test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK players Dyson ground

chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
This question goes to Cryptic:

When will you do something against players, who just hanging around T-Rex zones (silos) in dyson ground, (sometimes more than half of players in 1 instance!) while other players doing their job? These players getting the same dil. for killing bosses, this is not fair!

Other players jumping from point to point, killing some voths, doing one or two generators and getting also full dil. and marks if others doing the full job.

eng_sig.jpg
Post edited by chromaty on

Comments

• Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Maybe timers in battle zones, dont move in two minutes, goodby.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    What I do not like, is how they kill the dino so fast that those who were capturing the last point often can't get to the dino in time.

A few days ago, I was capturing the last point in the city, next to the Omega silo. One other player would come, but when he saw I was capturing it, he ran back to the silo again. So I captured the point alone, it therefore took much longer than necessary, meaning that three other points were almost lost in the process, and when I got to the silo, there were literally half a dozen people standing there, about 50 meters from the point I had just captured.

Some people are just lazy and the worst thing is, they're being rewarded. Even more so than those who actually do something.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    My guess is they did it this way to keep it populated. Most people care more for space missions after all.

Things would be, I think, better if you only get a reward for the V-rexes if you captured a point less than two minutes before they appear. So if you capture a point and you go AFK for 2 minutes or longer, it won't count anymore.
    Perhaps some sort of scale could be designed. Capturing 5 points within an x amount of minutes gives the highest reward, and you need to capture at least one point in those last two minutes before the final phase starts. This would motivate people to work in teams and make sure that other points aren't lost, cause it would take a few minutes to recapture them and you could lose your reward in the meantime. Edit: preventing the loss of points should also count as 'capturing points'.

People need incentives to do something there, that much is obvious. Right now, however, they're being rewarded for not doing anything and wait at the right spot. It's the same with rewarding players with free ships if they didn't play for x months. I don't mind that some people get more dilithium or a free ship. I do mind, however, that free riding and not supporting or actively engaging in the game is being rewarded. It feels wrong.

@Tarran61
    I was thinking the same thing, but people would probably find some way to get around it. For example, just shooting a swarmer or make a few steps to avoid being removed. Without still contributing in any way. They're not really AFK after all, they're sitting behind their desk as they will often immediately start shooting the V-rex as soon as it appears.
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Firstly, I want to agree with the OP that hanging out at the silos while other people complete the battlezone is terribly inconsiderate.

However, I also want to point out that it is very beneficial for players in the battlezone to spread out. It doesn't really speed it up much if any at all for players to pile into one capture point while there are other capture points with no players in them. The more players are in a capture point, the more enemies spawn and the more quickly they spawn. When I come across a capture point being worked by another player, my strategy is to leave him be and find another capture point.

Overall, spreading out makes the battlezones go much more quickly and efficiently. This is true for both the Dyson ground battlezone as well as the two space battlezones.

So don't everyone pile into one control point. Spread out!
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is the result of Cryptics decision to make it much harder to get credit. If you clear a point far from the Dino spawn you may not get there in time to get credit even when you get there and the dino is at half health. So people camp at the spawn when the zone is almost cleared. It's wrong to blame them, for the result of the change. People didn't do this in the past because all you needed was a few shots in order to get credit so even if you were far away you didn't have to worry about getting credit.

Everything was much better before the change. It's a cause and effect issue.

Edited to clarify what happens and why.
    Post edited by x10110100 on
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Well, a few ideas of chages would be to add a 1-2min. timer, once enough locations have been captured, this timer will tick down and release the V-rex for each location.

Or, to try and prevent the still existing tagging, make it so that to recieve credit they need not only actually inflict X dmg, but must also remain in proximity to recieve full credit.

The main reason you see so many staying afk, is because getting from 1 V-rex to another is 1 of their goals, to get credit for more than 1, and they most likely have completed all of the dailies making it somewhat pointless to do anything else unless required.

Because taking over zones, are not very rewarding at all once your daily is done, and is only necessary to get the V-rexes to appear.

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    What, so one shot at the V Rex doesn't give you credit anymore? Is that why people are camping out? How many are camping out?
    There are always people camping out at the silo. From what I remember they aren't there the whole time you're capturing points, they show up just before the silos pop, I've been there early a few times myself.
    You know there's a channel for that right? Or at least there used to be. Just like in every battlezone.
    Although, all you have to do is head towards the silo just before the slider reaches 100%, like a pro.
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    This would tell you how much they care:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1181327/dyson-ground-boss-camping

That was about 10 months ago and there are more similar threads like that since the inception of Dyson ground. Welcome to STO.dino1-4.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Think they redesigned it a couple of times, but it still ends up with a bunch of AFK parasites farming the V-Rex for dil. Worst part is most are bots and should have been banned a long time ago, but as Cryptic are spineless it means they can just carry on leeching.​​
  • Options
    chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    ...there are more similar threads like that since the inception of Dyson ground. Welcome to STO.dino1-4.gif​​

This is so pitiful..
    eng_sig.jpg