test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant get the other winter event ship

tweihtweih Member Posts: 22 Arc User
i was wanting to see if i can do projects of the years past winter event but it cant open a new project to get the ships.

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    That's not a bug. That's working as intended.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • tweihtweih Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    no its not the summer event you could do the others one as well
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    they removed that this year. you can no longer slot old projects.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    If you had the projects already slotted you could finish them this winter but if you didn't then they would be removed. My problem is, I had them slotted and they were removed. I'm beyond pissed off about this right now.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    From what I understand some people can't finish them even if they had them slotted, that'd certainly change the matter if this were the case.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • crypticnictuscrypticnictus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well I had all projects vanish from the event rep tab at some point over the last year or so. Currently I'm having trouble getting Support to understand the difference between "this has gone missing and I want it back so I can earn the ship before it's too late" and "please complete this project for me so I don't have to do anything".
    Well I had all projects vanish from the event rep tab at some point over the last year or so. Currently I'm having trouble getting Support to understand the difference between "this has gone missing and I want it back so I can earn the ship before it's too late" and "please complete this project for me so I don't have to do anything".

Ditto, support told me that they've received several tickets about this and it's obviously bug so to file a bug report. I'm just a little miffed because I was planning to get all 3 ships. One character had the first ship at 800ish. Even if they do allow them to be reslottable (which I doubt) I'd still have to start from scratch and get 1000 tickets instead of the 200 or so I needed for that one.

Ditto, support told me that they've received several tickets about this and it's obviously bug so to file a bug report. I'm just a little miffed because I was planning to get all 3 ships. One character had the first ship at 800ish. Even if they do allow them to be reslottable (which I doubt) I'd still have to start from scratch and get 1000 tickets instead of the 200 or so I needed for that one.

Do you guys have the ticket numbers for what's happened? I'd be interested in passing these on if I can.
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited December 2015

Do you guys have the ticket numbers for what's happened? I'd be interested in passing these on if I can.

Incident 151203-001209.

My last response from 'Support' was telling me this can't happen and I'm lying.

Thank you for actually looking into this.
  • datcritickittendatcritickitten Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    When everyone is telling you that you are wrong...chances are...you are wrong. When then devs tell you you are wrong in a blog post from this summer event...well then you are definately wrong.

Could someone provide a link to this blog post that "proves" that this is the new policy for the Winter Event? Because I have been looking everywhere for this blog post and I honestly can't find it. I found multiple posts stating that the older Risian ships had been retired, but nothing confirming that this would also be done for the Winter Event too.

I'd really like to know as I have a friend running the events this year to try and pick up the old ships, and he'd be awfully disappointed if he can't get the full set bonus.

EDIT: Never mind, I finally found it. Now to tell him the bad news.... >_<

Funny how they tell you it can't happen and tell me it's a bug.

I'd have to look up the e-mail from support to get the help ticket number, I don't have the bug ticket number though.
    For now I'm continuing to run the race on the characters that should have the projects in trust that they will be restored before the event ends. I don't mind earning them from scratch since I can't remember how much progress I had made on them; but obviously someone refusing to process a support request with the official subcategory "missing and deleted items" with the reasoning that the game is infallible and they don't deal with deleted items anyway is unacceptable.

Incident 151203-001209.

Cheers, we have a discussion going on about the events in general, I'll see what can be done.
    Not seeing anything on the patch notes.. guess that means no advance on this. Bummer
    Cheers, we have a discussion going on about the events in general, I'll see what can be done.

Support have progressed to saying that they aren't capable of putting this right. In what I am sure is a completely unrelated issue I am now unable to submit support or bug reports in game and the web support site declares that an Internal Server Error occurred, preventing me from pursuing this further.

Support have progressed to saying that they aren't capable of putting this right. In what I am sure is a completely unrelated issue I am now unable to submit support or bug reports in game and the web support site declares that an Internal Server Error occurred, preventing me from pursuing this further.

That's just something else I need to look into at some point.
    Not seeing anything on the patch notes.. guess that means no advance on this. Bummer

I'm still trying for some answers. The more I looked into it the more odd the situation seems to be, so hopefully we'll get something sorted :)

That's just something else I need to look into at some point.

I'm still trying for some answers. The more I looked into it the more odd the situation seems to be, so hopefully we'll get something sorted :)

I'm glad to say that the server error fixed itself by the next day. My support request has also now proceeded to the point they have informed me that they do not actually have the tools to correct missing reputation projects, which is I suppose a good reason for refusing to put it right!

