test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The STO Gateway

feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
There is an option in the game whether you wish to allow others to view your character on the Gateway. I'd like to know how this is possible. When I login to it, I cannot see any way of looking at anyone's characters but my own.
Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
* With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.

Best Answer

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Gateway could use a lot indeed, most notably doffing, admirality and R&D. Search as well.

Guess you'll just have to memorize their names for the time being, look them up in your fleet/armada's offline roster, or simply printscreen everytime he/she is online.

Answers

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Just copy the url for the page of the character you want to show people.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    Just copy the url for the page of the character you want to show people.
    Thanks, but specifically, I wanted to know how to look at other's characters. I guess the URL could be edited with another "#char(ToonName@AccountName)/", but you'd have to know exactly the toon's name. If someone isn't logged into the game, it doesn't show that in your friend's list.

It would be nice to have a search facility in the Gateway.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Thanks.

The Gateway is a great idea that could be so much better.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I have a stupid question hearing others talk about the gateway. What is the Gateway?
  • jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I have a stupid question hearing others talk about the gateway. What is the Gateway?

It's pretty much just a basic web app to log in and view your stuff:

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/

It's nice, but could use a lot of work and osmetimes feels a bit... forgotten :/
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Deleted (question answered in post above mine)
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    All this time and i never knew about this...... :(
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself so no big deal
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    (...)
    It's nice, but could use a lot of work and osmetimes feels a bit... forgotten :/

I'm afraid it is. Salamiinferno (the executive producer) said there are no plans to add functionality to the gateway (I think in the last few interviews that came up).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    What little functionality there is on the gateway, the ability to view your things and someone else's things, was essentially broken with the change to Dynamic Items and the Boff Skill Training System.

Now the information displayed is just gibberish.

What's especially sad is that pre PWE days we could view our characters via the games webpage, change the bios and forum PMs and in-game mail system were linked allowing you to send and receive messages surpassing the game enviroment. Awesome functionality that was trashed the minute PWE took over in favor of their faulty, glitchy corporate identidy low budget forums and webpages.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • griftimusgriftimus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I realize this is post is an older one, but does anyone know of a way to look at the overall Armada via gateway? I don't have a toon in all 13 fleets in our Armada but it would be nice to be able to call out for support on projects via Trillian when I'm not home
    griftimus wrote: »
    I realize this is post is an older one, but does anyone know of a way to look at the overall Armada via gateway? I don't have a toon in all 13 fleets in our Armada but it would be nice to be able to call out for support on projects via Trillian when I'm not home

I'm not entirely sure but I think Armadas aren't supported by the gateway. They stopped developing it a long time ago, way before we got armadas. So the gateway might not even recognise them.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif