test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashing While Transfering Between Maps in Foundry Mission

djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
I was checking on an issue where a couple of players gave one of my missions a one-star review on 11/3/15 (see this post for an issue about the review function not being disabled). I ran the mission myself when I came to a point where the game would not respond while I was trying to transition between two ground maps. I had to restart the game in Safe Mode in order to get my alt out of the mission and back into sector space.

Mission ID: ST-HPW902H3Y
Maps in Question: Antares Queen and Antares Queen Captain's Quarters
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hey OP.

I'm betting that this isn't an issue with the Foundry Mission... There has been a pretty big issue affecting a large portion of the player base that is causing Crashes and Hangups during Map Transitions. No one has been able to locate a cause as of yet.
  • Options
    totix27totix27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same problem too, will it be fixed soon?
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Two questions: 1) Is this on a Foundry mission you wrote or just played, and 2) do you happen to know if it involves playing on an interior ground map called Starbase 24 Interior? There is a known issue where that particular map is causing the game to freeze.

You may want to post the name of your mission and its ID number in case the devs want to take a look.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    It's on a Foundry mission that i played, i was playing on an interiour ground, but it wasn't the interior of the starbase 24. The issue occurred during the mission Star Trek Odissey part 4, the game was loading the ground map and the the game freezed. I will wrote the ID of the mission and the location
    IDs: ST-HOLNZPU5J
    Maps in question: Interior of the Starbase 82
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015
    totix27 wrote: »
    It's on a Foundry mission that i played, i was playing on an interiour ground, but it wasn't the interior of the starbase 24. The issue occurred during the mission Star Trek Odissey part 4, the game was loading the ground map and the the game freezed. I will wrote the ID of the mission and the location
    IDs: ST-HOLNZPU5J
    Maps in question: Interior of the Starbase 82

Hey Boss.

So here's the scoop, there is a Bug with the Ground Map template from the old Starbase 24 PvE Queue. Any Mission that Uses this map will have issues. The Map cannot be previewed in the foundry Editor as it crashes, it also crashes when the author tries to Publish. and it will also Crash when ever anyone tries to play the mission once publishing completes (which is does)

So I'm guessing that the "Starbase 82" Map is probably a Redress of this map. Now that I know the Mission ID: I can try and contact the author to confirm if that map is used in their mission. If it is I will add it to my list. If not... then I will be looking into what else could be plaguing this mission.

I want to thank you both, and if I find out anything I'll let you guys know.

I also have a master bug list that can be viewed here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1206048/unofficial-official-bug-thread-for-season-11-foundry-downtime/p2
  • Options
    thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.