test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bought $10 groupee T6 bundle while they were processing my payment it sold out...will I still get?

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @lordbrowarus : From the support chat on Groupee's (Shifty Slug is one of their Devs...):

mike 06:09
    ok i see the bundles in my list and the t6 pack but i cant see the key for the t6 pack

see it for the other ships just not for the t6 pack

Shifty Slug 06:10
    if you bought it before they where sold out, you will see your T6 key appear in a bit

... So, we're still in a holding pattern, I'd imagine they are getting more keys from Cryptic. Hopefully Cryptic doesn't leave Groupee's, Chase Masterson's charity, and us players hanging.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Yep i had the same problem as miirik and several other people i know on the east coast.. Get home from work damn thing was already sold out. I imagine a lot of people in the US had this issue in central and pacific as well
    Ironically, I was out and about most of yesterday, but I saw the offer in time because I went into work to check on something else.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    All my keys arrived, including two I did not order, LOL. So now I get to gift the NX (got it on last giveaway) and Delta Flyer (bought it a year ago) to guildmates who are lacking. But I got the T6 ships and the Goddess, errr I mean Leeta.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I got everything I ordered, including the T6 bundle this morning. I'm annoyed with myself for not picking up everything, to gift the ships I have already to fleetmates. I know several people who donated primarily to get holo-Leeta, so that was a smart move on Cryptic's part.
    Last I checked, you can still get the "dollar ships"...
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    @lordbrowarus : From the support chat on Groupee's (Shifty Slug is one of their Devs...):

ok i see the bundles in my list and the t6 pack but i cant see the key for the t6 pack

see it for the other ships just not for the t6 pack

Shifty Slug 06:10
    if you bought it before they where sold out, you will see your T6 key appear in a bit

... So, we're still in a holding pattern, I'd imagine they are getting more keys from Cryptic. Hopefully Cryptic doesn't leave Groupee's, Chase Masterson's charity, and us players hanging.

yep.... I bought it right when I saw it, there was still 2200 to give away, so I still have hope.

But Leeta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a charity officer on Guramba now
    :)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    szim wrote: »
    You're actually asking for a refund of $10 from a charity organization? Seriously... I hope you're just kidding.

In theory the person could get a refund and then donate directly to the charity instead. Had I been in that situation and the middleman caused me a problem, I might have done that. I think that would be a sensible response especially if I was serious about the cause.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Just got my codes and also got the mirror bundle. :) Hope it worked out for all the others who had the same problems.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    So much hate for a charity drive. I didn't panic, I waited and got the T6 pack, as well as 2 mirror Leetas and unlocked the ships I didn't have. Now I'm going to donate the second mirror Leeta and a couple of ship codes to somebody in game. So I get to give twice.

deriding people for complaining about this offer because it is a "charity drive", stop and think - let me pose this to you, there is a charity banquet on the internet that is charging $50,000 per plate, do you think people would be happy if they turned up and the meal was inedible and perhaps say "oh well we should not make a fuss after all it is for charity".

at the end of the day the items on offer were being sold what the seller does with the funds from that sale is inconsequential, if they are selling items for a charity drive there should still be a certain level of service on the speed at which your transaction is made and the delivery of the items you purchased this is never truer then when some of the items on sale are limited in number.

just imagine in a charity auction someone bought a rare painting from well known artist for $1,000,000 do you think if they was to find out later it was a forgery they would say "never mind it is for charity".

I am just wondering as some are so generous with their attitude if they may have been just as generous with their money and donated much more then the $10 it took to buy the T6 bundle, after all it is for charity.

Charity banquets like that are a physical "I am rich" app and a tax write off. Inedible food would probably be considered avant-garde deconstructionist commentary on the plight the charity supports.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    So much hate for a charity drive. I didn't panic, I waited and got the T6 pack, as well as 2 mirror Leetas and unlocked the ships I didn't have. Now I'm going to donate the second mirror Leeta and a couple of ship codes to somebody in game. So I get to give twice.

deriding people for complaining about this offer because it is a "charity drive", stop and think - let me pose this to you, there is a charity banquet on the internet that is charging $50,000 per plate, do you think people would be happy if they turned up and the meal was inedible and perhaps say "oh well we should not make a fuss after all it is for charity".

at the end of the day the items on offer were being sold what the seller does with the funds from that sale is inconsequential, if they are selling items for a charity drive there should still be a certain level of service on the speed at which your transaction is made and the delivery of the items you purchased this is never truer then when some of the items on sale are limited in number.

just imagine in a charity auction someone bought a rare painting from well known artist for $1,000,000 do you think if they was to find out later it was a forgery they would say "never mind it is for charity".

I am just wondering as some are so generous with their attitude if they may have been just as generous with their money and donated much more then the $10 it took to buy the T6 bundle, after all it is for charity.

