Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Her voice is HOT and she is HOT !! B)
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The voice? No. But the constant "This is admiral Leeta of the I.S.S. Enterprise" happens too often in the battlezone. Any word on a fix? :/
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    "Kurland here"

"Kurland here. Are you alright? Are you okay?"
    XzRTofz.gif
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Her V.O. work was recorded too hot to where it distorts at points. This is AMATEUR work. Also, her "THIS. WILL. ALL. BE. MINE!!!"-stuff is hamfisted and too long. All her stuff for the STFs needs to be reduced. Full stop.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    Somewhat annoying but not half as bad as sela....damn we need a "Shut up Sela" button!!!!

Ugh. My point exactly.

And, no, Kurland isn't a rejoinder to this argument: how many people said his voice sounded like a nagging husband who you just can't escape?
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Her voice doesn't bother me, the fact that she acts as a horrible Disney villain or worse yet every early Bond villain when she is defeated is bothersome, assault on terok nor comes to mind, her super long winded speech about something I cant even recall no matter how many times I did the mission for marks as she is burning alive in the cutscene, that is bothersome, and her introduction every couple seconds in the badlands linked with her defeat by the time she is done talking....
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    Her voice doesn't bother me, the fact that she acts as a horrible Disney villain or worse yet every early Bond villain when she is defeated is bothersome, assault on terok nor comes to mind, her super long winded speech about something I cant even recall no matter how many times I did the mission for marks as she is burning alive in the cutscene, that is bothersome, and her introduction every couple seconds in the badlands linked with her defeat by the time she is done talking....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1j7lyRnxVE

:p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    OMG...she is so annoying all right. Can we swap her with 7 of 9 voice instead?. Her voice is more feminine and rather soothing than the nagging tone of Leeta. I know its mirror universe but not even Nana Visitor sounded that bad as a mirror empress.​​
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    strange poll seems to think only males exist on the forums.
  • xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Misogynistic tone of the first post aside.
    Hell no! It's Chase Masterson, I'd listen to her read the phone directory.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    alex284 wrote: »
    I've been of the opinion (and I've generally kept it to myself because I wasn't sure) that some/a lot of the complaining about the epohh lady and the female dance instructor was rooted in misogyny. One would think that the male dance instructor was reading Shakespeare considering how many comments are about how the female dance instructor is stupid, or that the Ferengi who goes on about how Q is the greatest in a really annoying voice were in fact a much beloved character, considering how little invective is sent his way compared to the Epohh lady. Cryptic even had to turn down the rate of comments from the Epohh Lady but never had any pressure to do that to the male ferengi!

But, yeah, I guess I just thought that 2 examples didn't make a theory, but the OP's post sheds some light on the complainers.

So, no, she's not annoying. She did a great job. It's true that her comments are coming too frequently and in the form of a cut scene (ugh), but that has nothing to do with her voice.

Some people, every time a woman talks they think of a way to tell her to shut up, grumble grumble....

Now wait one second. The female dance instructor was awful.
    I HAD to turn off my volume for that, because it made me feel like I was playing "dance, dance revolution" or something.
    I was literally embarrassed. And didn't want anyone around me hearing/knowing what I was doing.
    Has nothing to do with misogyny. Her voice was shrill, and over enthusiastic, and I think made extra annoying to troll the players who were doing it.

Just my opinion. (you may think she was the best thing since sliced bread, but that's your opinion, I don't judge you for liking it or disliking it)
    Calling people misogynists because they dislike certain voice acting is not cool.
    Please continue to keep your judgmental views to yourself if you're going to broad stroke everyone with it.

I resent being called a misogynist. Thank you very much.
    :angry:
    Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2015
    And now as BOFF...Oh boy and I wanted to throw Tovan Khev out to outer space. I guess I can always use this BOFF to feed the dinos at the voth ground zone....the agony...the agony monkey-42.gifmonkey-6.gifmonkey-5.gif​​
  • nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    no comment...
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    If this is not a biased poll, I don't know what is! According to this poll, you either think it is annoying or "other".

I personally found it refreshing. There was some emotion behind it, unlike with so many of the other voice overs. The first time I hear her in the Badlands it gave me chills. You know she loved the lines she was given to voice over by the fact that she actually tried. Much unlike harry Kim's voice over which was bland and had virtually no emotion to it at all. I didn't see you all complain about that though. Perhaps you all just like boring things? That is the most likely answer though, isn't it? You all just like boring things, so sad.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    The cutscenes that pop up and interrupt your current tasks are annoying.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »

Well, technically speaking, guys aren't the only ones who can have wives/girlfriends. But your point stands.
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Needs more ham. I don't get the sense she's having any fun at all. She seriously thinks she's a threat and intimidating...
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    yukonsam wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »

Well, technically speaking, guys aren't the only ones who can have wives/girlfriends. But your point stands.

yes technically, but I highly doubt lesbians were on the OP's mind when he wrote this.
  • kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Every time we get some new voice acting people start moaning about hoy irritating it is. I love it, all of it. People speaking really builds immersion in the game world.

I am enthusiastic about the return of the winter Epoh lady too...

I played this game long before they added voice, and it was much more dull...
    And now as BOFF...Oh boy and I wanted to throw Tovan Khev out to outer space. I guess I can always use this BOFF to feed the dinos at the voth ground zone....the agony...the agony monkey-42.gifmonkey-6.gifmonkey-5.gif​​
    It's almost like an inside out agony booth you say? Hmm... cunning plan or coincidence?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    58605105.jpg​​
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Cryptic, please tell Chase Masterson to lay off the ham and cheese and just say her lines like a normal person. To give you an idea, as Cryptic villains go I very much prefer the soft-spoken monster Gaul to that scenery-chewing freak Hakeev.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    BTW, the Leeta boff is GOLD quality :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Gold? Where are my keys??? Darn you, Groupee...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • I picked other because I do not complain about my RL female counterpart on video game forum websites like some ninny's
  • yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Once is enough. I don't need anymore yelling. Inside voices please. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle