test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i am a romulan i need help with a choice fast!

so far the story for the romulans is fantastic.i am at a part now where i need to choose star fleet or klingon forces.my question is what are the benefits between the two and witch one has the best story in your guys Opinions

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Klingon:
    - plasmonic leech for all of your KDF aligned alts by buying the Vandal for $10
    - Orion bikini squad if you want it
    - Marauding DOFF missions for contraband
    - DOFF missions that consume the piles of prisoners from Admiralty
    - Aegis set is red glow instead of blue

Fed:
    - uhhhh . . . easier to find a fleet?
  • Options
    champion137champion137 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The story doesn't change no matter which side you choose, differences will be in ship selections, costumes, consoles availability..re: plasmotic leech. I prefered fed side as my fleet was fed based..
  • Options
    Note that neither alignment lets you use Fed or KDF endgame ships. For T5 - T6 you only have access to Romulan + lock box & lobi.

Fed-aligned you get boffs like Hu-mons and Tellerites, KDF-aligned you get Gorns, Orions, Nuasicann pirates, Letheans, Klingons. Either choice you get Romulan and Reman boffs.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Klingon is the Best Choice. Plas Leech you can buy from Zstore once and your set for all KDF toons. Only Fed benefit is you get more ships from T1 to T4 with Feds and you get Sci ships each rank to T4. KDF you can do raiding for easy contraband to Dil. If your flush with EC you can buy leech from exchange thou... 40 to 50 mil last I checked... probably more now.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Stay unaligned, and join the elite.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    There are actually some differences depending on race selection, but my KDF/Rom is quite happy with the available gameplay in the KDF. KDF fleets are not harder to find, either; send a PM if you're having issues with that. Since I have a Rommie in both KDF & FED, I think the KDF side plays more true to the Romulan ethos than Starfleet. :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Klingon:

Fed:

Red glow? For me it is orange not red.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I chose KDF. Because I mostly play KDF. I've enjoyed it so far. Some day I am going to make another Rom char and try out being Fed aligned. However, OP, the question you really need to ask yourself is this one:

Which faction lets me have the most fun out of this game?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Fed-aligned you get boffs like Hu-mons

I am a Hyew-Mon thank you very much. Learn to spell it right! :p

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Gaghh.. I hate choosing and I often regret it afterwards .. In my opinion the fed rom uniforms looks nicer but that's about it. :/ soon going to make that choice again ... Gaghh... Why cryptic do you do this? Lol

I have to say though .. I lik KDF more and more .. But the KDF need better uniforms.. Not liking the gruff looks. For female toon it's so limited. I hate those corsets...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Fed has more choices of tier 4 and lower ships for admirality. Edit: some of them science ships, which is something the KDF lacks.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Fed. We're the good guys. Although I must say the Klinks have become a bit more tolerable and enlightened recently ;)
  • Options
    thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It's more beneficial to be align with kdf.
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »
    Fed. We're the good guys. Although I must say the Klinks have become a bit more tolerable and enlightened recently ;)

Hah. My fed captains have waded through so much blood to become Fleet Admirals. Hundreds of thousands dead through my direct attacks. Worlds gone, races extinguished. And just last week I let a star go out for no good reason. Plus there's the time I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die . . . .
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Klingon:

Fed:

^^

Plus some amazing outfits.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    so far the story for the romulans is fantastic.i am at a part now where i need to choose star fleet or klingon forces.my question is what are the benefits between the two and witch one has the best story in your guys Opinions

to be honest there's not a lot of difference between the two, a few minor ones that have been mentioned in other posts but nothing to get hung up over, the only thing that's a bit irritating if you choose fed is whenever you visit earth space dock you always get an annoying how to dock popup.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.