test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for next year's Winter Wonderland: Holiday Ship Skins (and other things)

A purchasable ship skin that can only be shown during the WW event by going to the Shipyard. Like a ship that's all in blue and covered in white snowflakes, or a ship done in peppermint candy stripes. Or a skin that reads "Q IS GREAT!" in graffiti across the saucer section and/or engineering fuselage.

Or, a shuttle (or ship pet) that's a reindeer-driven sleigh.

These should be within the parameters of the game's engine to accomplish, do you think?
2821j4m.jpg

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    0.o?

*backs away from the thread...*
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    I would be happy with a Breen fighter at a fraction of the cost of the main ship. After completing the main event for 1000 whatever they are using, you can use an additional 400 for the fighter.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Or what about package deal for access to the old breen design parts from post re-models of them.
  • titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Oh, and a perfect idea for next year's WW: Ugly Christmas Sweaters!!
    2821j4m.jpg
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    or perhaps a fruitcake torpedo launcher mk xii​​
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    A purchasable ship skin that can only be shown during the WW event by going to the Shipyard. Like a ship that's all in blue and covered in white snowflakes, or a ship done in peppermint candy stripes. Or a skin that reads "Q IS GREAT!" in graffiti across the saucer section and/or engineering fuselage.

Or, a shuttle (or ship pet) that's a reindeer-driven sleigh.

These should be within the parameters of the game's engine to accomplish, do you think?

hmmm, I cant see this happening some how.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Can I get the bleached bone white (but not the other effect) from the Dyson as winter material for my ships? I'd buy that for a Dollar. Or more. Or grind it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    This could be a great idea or a horrible one depending upon execution.

I like it though. ;)
  • fscientist#2762 fscientist Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I support this notion.

Also, may I suggest adding a sled-racing track next year? If not in Wonderland, at least another PvE queue.
    A scientist of fiction. Or somesuch. I'm getting really rusty on both, dawg. :/
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

If memory serves well, they had space snowball launchers, back when I just arrived (come to think of it, hmmm, maybe that was in EvE Online, LOL).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    PVP snowball fights :D
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Rudolph nose and antlers to put on our ship's saucers? :)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'd like a daily quest or something for ice skating on the lake. Fun to bust out the Frosted Boots and skate on the lake, but no one really does that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Breen BOFF customization options (duh). Possibly something to buy from the Winter Vendor in exchange for a substantial amount of winter commodities.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Breen BOFF customization options (duh). Possibly something to buy from the Winter Vendor in exchange for a substantial amount of winter commodities.

Not everyone has a Breen BOff though. And we are LONG overdue for an Episode Replay, which is the ONLY method of acquiring the Breen BOff. While it would be nice to be able to customize... many people may not go for it because they don't have the BOff. It would only cater to those who've been around long enough to get one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd like a daily quest or something for ice skating on the lake. Fun to bust out the Frosted Boots and skate on the lake, but no one really does that.
    A new type of race or competition perhaps? Figure skating or something.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    This x100,000,000,000,000,000
    Not everyone has a Breen BOff though. And we are LONG overdue for an Episode Replay, which is the ONLY method of acquiring the Breen BOff. While it would be nice to be able to customize... many people may not go for it because they don't have the BOff. It would only cater to those who've been around long enough to get one.
    Simple solution; Cryptic offer up an Engineering or Science alternative during the Winter Event. That way people can earn one at Winter, and then a second (Tactical) one whenever the episodes replay.

Or just take the Bridge Officer out of the episode replays, and replace him with a ground set or something.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Simple solution; Cryptic offer up an Engineering or Science alternative during the Winter Event. That way people can earn one at Winter, and then a second (Tactical) one whenever the episodes replay.

Or just take the Bridge Officer out of the episode replays, and replace him with a ground set or something.

[/quote]

Seconded. And i would not be against a FE rerun either, since i have many alts who never got the chance to grab said BOFF along with the other rewards.

• badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User

I'd like a speed skating course with jumps and obstacles, the code is already in the game, just need to expand the Winter Wonderland.
    edited December 2015
    Ooh so many great ideas! The key is not doing it all at once so people get bored, they have to pace themselves. I love the skiing or snowboarding track ideas. Expanding gingerbread villages and maybe a snowman stronghold to explore as well!

More Breen story material would also be interesting.
    edited December 2015
    As for the fruitcake torpedo launcher... i don't think AL Gore would appreciate being crammed into my torpedo tube. XD