test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post-Stormbound

When the Dano missions are over, the next mission could have the Player inspecting the latest Lukari warp vessel, the one i imagine would still be half finished, but parts of it are based on ships the Lukari have encountered, such as two Ferengi style nacelle's turned vertically and side to side, while the interior would only be described as Tzenkethi inspired, since we haven't seen them.

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    I hope we meet the Tzenkethi. Maybe they're going to be in the next Lock Box that people keep talking about. Interesting to see whether Crypitc go Reptilian or Feline with them...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We already have Caitian and Ferasen, I'd prefer the Tzenkethi be birdlike, but if they have to be mammal, that Cryptic makes them Canids(dogs).

Edit: Just went to Memory Beta, unlikely either of us will get our wish.

A different idea is having a member of a species that just turned Q-like make a mistake testing their new form, and caused the Preserver's planet seeding experiment, or part of it, to fail, turning either every Milky Way species, or only that of the Player into a non-humanoid form. Would that still equal no Spock, no Hobus, and no Miral Paris?

A third is, should T'Ket make her reappearance, she goes so far in her rage the Q Continuum may have step in, who, i think would respond by erasing her whole fleet in one instant, and revert her into the Iconian version of a toddler.
    Post edited by captz1pp on
    edited November 2015
    Memory Beta is about as useful as as a pair of chocolate sunglasses. Memory Alpha is where the information is at.

The Tzenkethi are either Reptilian or Feline; no Birds, no Dogs. There are notes at the bottom of the Memory Alpha page on them, and references throughout the article with regard to their Reptilian/Feline nature.

We only have two Feline species in the game at the moment; Caitian and Ferasan, whereas we have the Voth, Gorn, Saurian and Xindi (1 of 5) that are Reptilian. I think it would be more interesting if the Tzenkethi were Feline, but different to how the Caitian or Ferasam are. The differences in the mamamian species is quite varied; I'd think the same could apply to a feline species.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    Memory Beta is about as useful as as a pair of chocolate sunglasses. Memory Alpha is where the information is at.

The Tzenkethi are either Reptilian or Feline; no Birds, no Dogs. There are notes at the bottom of the Memory Alpha page on them, and references throughout the article with regard to their Reptilian/Feline nature.

We only have two Feline species in the game at the moment; Caitian and Ferasan, whereas we have the Voth, Gorn, Saurian and Xindi (1 of 5) that are Reptilian. I think it would be more interesting if the Tzenkethi were Feline, but different to how the Caitian or Ferasam are. The differences in the mamamian species is quite varied; I'd think the same could apply to a feline species.

You claim to use memory alpha, but memory alpha makes only one reference to felines, and that's where the creator of the Tzenkethi said that he didn't picture them as cats, but instead as armored lizard things. The only other choice for their appearance is this:
    In these novels, they are described as being humanoid in shape, and extremely attractive to many different races. Because of their internal biology which is effectively various fluid-filled sacs, they have a very fluid movement. Their skin pigmentation apparently ranges across the entire visible spectrum, in addition to having a slight phosphorescent glow. Bioluminescence is also common on the Tzenkethi homeworld.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    So what do we get from this episode? What are the drops?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    edited November 2015
    Maybe files made by Q himself boasting about "encounters" he had with other Trek species, such as the Benthens, Malurians when they still existed, Zakdorn, Lurians*?

*Morns species, in case you don't know.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    So what do we get from this episode? What are the drops?

If it's anything close to as awesome as the quantum phase torpedo and console, I can't wait.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    what gradii said !!!!!!!​​
    edited November 2015
    You claim to use memory alpha, but memory alpha makes only one reference to felines, and that's where the creator of the Tzenkethi said that he didn't picture them as cats, but instead as armored lizard things. The only other choice for their appearance is this:
    In these novels, they are described as being humanoid in shape, and extremely attractive to many different races. Because of their internal biology which is effectively various fluid-filled sacs, they have a very fluid movement. Their skin pigmentation apparently ranges across the entire visible spectrum, in addition to having a slight phosphorescent glow. Bioluminescence is also common on the Tzenkethi homeworld.
    I thought there were more references than that, although in whatever case, it appears as thought there are three possible outcomes to them. Knowing Cryptic, they'll go with the humanoid form because they can add colours and wonderful fluffy effects to them. I personally would rather have their Feline or Reptilian counterpart.
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I would like to confront the Sheliak.. that would be interesting..
    I would like to confront the Sheliak.. that would be interesting..
    Indeed, the Sheliak, the Son'a (okay, more interested in their ships to be honest), the Suliban (more of them), the Na'kuhl, the Fen Domar, the Devore, the Vidiian; all species I would like to see within STO.

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    captz1pp wrote: »
    We already have Caitian and Ferasen, I'd prefer the Tzenkethi be birdlike, but if they have to be mammal, that Cryptic makes them Canids(dogs).

Edit: Just went to Memory Beta, unlikely either of us will get our wish.

A different idea is having a member of a species that just turned Q-like make a mistake testing their new form, and caused the Preserver's planet seeding experiment, or part of it, to fail, turning either every Milky Way species, or only that of the Player into a non-humanoid form. Would that still equal no Spock, no Hobus, and no Miral Paris?

A third is, should T'Ket make her reappearance, she goes so far in her rage the Q Continuum may have step in, who, i think would respond by erasing her whole fleet in one instant, and revert her into the Iconian version of a toddler.

The guy would created the Tzenkethi ( Robert Hewitt Wolfe) imagined them to be "Heavily Armored Lizard-things" which would mean they approximate Gorn.

Something that Cryptic could expand upon quite easily.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    I think it would be more interesting if the Tzenkethi were Feline, but different to how the Caitian or Ferasam are.

If by "different" you mean "not furry," I endorse this statement.
    warpangel wrote: »
    If by "different" you mean "not furry," I endorse this statement.
    They'd look a bit weird if they were shaved. I don't mind furry, but I would like for them to look a bit more... menacing.

Can we get back on topic, please?
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    While I prefer another reptilian species, I'd vote for a feline, canid, or even a cuttlefish (or cephalopod) race.

As to original ship design; we won't know until we see at least a shuttle from them.
    edited November 2015
    Now that Stormbound is over, the next mission should be the Player seeing the ships counselor if your FED or ROM, or doing a "stress relief" holoprogram if your KDF, then in a debriefing about the loss of the Na'khul star where your shown Capt. Archers logs about them, and about what your factions have known of the Temporal Cold War since the 22nd century.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I would like to see the Lukari equivalent of the NX-01. Getting to experience the galaxy through a new set of eyes would be pretty awesome.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    There could be an episode focusing on species like the Tellarites, or Letheans, who do something over the lack of attention they receive.

Or one where, on an away mission, you encounter a planet where only a few malfunctioning service robots remain, and an Exocomp from your ship starts behaving strangely after being ordered to fix one of them. How will that turn out?