test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

123457»

Comments

• ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Probably an incentive to incite some players to return to STO.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    One pic as requested. Did I miss a related post or announcement somewhere in the STO forums? Normally my search-fu is pretty good and I review the forums daily.
    I was just going through reclaimable ships for use in the Admiralty system and decided to check the promo tab in the C-Store and found an once per account claim "7 multidimensional transporters for use in the Mirror Event". It worked. Anybody know anything about this? Other fleeties reported they didn't have this option and I couldn't see any related news items at time of posting this.

Pics Or It Didn't Happen. Heaven knows I'd like for it to...

7mdt_free.jpg

TranspoNDERS? Sorry, sounds like a Paintshop...
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Only...ten...to go...
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Someone at Cryptic or PWI must love you. :smiley:

Well I'm hoping that for all the years & effort I've put into their game they at least like me ;)

The explanation for this reward is actually found in the first comment here link.

While I'd prefer they'd post the same info in their forums as they do for other media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit that's a topic for a different thread so I'll just say thanks, you did good for this group of users and...

I completed the Mirror Invasion over 170 times and retained (most) of my sanity! Do I get a free T-shirt?
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User

Well I'm hoping that for all the years & effort I've put into their game they at least like me ;)

The explanation for this reward is actually found in the first comment here link.

While I'd prefer they'd post the same info in their forums as they do for other media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit that's a topic for a different thread so I'll just say thanks, you did good for this group of users and...

I completed the Mirror Invasion over 170 times and retained (most) of my sanity! Do I get a free T-shirt?

You get a week's worth of dil on all your characters and enough Terran marks to level the rep on all of them. In terms of time investment, it was a real win, but exhausting to do on a daily basis.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

Only 170 Times?
    I had it done on 16 toons => 16x14=224 times... :p

But i'm happy that i'm finished with it - this time.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    PHOTOSHOP!!!!! That is all.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    PHOTOSHOP!!!!! That is all.

Did you read the link in my previous post? An explanation is found there. I originally posted because no explanation could be found here.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    Well interesting the only prize to use is that mirror rifle. I got that used it on the Evil Admiral Queen. Didn't have much of an effect as I had hope. New Iconion Staff Weapon at close range seem to be more effective with kit powers. Anyway this event is fun good way to test out ship weapons or ground weapons with kits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    i need to get a mac and the client on it. you know to see how sto is on mac.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • odoetalodoetal Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy any chance with all the issues with disconnects mac users being unable to log in & the new downtime planned for today litterally in 40 mins time (from this post) that you could ask for the mirror event to be extended for a few more days being as i & a few others owing to downtime & issues will not be able to complete the event otherwise owing to r/l commitments (&being as the event gear is not account wide its annoying as hell)
  • fahkrinfahkrin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Any chance of extending a couple of days? Everytime that you put the game out of commission for 2.5 hours, I can't get on that day!

On top of the problems with having to literally shutting the game down for at least 2.5 hours every week just for updates....
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    The seven transponder pack appearing above was part of the "Mac Pack" given to people who used the Mac Client hat broke when Season 11 launched. If they didn't log in that week (like I did on my Windows BootCamp), they got all the launch week giveaways and the 7-pack to compensate for not being able to play.
  • fahkrinfahkrin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just realized...you're updating on Thanksgiving? How am I going to deal with my family without STO? Beam me up Scottie...
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Is there going to be an extension? Due to the 'surprise' and unusually long maintenance today (I could not get online last night due to a power outage, and the maintenance lasts until I have to go to work today) I am now projected to be one MDT short at the posted end time (I currently need three; I had a plan to get them but it required getting one before work today).

You might have time,holodeck just unlocked.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Just got done with my last char completing this Event. Wanted the Dil, not the Rifle. Every time one of these comes around, I tell myself, "Not this time, nope." And here I was again, acting all n00bish and giddy at 4 AM in the morning.

Would someone please come over here the next time this Event comes around and smack me upside the head until I come to my senses and leave these damnable Events alone like a good Statrfleet officer ought to?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    what time does this end? It says at maint but I don't see anything that says there is going to be maint on Thursday.
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    what time does this end? It says at maint but I don't see anything that says there is going to be maint on Thursday.
    either 9 or 10am PST probably but don't quote me on that!

• captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The event ended at 6pm GMT? Which is just as I got home from work here in the UK, I needed one more transporter thingie to complete it :'(:D
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    The event ended at 6pm GMT? Which is just as I got home from work here in the UK, I needed one more transporter thingie to complete it :'(:D

Well I suppose you could wait another year or so until the next time it comes around and then just use the first run to get the old rewards and then start the following day with the new project that comes up.

I think it will still work. I have anniversary vouchers in my inventory from this year that seem to be compatible with the vouchers for the dyson ship that I never finished.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    It should work - i finished this year Cristaline Torpedo, and then started (and finished) that agro spike (forgot the actual name - sorry :p )
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User

Well I suppose you could wait another year or so until the next time it comes around and then just use the first run to get the old rewards and then start the following day with the new project that comes up.

I think it will still work. I have anniversary vouchers in my inventory from this year that seem to be compatible with the vouchers for the dyson ship that I never finished.

Just hope they don;t change it next year like they seem to be doing with the winter and summer events

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yeah it's my own fault for not even realising there was an event on :| But I can wait another year to get my Holo-Leetas their Agony Rifles, Wonder if it has a "tickle" setting? :p
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Welkl now we are stuck trying to find a way to make marks since the event ended, thanks to all the complainers and whiners and moanners who cant have anything nice without having something bad to say about it.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    One pic as requested. Did I miss a related post or announcement somewhere in the STO forums? Normally my search-fu is pretty good and I review the forums daily.
    I was just going through reclaimable ships for use in the Admiralty system and decided to check the promo tab in the C-Store and found an once per account claim "7 multidimensional transporters for use in the Mirror Event". It worked. Anybody know anything about this? Other fleeties reported they didn't have this option and I couldn't see any related news items at time of posting this.

Pics Or It Didn't Happen. Heaven knows I'd like for it to...
    Thanks, protoneous, for posting that up (and not getting too upset with the inevitable 'photoshop' claims) and clarifying the source. Glad Cryptic did a little something for our Mac using brethren that were locked out for awhile.

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax