test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Error 36: A file is locked that could not be opened for writing. Restart in 10-9-8-7...

Anyone else getting this message when they are trying to patch? I can't get into the game.

Comments

• colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    i get this Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully. does anyone get that?
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yep same here. Dosent help change proxy server and i have not time to uninstal game.
    Hmm verifi data dosent help too . Fu.k :s
  • grandpasqueakgrandpasqueak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm getting the error 36 thing. When I try to go to Arc support I get an internal server error.

To those getting the Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully error. I occasionally get that too usually right after a patch. I close the program and reopen it and it works fine after that.
  • grandpasqueakgrandpasqueak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If you are running a windows 10 machine I have a solution that worked for me.

Apparently with some Windows 10 machines (or settings) closing programs doesn't close them it just exits and keeps them active and also resident. This activity is apparently what is causing the problem.

Steps I took to solve this:

1. Right click on the task bar (at the bottom of your screen) and select task manager.
    2. Scroll down until you find Arc and Star Trek Online processes.
    3. For each Arc and STO process left click to select and click on the end task button (If it refuses to close go to the solution below).
    4. Close the task manager.
    5. On the task bar locate the File Explorer icon (file folder with a blue clip on the bottom) and left click it.
    6. Left click on "This PC".
    7. Double click "Local drive C".
    8. Double click "Program files (x86).
    9. Double click "Arc".
    10. Scroll down to "ArcRepair" and double click it to run it.
    11. Scroll down to "ArcUpdate" and double click it to run it.
    12. Scroll up to "Arc" and double click it to run it.
    13. Sign in to Arc.
    14. Click play on the Star Trek Online button and it should come up, complete the patch , and be ready to play.

If the processes refused to close in step 3 above:

1. In the task manager click on the Start Up tab located near the top of the window.
    2. If Arc or Star Trek Online are here, right click on them and click the disable button at the bottom of the task manager window.
    3. Close the task manager and reboot your computer. (Far left lower corner, click on the window icon, click on the "power icon" [circle with a vertical slash], left click it and select restart). Rebooting will kill the Arc and Star Trek Online processes in the task manager and disabling them in the start menu will prevent them from loading into the task manager before you've completed the steps in repairing them.
    4. After your computer has finished rebooting go back to step 5 above and finish the repair process.
  • zzyybbzzyybb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    addsin15 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting this message when they are trying to patch? I can't get into the game.

I am, Any way to sort this
  • zzyybbzzyybb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    tried all that still not working
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Try to run the game with admin rights (right click --> Run as Administrator). If that doesn't work (it should, it fixed the issue for two people that had the problem before), try fnding a deleteme file inside STOs subfolders and delete it alongside with the cache, this should fix it.

5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.