Charity banquets like that are a physical "I am rich" app and a tax write off. Inedible food would probably be considered avant-garde deconstructionist commentary on the plight the charity supports.

I was expecting a strong response to my comment and I was expecting said response to make very little sense, still you were half way there with this comment.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• rhinojonrhinojon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I wound up just spending $3 after they repeatedly failed to process my purchase of the T6 bundle (their own FAQ didn't help)... and I started trying when there were over 2000 left. Groupees blamed PayPal & PayPal blamed Groupees and ultimately by the end I just made a token purchase for Leeta.
    Will be very sceptical of any promotion run using Groupees again as I've never had an issue with PayPal and other online purchases.
    edited November 2015
    I saw a message posted here that someone quoted, where Groupees claimed "Paypal and Xsolla are bogged down." I'm sorry, but does Groupees not understand the magnitude of the server capacity and network bandwidth that major vendors like that have? One promotion at a small-time site is *not* going to come even close to crashing PayPal. The problem definitely had to be on their end. Hope Cryptic/PWE has raised some heck behind the scenes because I know if it were my company and a third party I was working with screwed something up and it had my branding on it, I'd be mightily ticked off. We'll probably never know about it if they do, but that's how I'd be looking at it if I were working for PWE.

Anyway, like I said before, nothing wrong with getting a refund and then giving the amount that Pop Culture Hero Coalition would've received through the promotion straight to them through their website instead of Groupees.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    To those that are shaming people "because it's just for charity" No. I bought something. It happened to go to a nice cause. I bought something, and I have a receipt. Groupee has confirmed that I bought it, and says that I will get my bundle "when more keys are released" So... devs, it's been 24 hours. I'm pretty sure a first semester programming student could have fixed this problem by now.

For your community to have invested tens of thousands of dollars and for you to not have made a single reply about this issue is pretty ridiculous. I don't care if my skirt has clipping issues.... post something official, and do it soon. That's your job.
  • vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hey if you want a T6 Code, I'll give you mine for a Recluse and some Cred :>
    [SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    elothox wrote: »
    To those that are shaming people "because it's just for charity" No. I bought something. It happened to go to a nice cause. I bought something, and I have a receipt. Groupee has confirmed that I bought it, and says that I will get my bundle "when more keys are released" So... devs, it's been 24 hours. I'm pretty sure a first semester programming student could have fixed this problem by now.

For your community to have invested tens of thousands of dollars and for you to not have made a single reply about this issue is pretty ridiculous. I don't care if my skirt has clipping issues.... post something official, and do it soon. That's your job.

They are not obliged to make any statement, just like you were not obliged to purchase the object. The issue is wit Groupee/Paypal, not Cryptic, so they really don't have to do or say anything.

They're not obliged to make a forum either, or a support ticket system, they're not obliged to release new content either. But they do, so your point is useless.

Back to a real discussion. My point is that it's a poor business decision to remain silent on something that just made them thousands of dollars. Yes, they would have made more money if they upped the cap. But they would make more if they'd get off their butt and comment on THEIR offer (that went through groupee). So yes, the fault might be groupee or card transaction time, but it's their offer, and our money.

EDIT: furthermore, they're at 48 thousand dollars right now. only 70% goes to charity per the website. So they've made 14 grand in the time it took them to decide on ships and write code for the promo. They could stand to make a lot more money if they told people why there were problems instead of doing nothing. People will be much less likely to donate if they expect a broken system that sells out while they're at work. Say something. Yes, they're not obliged to say something on this issue, but communicating about these issues in general IS THEIR JOB. So... do it.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    Yep i had the same problem as miirik and several other people i know on the east coast.. Get home from work damn thing was already sold out. I imagine a lot of people in the US had this issue in central and pacific as well

I'm on the East Coast, but lucky for me, I telecommute.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I'd purchased the bundle when it was still over 1500. Paypal process was standard and the bundle appeared and then disappeared as we were warned on the purchase page. I followed the instructions and didn't make multiple purchases. Next day, there was still nothing from Groupees or Paypal and now they're saying the thing probably didn't go through. Whatevs. Online international purchases are becoming such a bother, that I don't even get my hopes up anymore but it would've been nice to be informed by the site that something was wrong. Ah well. I'm sitting on a butt-ton of DilZen if the normal bundle becomes an important enough thing for me.
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Here is the bottom line: if you say you are going to give someone something in return for a payment of any kind, whether it is a donation or a payment, whatever the case the expectation is that BOTH ends fulfill their obligations.

Additionally, how many sites take payment and then you have to wait for it to be processed? Almost none. The ones that do will have a disclaimer that says "Processing may take some time". Further, if that payment is for a limited item, there should have been something very clearly stating that "Processing may take some time and if the item you are paying for runs out while we are processing your payment you will/will not get it". Seriously, how hard is that? That's all it would have taken. It's about setting expectations...period.

