test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Question: Are foundry missions connected?

zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
I'm wondering what other authors take on foundry missions are: Does each mission or (group of missions) actually occur, and are there for inter-related? For example: do you assume that a different authors missions are part of the players experiences? Or do they take place at separate timelines?
Why do I still play and put money into STO?
The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
Post edited by zionus0 on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    My stuff is all inter-related. At the moment that's plainly evident from recurring characters but when I move onto something else there will be some implied continuity. I'm also taking other author's foundry missions as canon as I possibly can. Next mission is going to involve direct character cameos from other authors and some of my peeps have and will be showing up in other author's foundry mission too. It's really cool to think of this as one great big expanding universe in the foundry.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    All of my missions so far are interrelated with one another, as is the next one I have planned, though I do have a few in the pipeline that don't figure into that continuity. I also explicitly tie them all into the Cryptic storyline with a note at the start of each mission saying where it fits into the storyline.

Ghosts of War is a 6-part Fed series and still the centerpiece of my Foundry work. Valley of the Shadow is a Romulan Republic trilogy but also a prequel to Ghosts of War. My two Iconian War Anthology missions, "Ghost's Gambit" and "Trouble In Paradise", are loose follow-ups to Ghosts of War but not outright sequels. My next mission, "Mirrorball", will take place after the war but will complete the follow-up trilogy.

As for involving other authors, I do occasionally put out casting calls for other authors to add their NPCs and ships as extras, though I have yet to reuse any other authors' maps or reference their missions in dialogue.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    I haven't tied missions together yet, but if I get around to doing a Romulan ale bootlegging mission or a proper sequel to A time to search then the crew of the zest while V will return.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ...It's really cool to think of this as one great big expanding universe in the foundry.

It would be really cool if it gets to the point where we basically have our own Marvel Cinimatic Universe thing going on. :smile: Maybe it already has gotten to that point?
    Post edited by starfarertheta on