusa mission to get going.
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    You can always go do the dailies on Nimbus for XP and Dil as well as the daily Traelus System Satellite Repair and Sh'mar Distress Signal around Zibal System. Those are good to do daily anyway until you get further along and other dil things open up for you. And foundry is good for some XP and Dil. Take the officer reports and then the Spawn of Medusa mission to get going.

Hell, in addition to those good suggestions, you can even drop into Starfleet Academy and do the two daily missions from the Historian for easy-peasy XP and 480 dil per day (suggest you google 'STO lore' before guessing the answers to the mid-term exam though).

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    You can also fly along and pick up the Foundry missions that float above most systems... They're a kick and you never know what you're gonna find!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Replay any mission that you've already done and you enjoyed. Since you already know what's going to happen, you should fly through the content and you'll get a lot more xp than you would in a patrol.

Ideally, before this last set of patch notes, you could have run the featured episode over and over to get a really nice set out of it. (if you did it once, you can replay it) which is nice because that gear upgraded for free up to MK XII. But if you haven't done it yet (sunrise and stormbound) they're moved to the future proof tab in the list of episodes, and you have to be level 60.

I would ONLY recommend doing a patrol to level if you're extremely close to hitting the next level.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    jvargo79 wrote: »
    A friend recently convinced me to try this game and then kinda went MIA. I've been enjoying myself so far but I seem to be stuck for the past few days and no amount of Google is helping. I'm playing on the Federation side, and until now every time I finish a mission I've waited about 5 seconds and then someone hails me with my next one. However after getting promoted to Rear Admiral and hitting 40 I haven't gotten anything else to do. The last mission I did was called The New Link, and at the turn in for that the Commander on DS9 said she wanted to speak with me in person. However I paid her a visit both before I went to get promoted and after and she doesn't have anything for me. I'm not sure how to get moving forward at this point, and I don't know the game well enough to know if I'm missing something or if its bugged.

There seems to be a gap every ten levels until you get to lvl 50. I did patrols, doffing, and Foundry to fill the gap. It didn't take long before I was back on track.
    <3