Thank you again for looking into this, without your positive response this would have been significantly more... aggravating.
  • mcgrizzled86mcgrizzled86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Hello @tarastheslayer,

I also have a missing Sarr Theln project. I'm pretty sure it was still slotted during the Anniversary event. As of the release of Season 11 it was gone. My original ticket was 151027-001340. I have been continuing to talk to Support reps through 151123-001126.

Support has been talking to me about it, but mostly that they are unable to reslot Event projects. I've been diligently collecting vouchers in hopes that I still get a chance to finish it.
    Post edited by mcgrizzled86 on
    edited December 2015
    My support request has also now proceeded to the point they have informed me that they do not actually have the tools to correct missing reputation projects, which is I suppose a good reason for refusing to put it right!

Yeah, I've been getting that response for awhile now, through a couple levels of escalation. Today they even tried to stealth 'Solved' my ticket...
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    From my experience, your encounter with support is perfectly normal. If you actually want support for this, I recommend asking for help on Reddit's STO category.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    When everyone is telling you that you are wrong...chances are...you are wrong. When then devs tell you you are wrong in a blog post from this summer event...well then you are definately wrong.

Could someone provide a link to this blog post that "proves" that this is the new policy for the Winter Event? Because I have been looking everywhere for this blog post and I honestly can't find it. I found multiple posts stating that the older Risian ships had been retired, but nothing confirming that this would also be done for the Winter Event too.

I'd really like to know as I have a friend running the events this year to try and pick up the old ships, and he'd be awfully disappointed if he can't get the full set bonus.

EDIT: Never mind, I finally found it. Now to tell him the bad news.... >_<

They told us about it November 9, about a month before the event started.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1207287/retiring-glossy-photos-of-q/p1

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9644853
    FAQ at the bottom:
    Why are you retiring the Autographs?

We want to maintain the exclusivity and collectability of the event ships from the Winter Event each year, and in order to do that we will be retiring the existing items. When the 2015 Winter Event begins, an entirely new currency will be needed to acquire the event starship. This will be the process going forward – a new item to be collected each year.

Our goal for this change is to ensure that everyone participates on equal footing for the release of each year's new ship.

What if I have a partial Winter Reputation project in progress?

Those of you that already have a winter ship project in progress from a previous year’s event WILL NOT lose any progress, and can simply finish that project either with your existing Autographs, or with the new currency when it arrives.

Can I slot a new project for previous Winter Ships?

No. These ships are being retired with the start of the 2015 Winter Event.

Although it says if you had a project for an old ship already slotted you could finish it, I've seen reports that players can't contribute the new vouchers to the old projects and some reports of the projects being automatically removed when the event started.

Just posting this here so people can see the info since nobody else bothered to post a link to the dev blog.
    I now have the required 1000 tokens on both characters that are missing projects to put them into.
    My last communication told me to submit a bug report and then they would correct any problems. This was submitted on the 2nd of January with ticket number #3,865,369. This is now two weeks later, nothing has been corrected, no further communications have been forthcoming.

So it turned out support managed to lead me along and contradict themselves all the way to the end of the event.
    Hey folks, sorry this isn't moving along as you'd all like, I've been trying to get some answers but it's been slow going.
    My last communication told me to submit a bug report and then they would correct any problems. This was submitted on the 2nd of January with ticket number #3,865,369. This is now two weeks later, nothing has been corrected, no further communications have been forthcoming.

So it turned out support managed to lead me along and contradict themselves all the way to the end of the event.

Yeah, Support finally defeated me as well. I got them all the way to the point where they told me they would no longer reply to my ticket and it got stealth closed every time I tried. I can understand they don't have the power to fix something like this, but it seems strange to me that they have no process of escalation in place. I recently had another issue that they did resolve to my satisfaction, but not by actually fixing the issue. Makes me wonder if these things ever make it to Dev from Support. I assume not since they always tell us to put in a Bug Report, but it seems like these issues would get more attention coming from Support; who will have done at least some research and troubleshooting with the user; instead of being dropped in with the slew of nonsensical bug reports they must get.

Hey folks, sorry this isn't moving along as you'd all like, I've been trying to get some answers but it's been slow going.

With Support's victory and the event over, I'd kinda given up hope. It didn't even remove the event currency yet, so there it sits, mocking me, lol. But, c'est la guerre. We all appreciate the help you've been able to give us and any help we still might get, so thank you.