test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Weapons Trade In

So each year a new set of weapons comes out. I'd be more inclined to buy them if I didn't already have a small arsenal - useful only once a year - occuping bank slots. Sure you can buy them on another character, but that assumes a new character each year and ones you want to grind on.

It feels bad to just discard them for nothing. Give us the option to trade in old weapons for a small amount of winter currency, or maybe a mysterious box. Like trading in your old laptop for part value of your new one, to encourage an upgrade. That or make it account bound rather than character, or tradeable?

Ditto for summer event powerboards etc.

Consider it a weapon amnesty, or recycling.

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Actually this is why I made a toon specifically to do events. A toon which does nothing but events has plenty of inventory space for everything an event can ever need.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Spam is irrelevant - Removed>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    every time you TRIBBLE a jem'hadar kills a tribble.............​​

Every time you post that... probably a jem'hadar kills a tribble...
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Spam is irrelevant - Removed>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just by the rapid fire dual pistols ('Flurry') and stick with it through thick and thin.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just by the rapid fire dual pistols ('Flurry') and stick with it through thick and thin.

Flurry is the autorifle. Hail is the dual pistols.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    I'd be happy if the Weapons were Account bound rather than Character bound. That way they could be traded between Alts.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    Or just stick with what you have...if you like something buy it if you don't then don't? I see no reason to feel like you're obligated to buy the new weapons each year...