test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cant do the mirror event pve any more

kingloading1kingloading1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
since a few days, it has been impossible to play the mirror event pve. each time i queue and it starts loading, the loading stops at 40-45% and i have to do ctrl+alt+del to unlock my pc. when i relog, a minute later, and get in the pve, i get removed as soon as i join it. this way, its impossible for me to finish this event and will not be getting the rewards( the special weapon, the 50,000 dillithium ore etc) i have sent a bug report a week ago? will i get an answer when the event is over and does this mean i am not allowed to get the rewards. ,i crashed over 10 times a day, trying to do the mirror event pve, so i did a lot of effort and lost many hours, on all 4 of my toons. i only ask for help for what is my right, no more, but no less either. untill now i have sent over 20 tickets/bug reports and only 5 have been answered, and the answer is always : sorry, we can't help you. meaning: we don't want to help you. in my account, one can see the number of tickets you have sent. in my case i see 5; all other tickets being deleted by the devs. Trendy, help ;me, i don't know what to do any more, i never get any help!!! because of this bug and the unwill to help, i wont be able to finish this mirror event and wont be getting the rewards. its not my fault this bug wont let me play the mission.

hoping to get en answer , this time, i beg you to help me, Trendy, you are my last hope. :(((

Comments

• Options
    jamboxdotcomjamboxdotcom Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Dude, while my heart goes out to you, this isn't a game bug, it's a "your system" bug. No one else is having this problem. Yes, it sucks, and I can sympathize (I've been there before on other games), but this isn't something they can fix from their end. Either you need to run a file check on your game client to make sure it's not corrupted, or you need to dink around with settings on the game and/or your system until you hit on the magical combination that lets it start functioning again.
  • Options
    when i login in i always use the safe mode login. if it was something from my side, than other missions would not work either, its only the mirror event that doesnt work
  • Options
    edited November 2015

plus i use ccleaner and advanced system care 8, several times a week, to keep my harddrive clean
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Never heard of such a bug. What config do you have?
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    i am belgian too, i speak french, dutch, english, german and a bit of spanish.

this is my pc's config:Intell(R) Core (TM) i7 - 3773 CPU @ 3,4 GHz 3,40GHz/ ram memory 8,00 Gb 64 bits, DDR 3/windows 7. NVIDEA GeForce 620 GT 620/harddrive 1TB memory
  • Options
    i am belgian too, i speak french, dutch, english, german and a bit of spanish.

this is my pc's config:Intell(R) Core (TM) i7 - 3773 CPU @ 3,4 GHz 3,40GHz/ ram memory 8,00 Gb 64 bits, DDR 3/windows 7. NVIDEA GeForce 620 GT 620/harddrive 1TB memory
    (ik woon in Brussel en 2 jaar geleden heeft de stad Brussel in heel de stad highspeed kabels geplaatstn dus het light niet aan slechte kabels)

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Dude, while my heart goes out to you, this isn't a game bug, it's a "your system" bug. No one else is having this problem. Yes, it sucks, and I can sympathize (I've been there before on other games), but this isn't something they can fix from their end. Either you need to run a file check on your game client to make sure it's not corrupted, or you need to dink around with settings on the game and/or your system until you hit on the magical combination that lets it start functioning again.

Actually quite a few people have been complaining about this bug including myself, just look for threads about freezing and stalling on map transfers. Maybe it is a specific range of specs which experience the bug but it is common place. Sure a few have found workarounds such as reduced file streaming and seting affinities but the fact is it is only STO which experiences these issues suggesting it is a coding feature and not a PC issue.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I see only one reason : at 40-45% the loading processus is checking files and is patching them if necessary. When that happen, you can see on top left the patching processus. Sometimes it can take more than 1m to complet. So if you have that processus showing up, just let it finish, even when it is patching at 0kbit/s.
    If you don't have that processus, you may have altered the files the first time you forced the game to close. ANd then I see no solution than the file check or re downloading the game.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    This is most definitely NOT a minor issue affecting just one person, it's wide spread and many people have been complaining about it. It just took me 5 tries to get into a mirror invasion. Until the 5th try it would lock up on 40% and I'd have to crt/alt/del to restart the game then it'd warp me out as soon as I got logged in. I got around it by changing my display settings from maximized to fullscreen. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with file patching since I saw no patching going on, the game just literally stopped working. But I'm also not a game developer. ;-)
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Seeing quite a few mirror invasions with a player missing.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Missing players has been an issue. I have also had issues where I sit at the loading screen. When I finally join in the mission is mostly done. My favorite is when there is 6-7 players in a 5 player mission. Not sure whats going on but it is random. :)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    I'm having same pros, I shut down and go play Fallout 4..

no lag/banding..

or Battlefront... as above.

simples