test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dutch players looking to join a Dutch fleet?

simbucksimbuck Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I am a co-founder of a Dutch fleet (spoken and run in Dutch)
we re looking for some players (nederlandstalig natuurlijk) to join,

Just curious how to find players.. any tips?

Comments

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    What about contact info in your post, so any1 here can contact you in-game ?
    (ik kom uit rotterdam/im from rotterdam)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm from the Netherlands, but i have no intention of joining a Dutch fleet.
    Aside from some negative experiences with "Dutch" fleets/guilds/alliances in other games, for myself i feel it would ruin the game experience for an international MMO if i would interact in Dutch.

Experiences may differ from person to person though so good luck with your search.

Edit:
    B.t.w. are you aware that there is a specific area for fleet interaction and recruitment?
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/fleet-system-and-holdings​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • simbucksimbuck Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hello Bones, my ingame name is @Simbuck, our fleet-tag is _NL_
    Mostly I fly in a Defiantclass en ik woon in je buurt, Den Haag ;-)

Thanks Questerius for the link.
    I did not know that area was available.

sorry you have had some bad experiences with Dutch fleets before.
    we do have contact with some other fleets as well (not Dutch)
    We are even considering joining an International Armada but that is just us.
    Before we have had some experiences with an other fleet to, the reason to start our own had something to do with that.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Simbuck, I wish you good luck with building up a Dutch fleet.

I'm a Dutch guy as well (Brabant, so naturally y'all think I'm from the underdeveloped-mediëval part xD), but like the signature picture shows, I'm already in command of a fleet. 3 even in a family of 5 fleets. So I don't see it happening any time soon that I'll leave my own fleets and join a specific Dutch one. Same as Questerius: I like playing with folks from other countries in an international game.

In case you ever find yourself in need for some advice though, make sure to shoot me a message at any time! I've been doing this job for 3 years already, so I know my way around Fleet management by now.