test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground Set Skills

vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Reputation System
The set skills for the Delta Alliance reputation ground set and the Iconian Resistance ground set seem a little mismatched to me, shouldn't they be swapped? The Delta set is supposed to be for fighting the Vaadwaur yet whats the point of the High Frequency Electromagnetic Pulse skill considering that other than the occasional tank, the Vaadwaur don't really use any sort of drones.

The Iconian Resistance ground set skill seems better suited for that stuff. As far as the Iconian Resistance ground set, from what I've seen on all the new ground missions, the bulk of the Herald forces seem to be drones, those robotic suit things, the EM pulse would be a more appropriate skill to use against them so logically, shouldn't that be the skill for the Iconian Resistance set?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by vermatrix on

Comments

• Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my daily experience in the Kobali adventure zone, the Vaadwaur uses drones quite often. I've seen ground troops use at least two different drones, offensive and defensive ones.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same here... I'm pretty sure I've seen two different also. A shield drone that provides extra shielding for them (and is a lock box drop) and another that's like the seeker drone engineers can deploy
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, yeah, those, but, they are easily destroyed with weapons fire so a special skill isn't really needed there. The EM pulse skill still seems better suited for fighting the Heralds since on the ground maps the main forces are Constructs, usually it's a lot of those and those fused whatever things, and just a few of the others so one blast from the EM pulse takes down most of their forces.

That seems a better use for the skill than what little use it gets against the Vaadwaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The rep sets aren't DESIGNED to fight certain enemies for the most part, they're good against anything. they're simply slightly themed.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."