So you can all throw insults from your moral high horse but setting expectations no matter what it is for is NOT a ridiculous request.

As a side note, I got the T6 ships even though my payment was processed AFTER the ships ran out.
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    You're actually asking for a refund of $10 from a charity organization? Seriously... I hope you're just kidding.

I wonder how many people would have donated diddly squat to this and certainly so quickly if it had not been for the T6 ship bundle.
    its very easy to take the moral high ground when your sitting pretty but to some people $10 is a lot of money to spend without getting the thing you was wanting in return.

I donated, and did so well after the Tier 6 ships ran out. My main reason for doing so was for the Leeta Bridge Officer, which I got. So there.

For 50,000 US Dollars per plate they better well have hired Gordon James Ramsay to cook that banquet!!!! (Even his scrapped food counts as a delicacy).

The difference between the Banquet you are positing and the Charity by Miss Masterson is that she was only asking for $10.00 per person, where as you were suggesting that your hypothetical Charity was requiring a minimum donation of what I would normally expect to purchase an upper-end functional and physical CAR!!! There is a huge difference between the two.

At $10.00's you really should let it go... at $50,000's yeah... hell no.

And again, if you buy something for $1,000,000 dollars, even if it is in a charity auction, you are well within your rights to make sure it is authenticated as being what was advertised. This is why charity auctions that deal in stuff that are worth that kind of price generally hire independent appraisal companies to ensure that the items that are being sold are in fact GENUINE.
    Well, according to the official thread, Trendy is making some phone calls and looking into what happened.

Hopefully you guys get some resolution ASAP. If not, then like I said, another option is to make a direct contribution to Chase's charity instead of via this promotion if the cause is important to you.

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    So... devs, it's been 24 hours. I'm pretty sure a first semester programming student could have fixed this problem by now.

I am quite sure that she/he wouldn't, since even if it had to do with programing, things that happened cannot be undone this way and checking data of transactions has nothing to do with it.
    They're not obliged to make a forum either, or a support ticket system, they're not obliged to release new content either. But they do, so your point is useless.

Uhm, that makes no sense whatsoever. Because they are doing some things they are not obliged to that means they have to do other things, too? Great, since they are not obliged to give me a back rub right now.
    only 70% goes to charity per the website. So they've made 14 grand

You may be right on this one but I was looking for some statement about where the other 30% go (70% isn't that great a number here, so I was curious) and didn't find anything. Is there a cite about where it went?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    edited November 2015

I wonder how many people would have donated diddly squat to this and certainly so quickly if it had not been for the T6 ship bundle.
    its very easy to take the moral high ground when your sitting pretty but to some people $10 is a lot of money to spend without getting the thing you was wanting in return.

I donated, and did so well after the Tier 6 ships ran out. My main reason for doing so was for the Leeta Bridge Officer, which I got. So there.

For 50,000 US Dollars per plate they better well have hired Gordon James Ramsay to cook that banquet!!!! (Even his scrapped food counts as a delicacy).

The difference between the Banquet you are positing and the Charity by Miss Masterson is that she was only asking for $10.00 per person, where as you were suggesting that your hypothetical Charity was requiring a minimum donation of what I would normally expect to purchase an upper-end functional and physical CAR!!! There is a huge difference between the two.

And again, if you buy something for $1,000,000 dollars, even if it is in a charity auction, you are well within your rights to make sure it is authenticated as being what was advertised. This is why charity auctions that deal in stuff that are worth that kind of price generally hire independent appraisal companies to ensure that the items that are being sold are in fact GENUINE.

there is no difference between $10 and $50,000 when it comes to expecting a certain level of service, to the people who can afford it $50,000 is like loose change, where as to other people $10 could be the difference between having a good meal or going hungry or sleeping with a roof over your head or on a park bench.

the whole point is this was not a charitable donation, it was a sale where the proceeds go to charity and that is a totally different thing no matter what value the sale was for.

$10 or $100 , $50,000 or a million it makes no difference.

and so you say "I donated, and did so well after the Tier 6 ships ran out. My main reason for doing so was for the Leeta Bridge Officer, which I got. So there." but you omit to say how much, was it more then the $10 you needed to get the T6 set when it was available or was it the $1 minimum you needed to get the Leeta Bridge Officer after the T6 sold out.
    I was implying that as certain posters seemed to be obsessed with this being a charity if any donated much more then $10 and would you have donated at all if it wasn't for the game item or items.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

• helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2015

there is no difference between $10 and $50,000 when it comes to expecting a certain level of service, to the people who can afford it $50,000 is like loose change, where as to other people $10 could be the difference between having a good meal or going hungry or sleeping with a roof over your head or on a park bench.

