test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event is Bugged Lets make a list

Comments

• dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    Most severe I found is the "gameserver not found". But safe login puts me in.

I get that one each time I change toons

• maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    opo98 wrote: »
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    If the snowmen are firing at racers again then that's a re-introduced bug that was originally fixed last year!

I got pwned by a snowman during the race today. :(

Old bug that has was fixed what.. 2 years ago ?? *IF* you get pwned by a Snowman Buring your race:

(1) If you are racing during the SnowBall Fight and get hit before the "Starter" acknowledges you.. If you fire back at the snowmen.. you will be attacked the entire race;

(2) If you fire on a Snowman during your race, you are now targetable;

(3) "Snowball Fight" is at +:45.. Just don't race during that time and everyone will be happy..

tyvm
  • spectre80spectre80 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    There seems to be no option to turn gum drop or sugar plum epohhs for mark packages in gpl conversion unit.
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I can but that was the same as last year too
  • urafeggeturafegget Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Q is sitting on the floor on ESD
    Please forgive my username. Used to be a steam fan boy so then when having to make arc years ago I was mad. Can't change it tho :(
  • kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Sorry for intruding... I don't know if this happens in the US, but in Germany there's some sort of a connection problem.

If you logged of a toon in the Wonder Land map and try to reload that toon in a new log-insession, the game client can not find the game server that generates the instances of the Wonder Land map - and simply disconnects. This may happen several times with all toons of all fractions. And this happens only related to the Wonder Land map.

I've contacted the customer support that is responsible for my localization. But I guess they just want me to update my system which is actually pretty neat...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kodoskang wrote: »
    Sorry for intruding... I don't know if this happens in the US, but in Germany there's some sort of a connection problem.

If you logged of a toon in the Wonder Land map and try to reload that toon in a new log-insession, the game client can not find the game server that generates the instances of the Wonder Land map - and simply disconnects. This may happen several times with all toons of all fractions. And this happens only related to the Wonder Land map.

I've contacted the customer support that is responsible for my localization. But I guess they just want me to update my system which is actually pretty neat...
    This is happening in the English version too. Apparently it's not working right if you try to log in to a full instance. What it should do is shift you to an instance that isn't full, but it isn't. There's no real fix just persistence. you could try leaving QWW before logging out.

WAIT... Last year what it did was kick you from QWW if you tried to log into a full instance. So if you logged out then tried to relog it'd dump you on ESD or wherever you entered QWW from.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This is happening in the English version too. Apparently it's not working right if you try to log in to a full instance. What it should do is shift you to an instance that isn't full, but it isn't. There's no real fix just persistence. you could try leaving QWW before logging out.

WAIT... Last year what it did was kick you from QWW if you tried to log into a full instance. So if you logged out then tried to relog it'd dump you on ESD or wherever you entered QWW from.

Well that is what you apparently now have to do on your own. Get back to ESD, Qo'Nos or New Romulus and then log off. But thank you for confirming the issue. ;)
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    during the tides of ice snowmen start warping all over the map. often they will jump from their spawn point right into the escape hole, giving them cheap instant points, but other times they'll simply phase through the walls and fly across the map.

the waves still fail to give rewards sometimes. it seems to happen randomly, sometimes you get rewards, sometimes you get nothing at all. the final boss also doesn't give rewards if you win, only consolation reward if you lose.

when you leave the winter wonderland through q's window, you reappear on a transporter. i think it should put you right next to q, like if you use the abort mission/warp out/beam to ship button.

epohhs still take 24 hours to do instead of 20 like the risian birds and monkeys which were changed to 20 hour missions last year.

this one is probably less winter related, but kdf characters can't use purple colors in their restricted palettes, so you can't make matching purple pants/skirts to the new winter coats.

winter invasion will not reward the end goods sometimes other than the present item. possibly when 1 player kills the snowman while the rest were doing something else, like fighting the yeti.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    arrmateys wrote: »
    when you leave the winter wonderland through q's window, you reappear on a transporter. i think it should put you right next to q, like if you use the abort mission/warp out/beam to ship button.​​

Using the beam out button up at the mini map lands you right next to Q so I've started using that instead. It has the nice bonus that I don't have to go talk to Q to leave, but can leave whenever I want to.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    for me at Q's wonderland,the lag/rubberbanding is terrible.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Is this for 2014 or 2015...This thread is sooooooo confusing and should be closed.​​
  • niteshade1975niteshade1975 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Gameserver not found is the most serious one at the moment. Happens several times a day when trying to log back into winter wonderland after having logged out from it.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    One of my toons can never compete in the second race of the hour (tested it several times-its only my KDF toon and only happens during the second race), it gives the option to join the race but once I join it, it just keeps asking me to join and it never actually lets me join.

I can confirm this one. Also happens to KDF aligned Rommies. It only happens during the second race if you ran the first one. I have not experienced this with a fed char.
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Who can confirm that the 1st place flag can be stolen this year?

I can confirm this one, too. Happened to me yesterday (and someone in another instance reported the same thing after the same race time.) Not sure this is a someone exploiting situation or a bug of some kind. I have no direct observations to suggest either. But I'm 100% sure nobody passed me during my race, and I was presented with a 2nd place flag, not a first.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
    Is this for 2014 or 2015...This thread is sooooooo confusing and should be closed.​​

2015 from the point Trendy moved the thread and a few posts before.
    tinyfisted wrote: »
    I can confirm this one, too. Happened to me yesterday (and someone in another instance reported the same thing after the same race time.) Not sure this is a someone exploiting situation or a bug of some kind. I have no direct observations to suggest either. But I'm 100% sure nobody passed me during my race, and I was presented with a 2nd place flag, not a first.

