test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Added a "Delete Multiple" feature to the Mail UI.

From 03 DEC 2015 Patch Notes:

This was NOT needed. All you have to do is hold down your "Enter" key while simultaneously selecting the 'STO-Mail' entry to delete. Do not release the "Enter" key on your board until you are done deleting each 'sto-mail' you want to delete.

Doing this will automatically trigger the default button on the pop up that asks you to confirm your desire to delete any particular 'sto-mail' entry. Each entry can then be deleted in a Rapid Fire hail of Delete explosions of satisfaction.

Maybe I should make a youtube of this. Hopefully anyone reading this will be bright enough to follow my instructions and so release me from further degradation of substandard affiliations.

TTFN!

T9​​
STAR TREK
lD8xc9e.png

Comments

• Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »

This was NOT needed. All you have to do is hold down your "Enter" key while simultaneously selecting the 'STO-Mail' entry to delete. Do not release the "Enter" key on your board until you are done deleting each 'sto-mail' you want to delete.

Doing this will automatically trigger the default button on the pop up that asks you to confirm your desire to delete any particular 'sto-mail' entry. Each entry can then be deleted in a Rapid Fire hail of Delete explosions of satisfaction.

Maybe I should make a youtube of this. Hopefully anyone reading this will be bright enough to follow my instructions and so release me from further degradation of substandard affiliations.

TTFN!

T9​​

Not everyone know this tip. Also, doesn't change the fact that you had to do it one by one, now you can delete all your mails in one click.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yes, or you use a sensible functoning interface t select mails you want to delete and click "delete" instead of "holding down enter" and using cryptic tricks to fulfil basic comfort functions.

It's bad enough it took five years for this function to be implemented, but we are going to complain about it as well? pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I owuld rather a delete all feature instead of holding down enter and rapidly clicking. What we should be complaining about is how broken the mail system in this game is.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Wow...just Wow.

SMH
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    This is proof that you cannot make everyone happy.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User

This was NOT needed.​​

You couldn't be more wrong. My question is where was this 5 years ago but, better late than never I suppose.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    gabeoz1 wrote: »
    I owuld rather a delete all feature instead of holding down enter and rapidly clicking.

Same here. Thank you Devs for adding this feature.​​

I think it's a nice feature too. :)

There are two other major QoL improvements that should also be added to the mail system IMO, to make it perfect:

1) A TAKE ALL button that will take ALL items in your mail back into your inventory at once.
    2) Being able to navigate through mails with the arrow keys...for some reason that doesn't work for me; I can only move down the list with my mouse.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Deleted all my mail!!! Had all my XXVI gear saved the mail /zomg /rage /blame @artan42

You hear me Artan?! your fault!!! The beard says so!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Now, what we'll see is a mass amount of noobs who jump on here to complain about accidentally deleting something valuable from their mail because they forgot to check through their messages and hit the delete all button and got rid of it... Then they'll complain to Cryptic asking for them to replace said items...

:rollseyes:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    This is a good and welcome change! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    This is a good and welcome change! :)

^Totally agreed, this is universally good change for everybody.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I just which they'd fix un-deleted mail to stay marked as read. The green blinky DRIVES ME MAD! (Worf) RARRRGHHHH!!!!!! (/Worf)
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Like I said in patch notes thread, would be better if they add a "Take all" feature too :smile: Maybe in 5 years?
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Deleted all my mail!!! Had all my XXVI gear saved the mail /zomg /rage /blame @artan42

You hear me Artan?! your fault!!! The beard says so!!!!

Ehy, what the... but... eh!??!!?!

Well maybe you should have mailed me the bloody gear then.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I would rather have a feature commonly used in modern mail clients that allows you to quickly select all messages and then individually deselect the ones you don't want to touch. Even better, a way to sort and filter messages to easily select the ones you want to work with.

Failing that, I'm not likely to use "Delete All" but, again, ranting about it is unnecessary. Use it or don't use it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Oh, wait. Is it "Delete Multiple" or "Delete All"? Cuz there's a big difference in the usefulness of the two...
    Post edited by bergins on
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    It's a solid thumbs up from me!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2015

​​

This was very much needed. I have so many mails that deleting one, even with the method you describe, the game stalls to a halt for 3-5 seconds before one single mail is deleted. I asked ingame about it, asked support about it, asked, asked, asked. No solid solution. I actually talked to some people that created dummy characters for most of their ingame mail so they could just delete the characters instead of messing with the mail - that's how cumbersome it can become. If you don't believe me, that's alright, it just means you never got any serious amount of mail.

Here's a thread about the new feature - which sadly stopped working.

Just in case, i can link my demonstration of it in here:
    https://youtu.be/qhyF6H8CgtQ

Deleting all those mails one by one, as you suggested with your method, takes about 90 minutes or more - and that would be only one of those 200 or 300 mail pages. I got a few dozen of those. With the new delete button, even with the timeout and the disconnect - it takes about 5 minutes. A huge improvement for those of us that got a lot of mail.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    This was NOT needed. All you have to do is hold down your "Enter" key while simultaneously selecting the 'STO-Mail' entry to delete. Do not release the "Enter" key on your board until you are done deleting each 'sto-mail' you want to delete.​​
    While that works, I've deleted mails I didn't want when a new one comes in just as I delete. So this addition is very nice and IMO very much needed. Interestingly, I think there was some reddit thing where Bort asked for some small QOL improvement and this was one of them. So the devs give us something that's wanted and people complain. Go figure.

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I know this isn't the bug report thread, but it doesn't work, or works only occasionally.

Also the hold enter (or space) to me has never worked, so the only way to clear mails was to align delete with yes then spam click away.

Worth mentioning also that I've lost items (2) in the mail system sent to myself and so find that method of transfer unreliable, as have others, for the same reason: they failed to show up in inbox and it isn't due to spelling errors as it was an auto-complete handle.

Either way the free feature is of course appreciated.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Should have been added a long time ago, but, as they say, better late then never.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    So the devs give us something that's wanted and people complain. Go figure.

"We want this thing! And we hate you for giving us this thing that we want!"

Sounds about right to be fair.
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I know this isn't the bug report thread, but it doesn't work, or works only occasionally.

Also the hold enter (or space) to me has never worked, so the only way to clear mails was to align delete with yes then spam click away.

Worth mentioning also that I've lost items (2) in the mail system sent to myself and so find that method of transfer unreliable, as have others, for the same reason: they failed to show up in inbox and it isn't due to spelling errors as it was an auto-complete handle.

Either way the free feature is of course appreciated.

They currently disabled the ability to delete exchange mail for bug hunting purposes, which is probably why it sometimes doesn't work.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User

T9​​

This (terrible) method stopped working consistently a few patches ago. It would delete the first mail, then it would default to entering text in the chat.

ryuga81.png
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Why someone is complaining about feature that should have been added years ago is a mystery to me too. And it actually came in very handy as I yesterday sold a ton of winter materials.
    Gameserver not found.