the whole point is this was not a charitable donation, it was a sale where the proceeds go to charity and that is a totally different thing no matter what value the sale was for.

and so you say "I donated, and did so well after the Tier 6 ships ran out. My main reason for doing so was for the Leeta Bridge Officer, which I got. So there." but you omit to say how much, was it more then the $10 you needed to get the T6 set when it was available or was it the $1 minimum you needed to get the Leeta Bridge Officer after the T6 sold out.
    I was implying that as certain posters seemed to be obsessed with this being a charity if any donated much more then $10 and would you have donated at all if it wasn't for the game item or items.

paying the same price as a freaking Luxury Car all in one fell swoop for a single meal that won't last you more than a single day is in no way reasonable.... not by any measure of the word.

The only way that such a price could even REMOTELY be considered reasonable is if the menu included things like Almas Caviar, or Yubari King Melons, but even that might be stretching limits. Especially sincc those two items defy the very definition of it being a charity as they each individually cost in excess of 20000 dollars just to get ones hands on them.

Also... where on earth did you get the idea that this was a sale? This was no different than a PBS Donation Drive as seen on TV in America every business quarter. It was a Donation Drive run by a Charitable Organization with gifts for the donors provided by a beneficiary company. This was in no way a sale.

I donated 2 dollars as I wanted two ships. I also only had 5 dollars total that I could have spent at the time, so even if I had made it in time to get the Tier 6 ships I would have been incapable of donating the requisite amount... since you asked about my personal financial situation. Thank you very much for that.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Due to work I missed out on the T6 sale. :(

However when I tried to get a 1$ bit to get the Leeta Doff, I encountered some errors that made me suspicious of the shoddy/ gold spammer like site:

Misspelled words in bad syntax.

An offer to buy it without registering countered by a "You should need register this email" statement when trying to do so.

I'm all for the charity, but this caretaker site is sleazy.
    edited November 2015

paying the same price as a freaking Luxury Car all in one fell swoop for a single meal that won't last you more than a single day is in no way reasonable.... not by any measure of the word.

who said anything about it being reasonable but there you go that's what some people are happy to pay for a fundraising meal.
    The only way that such a price could even REMOTELY be considered reasonable is if the menu included things like Almas Caviar, or Yubari King Melons, but even that might be stretching limits. Especially sincc those two items defy the very definition of it being a charity as they each individually cost in excess of 20000 dollars just to get ones hands on them.

Also... where on earth did you get the idea that this was a sale? This was no different than a PBS Donation Drive as seen on TV in America every business quarter. It was a Donation Drive run by a Charitable Organization with gifts for the donors provided by a beneficiary company. This was in no way a sale.

I donated 2 dollars as I wanted two ships. I also only had 5 dollars total that I could have spent at the time, so even if I had made it in time to get the Tier 6 ships I would have been incapable of donating the requisite amount... since you asked about my personal financial situation. Thank you very much for that.

as this was a charity I wonder how much would have been raised and in so short a time if it wasn't for the game items that were on offer.
    i think most people would not care what they did with the money after they paid it, all they care about is the items they bought.

don't come that "its for charity" rubbish with me, they would not have gave one penny if it wasn't for the game items.

it was a sale. end of story.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

• gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So many people are shaming the op because they want to take back a "donation". The op made a purchase for a product in which a percentage of the money they paid goes to charity. It would be a donation if they directly donated to the charity, but they were buying a product. They paid for a product, and if they don't receive it. They are entitled to a refund or compensation.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Just want to say, I had a delay and then a 'disappearance' of my purchase (email/PayPal sign in). However I had captured screens of each step to be on the safe side. Once I noticed the problem, I opened a ticket and sent my logs.

Customer service was polite and helpful. They took some time to address each reply (like an hour each) but presumably that is because they were swamped, and at any rate was not overly slow. It took almost a day in total but the issue was resolved properly.

I found no spelling errors or issues with the site, it all worked fine. Only the purchase confirmation step messed up because either Groupees or PayPal was swamped at the time, not sure which.

Even though there was a glitch during the rush time, I think both Groupees and STO took the necessary steps to provide proper solutions to the issue. At least in my case.
    gabeoz1 wrote: »
    So many people are shaming the op because they want to take back a "donation". The op made a purchase for a product in which a percentage of the money they paid goes to charity. It would be a donation if they directly donated to the charity, but they were buying a product. They paid for a product, and if they don't receive it. They are entitled to a refund or compensation.

And on top of that, there is nothing stopping someone from getting a refund on the promo and then taking the money and donating it direct through Chase's website. We don't know that someone who says they're getting a refund doesn't plan to do that, and it is not our business to know.

• metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    BTW They just had another sale of this bundle and it is Sold Out again.Sorry if you missed it, again.