test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add alternative items to the old rep sets

cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
A lot of the newer sets will give you the option to have a cannon or beam version of the set weapon, I notice that isn't the case on older sets. Could someone add beam or cannon options for the old sets? A general overhaul would be nice too.

Comments

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    This is a great idea. Also, the Borg Shield offers only an awkward 15% reduction to plasma weapons. That should be 20% now.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    cbob312 wrote: »
    A lot of the newer sets will give you the option to have a cannon or beam version of the set weapon, I notice that isn't the case on older sets. Could someone add beam or cannon options for the old sets? A general overhaul would be nice too.

I got to agree with you i think the reputations couold use a overhaul, maybe release mini-episodes that furthr thier own story-lines an activities even. Though issue atleast with the romulan reputation is the three piece set-bonus enables a beam-overlaod like attack for the experimental romulan beam array, which deals a high damage/dot attack to a target as such what kind of varient of this wouold you have the three set give to a cannon varient of it? Now though you could also rework the romulan reputation experimental beam array to work much like the dyson's own experimental proton beam weapon, in that it would gain access to both cannon an beam based attacks as you use more of the set an would be a good middle ground really that would need less dev time to impliment. If you also made it either that it would talor it's attack appearnce based on if you were using a more cannon or beam based set up, or you could toggle between a beam or cannon firing style it would be a great feature of the weapon.

I would also like to see them place R&D type items that you could use in the crafting system to make reputation-based weapon that gain the look an reputation's mod they use, though issue with this is that it might make buying the rep weapons via dil less desired or even used. So i could see adding into each reputation either a omni-directional array of that rep's type, or merely a crafting item to turn a crafted omni-directional array into that rep's type as long as the energy damage type matches, so no romulan disruptor omni-arrays.

Then there is also that so far two atleast of the reps allow you to get a reputation hanger-pet, like the romulan scorp or the Nukara's tholian pets. I think adding reputation centric hanger-pets that use the weapons an have a similar design style to the reputatuon would be nice as both a time-sink, and for those that fly hanger-using ships to match thier hanger-pets together with thier ship an own weapons. Hell i would not mind if each reputation had a extremely high an costly playable ship project, so that i would have more reason to farm normal/advanced marks than merely for dil conversion.
  • karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Nobody touch the romulan experimental plasma beam array. If it has to be improved in some way - try to change some of it's crtH mods. Making it like the proton weapon is terrible idea. Just add a dhc with modified cannon rapid fire power for the 3 piece set. This weapon is specialized in firing again single targets (beam overload kinda thing), so the cannon variant should be (rapid fire kinda thing).
    karr007 wrote: »
    Nobody touch the romulan experimental plasma beam array. If it has to be improved in some way - try to change some of it's crtH mods. Making it like the proton weapon is terrible idea. Just add a dhc with modified cannon rapid fire power for the 3 piece set. This weapon is specialized in firing again single targets (beam overload kinda thing), so the cannon variant should be (rapid fire kinda thing).

I agree that making a dual-heavy cannon varient would be the best possible option, since it would fit more into a cannon build. Not sure the idea of making the experimental romulan beam array like the dyson's proton weapon would be that much worse, since it is more that the proton damage of the dyson weapon is not directly buffed by a specific console but by hybrid consoles. If you made the romulan experimental array like the dyson in only that it gains access to both cannon an beam attack at the second two piece bonus, while also having it being somewhere between a dual-beam bank/dual heavy cannons an beam array/dual cannons in overall damage an rate of fire. Though also even just having it have a toggle that it can go from being a the normal beam array version on one toggle, and then turning it into either a a dual-cannon or dual heavy cannon version with the second toggled state would not be that bad at all.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Incidentally, since a lot of newer reps offer "basic" weapons in their stores, I wouldn't mind the Omega rep store offering a full range (beams, cannons, turrets) of purple Mk XII plasma-disruptors & plasma-phasers; so long as the phaser versions are still orange. :D

I know the Romulan rep weaponry is a hybrid of plasma and disruptor, but they look like plasma weapons, whereas I'd like the option for normal looking disruptor and phaser style beams and cannons.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Going to second the motion for a Romulan Experimental Dual Heavy Cannon as an alt to the Experimental Beam Array :p
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Well sheeit...then Protonic Polaron weapons and their coinciding TRIBBLE consoles need a buff too. They've needed one since they came out. There's a reason why pretty much no one uses them.
    T93uSC8.jpg
    Well sheeit...then Protonic Polaron weapons and their coinciding TRIBBLE consoles need a buff too. They've needed one since they came out. There's a reason why pretty much no one uses them.

I agree on of the few reasons the protonic weapons are not that liked is the fact that they get less of a buff to the primary energy type just to buff the damage of the secondary proc it has. Honestly i would have preferred they did the proton an protonic weapons in that it would give you a stacking buff on your target to increase their shield's bleed-thru or a shield pen, since a proc of proton damage is kinda weak with the minor amount of buffing it can get from.
    Going to second the motion for a Romulan Experimental Dual Heavy Cannon as an alt to the Experimental Beam Array :p

Well that like said would be good, or what about getting both a romulan experimental beam array (as normal) as well as a dual cannon version, but that they each can toggle between a dual beam bank/dual heavy cannon version, which might be easier to implement. An for the dual/dual heavy cannon version of the plasma hyper-flux it could work the same way with a increased single volley of shots on the target.