Not a bug, it's working as intended. basically the first one who grabs the flag gets that place, be it first, second or third, gets it. It's the same thing for the powerboard race during the Summer Event.
  • niteshade1975niteshade1975 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ilithyn wrote: »

Not a bug, it's working as intended. basically the first one who grabs the flag gets that place, be it first, second or third, gets it. It's the same thing for the powerboard race during the Summer Event.

The issue here is that the people this has happened to (including myself) are sure no one passed us during the entire race and we were first, yet the 1st place flag was already claimed. This seems to be a 2015 bug (or exploit). I don't remember this occurring in previous years.

The issue here is that the people this has happened to (including myself) are sure no one passed us during the entire race and we were first, yet the 1st place flag was already claimed. This seems to be a 2015 bug (or exploit). I don't remember this occurring in previous years.

Oookay, that was a new one to me. But then I usually just go for placing so I rarely get to see the first place flag anyway XD.

Neither do I, and I was winning more than my share of races back then, too. The person who experienced this in a different instance at the same time a few days ago mentioned he was sure this was an exploit because he'd heard of it happening last year, but *shrug* it's hearsay, so I can't personally vouch for that. It smells like a 'variable not getting cleared right' in weird circumstances bug to me, but I progged for 15 years, so I tend to think in terms of bugs rather than exploits. Useful in what I did, less useful as a player on MMOs. :)

• alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This seems to be a 2015 bug (or exploit). I don't remember this occurring in previous years.
    This bug still not fixed since previous winter event, and they even didn't tried to fix it. Now, after they nerfed number of races again, this bug is annoying even more than a year ago.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    It is not a new thing.

I have no idea how this is happening. But I am personally confirming that there is a glitch that lets you grab the 1st place flag, even though you never ran the race. This has happened to me numerous times just this year alone. I am miles ahead of everyone, not even a competition, only to find the 2nd place flag instead of 1st.

And one particular time, the rightful 2nd place fellow actually PMed me to yell at me for picking up both 1st and 2nd flags. If you should read this, there was not a 1st place flag. That 1st place flag was already gone when I got there.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    lindaleff wrote: »
    And one particular time, the rightful 2nd place fellow actually PMed me to yell at me for picking up both 1st and 2nd flags. If you should read this, there was not a 1st place flag. That 1st place flag was already gone when I got there.

I only take 1st place flags. If it was stolen or I was 2nd then I don't take the 2nd place flag, because I prefer rerun the race with the same toon and take the 1st place flag.
    Even if you get 1st on a race, you can still run the next race. There is nothing stopping you from running back-to-back races. I do it every day.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    New one after the secondary emergency patch this week, can no longer use beam up button to exit Q's winter wonderland, have to talk directly to Q to leave and return to either esd/new romulus or Qonos
    New one after the secondary emergency patch this week, can no longer use beam up button to exit Q's winter wonderland, have to talk directly to Q to leave and return to either esd/new romulus or Qonos

This is not a bug.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

It occurred in the 2013 one as well. Had it happen at least once, and there were reports by others of more instances.

People mention snowmen spawning underground, but that's not a bug. A lot, but not all, of the snowmen during Snowball Fight are supposed to pop out like an ambush, complete with a snowy eruption animation. I usually see this animation, but not always. You can target them underground before they erupt and damage or even kill them before they pop up, but I'd prefer that to them not being selectable as a target for a time after spawning like the ones in the first phase of Cones of Conduct. The snowmen in Tide of Ice and Winter Invasion also do the erupt out of the ground thing, though the ones in Tide of Ice are immune to any damage until they begin moving forward.

For the record, I haven't had the second race of the hour bug out on me and not register my entry on any character yet, regardless of faction, and I almost always run both each hour that I'm on. It doesn't matter if I take one of the numbered places, just get the Finish flag, or even get disqualified during the first one, I haven't been locked out. I usually change instances between races, but not always. I would love to hear what is causing it for some people, assuming they figure out what it is.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    That is not a bug. That is a step towards being accurate to the series. Think about TNG, and all the times Q transported anyone to his storylands. Q was the only way in, and the only way out. So, your ship correctly would not have the ability to lock onto you if you are in a place that otherwise does not exist. If you want out, speak with Q.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    There's something odd going on in tide of ice whereby snowmen are spawning up the lanes and then teleporting right to the tunnel mouth so you have no hope of stopping them. If you see it happen you can see the red dot for the enemy npc zoom across the minimap.

Also possibly linked to this bug, on occasion you get a lame where the snowmen don't move down to the fortress they just stay at the top of mid lane endlessly spawning. Then you end up with hundreds in one place and killing them is nigh on impossible as you can survive all that aggro.

Finally, once you get frozen and defrost sometimes the instant you are free you get frozen again despite not taking any hits and the freeze animation is missing. Almost like a double freeze.
    SulMatuul.png
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Can't Get Race Started Race Official not responding
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    That is not a bug. That is a step towards being accurate to the series. Think about TNG, and all the times Q transported anyone to his storylands. Q was the only way in, and the only way out. So, your ship correctly would not have the ability to lock onto you if you are in a place that otherwise does not exist. If you want out, speak with Q.

i appreciate your well versed version of why, at least you put a lil more thought and effort into a well constructed answer than the other guys simple this is not a bug, and i do understand to be true to form we should be required to talk to Q to leave in order to stay canon, but as this has not been the case except for the very first year of winter event 5 years ago, you may wish to have a look at the very first line in tonights patch notes to fix what they buggered with their secondary emergency patch on the 10th of december....
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9705933