test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great to see the Community Engage Against Cyber Bullying

Really cool to see the community send a big chunk of change to that charity, good to see the response!

Donated and couldn't be happier, got some neat stuff, and money to a good cause!
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    there are government and volunteer groups dedicated to tracking down and prosecuting offenders of cyber bullying especially when it involves a young person being harmed by such things. There really needs to be a reddit post listing known bully's on here and their @account names so everyone can be informed and can gather together to get that person removed from the forums and the game!
  • Options
    here is a good place to start stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/index.html
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Agreed. Really think it's great that this organization was able to raise more than 30k to support programs that fight racism, sexism, and cyberbullying. A little bummed about some of the responses I've seen here, but overall the message is positive, the community reception has been positive, and, as far as I'm concerned, this is a definite step in the right direction.

Agreed 100%. Some of the responses were downright nasty but the I want it now crowd came out in droves for this one.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    Agreed 100%. Some of the responses were downright nasty but the I want it now crowd came out in droves for this one.

I don't know what you are talking about bro but your sig picture is awesome!
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Just make sure your character can actually USE the items you're donating for. In my haste, I ended up donating for Klingon and Romulan ships I can't use, not even as an admiralty card.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    Be very careful going down this road, people. EXTREMELY CAREFUL. You may not think it will happen but some people consider just disagreeing with them to be cyber bullying, and they will cry wolf about it because they truly believe it. I don't like these measures, i'm part of the "grow a thicker skin" crowd.

What did your parents always teach you? Unless you're a millennial, you were told to ignore the jerks
  • Options
    and this thread sure went off the beaten path..
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Sorry miirik, millenials were told that too. I am one and was told to ignore them. Granted I am on the older end of that generation (I remember a time before home computers were a common thing), however don't group all of us into this hyper sensitive culture. It'd be comparable to calling everyone in the generation that fought in WW2 a racist because segregation.

Not offended, just correcting an inaccuracy.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    miirik wrote: »
    Be very careful going down this road, people. EXTREMELY CAREFUL. You may not think it will happen but some people consider just disagreeing with them to be cyber bullying, and they will cry wolf about it because they truly believe it. I don't like these measures, i'm part of the "grow a thicker skin" crowd.

What did your parents always teach you? Unless you're a millennial, you were told to ignore the jerks

I don't know if you saw it, but I addressed that point in another thread. Factual debate (devoid of ad hominems) and healthy competition isn't bullying. But the confusion a few people have doesn't stop bullying from being real and serious. Let's be clear too--sometimes ignoring (advice I got too) doesn't work, and when it doesn't, the last thing we want is to blame the victim or punish *them* for speaking up instead of addressing the perpetrator.

As a side note, I actually think kids would benefit from taking debate and rhetoric classes (bit of a classical education there) to teach how to dispassionately debate on fact and to recognize the difference between proper, intellectual debate and a mudslinging fest, not to mention that it would help teach a way of expressing oneself that is both assertive and civil.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.