test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Holiday Chef" Accolade and Recipe Troubles (2015)

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
edited December 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Completed the recipe for "Last Year's Fruitcake". It is not check marked off in the Accolade listing.
I am assuming this means the recipe is NOT counting toward completion of the Holiday Chef accolade, since another recipe worked just fine.

***UPDATE: Accolade list issue cleared up for me. Checked when I signed on another day..."Last Year's Fruitcake" is marked as completed. I guess, I should have tried cold starting the program to download an updated interface.

Also, can not complete the recipe for "Tranya Balls". It seems the collection point for "Eggs" has been covered over by the ramp to the new Gingerbread Village entrance since the map marker shows it in that location. This is most likely affecting any recipes that use "Eggs".

(As noted in ... http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1208728/missing-recipe-ingredients)
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
Post edited by where2r1 on

Comments

• paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Also, can not complete the recipe for "Tranya Balls". It seems the collection point for "Eggs" has been covered over by the ramp to the new Gingerbread Village entrance since the map marker shows it in that location. This is most likely affecting any recipes that use "Eggs".

(As noted in ... http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1208728/missing-recipe-ingredients)

This also applies to "Lowfat Egg Nog".
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    gelatin for candied tube grubs isn't obtainable either.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Any recipe that needs gelatin, or eggs, they are all not completable.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • nantha7nantha7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem, ingredients by the ramp are a no go
    "The undiscover'd country from whose bourn No traveller returns" ~ Hamlet by William Shakespeare & Star Trek VI
  • ofmanynamesofmanynames Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    The same problem here. Let's hope that it will be fixed after the next maintenance.
    True enough is my favourite kind of lie.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I decided to collect the Recipe Cards (and not talk to Neelix) until this whole thing gets sorted out.
    Too many ingredients hanging out in the inventory otherwise.

Winter Invasion is stupid easy since the big BOSS Snowman (at the end) is an easy kill this year...for some reason. I don't think he is ready to stand up to the damage from the new gear.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I really don't think the ingredients are under the ramp, my feeling is that they only spawn for 1 person in that instance. The reason I say that is sometimes when you switch instances the ingredients will show up. The instances that it does are few and far between
    So, wait...ingredients by the Gingerbread Village ramp only show up once per person, per instance...one has to find an unused instance to gain Eggs or Gelatin? How often does THAT (a new instance) even, happen per day?? Especially since there are at least 30-40 already going and most are not filled?

I have time, but not THAT much time! LOL!

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I'm guessing that in the rush to put S11 out (and the massive TS redo), they ran very short on time for the Winter event. Winter event need some serious bug fixing love.
  • gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hmm very annoyed that I can't find the eggs for Nog's Nog recipe. The eggs were outside of the gingerbread house down the slope path. Next to the tree but isn't there.
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    adrianasrx wrote: »
    I really don't think the ingredients are under the ramp, my feeling is that they only spawn for 1 person in that instance. The reason I say that is sometimes when you switch instances the ingredients will show up. The instances that it does are few and far between

I don't think you're right. There isn't such a problem with other ingredients in other places.

And in case of gelatin, you can actually see, if you look close, the top of the blinky that marks interactive items - a few weak shiny spikes sticking out of the ice. You can see it's there. It's just too deep to get the interactive button.​​
  • richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    The winter recipe issue is because the dumbasses buried the ingredient location when they altered the map for the entrance to Gingerbread Village. So the ingredient is still there but you just can't get to it. This is why you don't layoff your most experienced staff with the game like they did earlier this year. Idiots!
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    TRIBBLE dude, it ain't THAT bad. They get WW things straightened out in plenty of time for us to get them done before the end of the event. They just have to know about them, you know.

They missed some small details but added so much more. Just have to be prepared for when it gets fixed. Collect the recipes and do the ones that don't need Eggs or Gelatin.

And I agree with you lucho80....they did have a lot on their plate leading up to this Winter Wonderland Event...up to and including adding Cones of Conduct. (Which is fun as hell...BTW, for those of you who haven't noticed. :)

P.S. Checked my Delta Recruit's "Holiday Chef" accolade list and found "Last Year's Fruitcake" eventually got checked off. I guess, the program needed to catch up a bit. It has been running a bit laggy on the interface side, of late. Probably should have tried to shut the program down completely and restart it before whining about it. :)

• gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I hope they hurry up and fix it. I'm desperate for eggs!
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
    zanuzelta wrote: »
    I hope they hurry up and fix it. I'm desperate for eggs!

Geez, you all are fast. I am still looking for Rum.Buttered.Hot, Kava Juice Gumdrops, Lowfat Eggnog and Trixan Bubble Candy recipe cards.

But then, I been busy decorating the house in real life, over here. I am almost done with that, though...just need a few more finishing touches. Then I can really get into STO and work on my Delta Recruit's accolades. LOL!

• adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    And this bug is not even commented on by Cryptics Devs. Leads me to believe its not important or they dont know how to fix it
    And this bug is not even commented on by Cryptics Devs. Leads me to believe its not important or they dont know how to fix it

Well, Devs rarely speak on the forums about bugs they are fixing....it gets posted in the patch notes.
    Best to keep an eye on that, which Trendy posts on Wednesday nights.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

Bugs are rarely commented on in the forum unless they are absolutely game breaking and very severe, and even then not always. Of all the bugs I've seen reported I think the devs comment on maybe 1 out of 30 or 40 and that's a max.
    Given your join up date I'd have thought you'd figured that out by now, you've only been here one day less than I.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And sometimes they get fixed with no mention of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Still BROKEN
    Taco Fangs responded to it on this thread:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12804467

The Fix is in...someone mentions it is working on Tribble. Check in game AFTER the patch on Thursday, December 10. and see if it fixes the Eggs and Gelatin on Holodeck.

Anyone find a "Trixian Bubble Candy" recipe card by doing the Winter Invasion??
    I am finding everything but the Bubble Candy, this year.

I may just have to break down and go to the Exchange for that card. The Ferengi in me is not happy. :(

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Anyone find a "Trixian Bubble Candy" recipe card by doing the Winter Invasion??

Yes, I've got that one a few times now.
    Thanks, tempus64....my hopes are higher. I will keep trying. :)