test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [November 12th, 2015]

Comments

• duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Wie dit leest is gek en kan nederlands of google:p
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    We're tentatively extending our maintenance window to 10:30, to address a potential map issue. We'll keep you updated.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Thanks for the update.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User

Sadly enough, there a great deal of Dutch speaking people on this game

• mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Sooo, what time is that in utc terms? It's 17:32 now, does that mean it's gonna be down for 5 hours or until 10:30 tomorrow morning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    We're tentatively extending our maintenance window to 10:30, to address a potential map issue. We'll keep you updated.

Glad they're fixing the issue before it goes into Holodeck.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    •The Vault: Resolved an issue which was causing the USS Lhasa to never arrive.

We'll see.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thnx for TRIBBLE up European primetime, like every week.
    Heres an idea: Time your maintainance ina way thats not interfering with the highest population-density area. -.-
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 11/12 at 7AM PDT for 2 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

My question is. It takes long time. It's about 3 hours now!!!
    Qapla'!
    xariama wrote: »
    •The Vault: Resolved an issue which was causing the USS Lhasa to never arrive.

We'll see.
    Haha! I GET IT!
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    For one time i'd like to see a reasonable and plausible explanation of how a prepared, checked and quality tested patch on your internal server turns into an ant farm when you release it to the Holodeck almost every time there's a maintenance. Unless it's none of the above -.-

I'd like that too, though I don't think we'll get it. I've been asking this question for ages and it's almost as though they have selective blindness when it comes to criticism and/or questioning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.

lol :D
    Nou serious. Als eerst zeggen ze dat het tot half 6 en nu duurt dat tot half 11. Dan lig ik al lang in bed omdat ik morgen weer moet werken :s
    Qapla'!
  • adamb1982adamb1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When they say 10:30 i believe they mean PST not UTC. so it will be 18:30 UTC i hope
    For one time i'd like to see a reasonable and plausible explanation of how a prepared, checked and quality tested patch on your internal server turns into an ant farm when you release it to the Holodeck almost every time there's a maintenance. Unless it's none of the above -.-
    There's a live environment (Holodeck), a partial test environment (Tribble), then there are other environments that we work with. Each one works differently (hence their necessity in existence). That being said, applying a Holodeck patch may have some instances that see pop up that are unique to Holodeck and wouldn't be found on the others. Hence the extended maintenance.
    I'd like that too, though I don't think we'll get it. I've been asking this question for ages and it's almost as though they have selective blindness when it comes to criticism and/or questioning.
    ..wah?
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User

For one I'd like to see a reasonable and plausible explanation of how people can think they know how something works but clearly doesn't. Have you ever worked on any large production of any kind? Stuff happens...

We haven't had an extended maintenance in months...
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    10:30? When is this? That time does not give me any clue when this will be done. I really wish you would at least a link to a time converter so you can check when this is in your local time. Previous moderator did this and it was very useful.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    10:30? When is this? That time does not give me any clue when this will be done. I really wish you would at least a link to a time converter so you can check when this is in your local time. Previous moderator did this and it was very useful.

35 mins from your post is 10:30 PST.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    ..wah?

He doesn't mean you, sugarbear...

• vaine87vaine87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Are the issues with Liberated Borg and Talaxian playable species still being worked on? I couldn't see anything about in in the patch notes and I'm dying to have a go at those :smile:
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    all u do is look at what time it was supposed to end for you and add at least an hour to that time and that is the time it should be finished
    The True King In The North
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    thanks for the update. 10:30 Pacific time is 18:30 UTC (=GMT), its currently -8hrs. Helpful that my mum lives in Arizona so I have double clocks set up by default
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    rmy1081 wrote: »

For one I'd like to see a reasonable and plausible explanation of how people can think they know how something works but clearly doesn't. Have you ever worked on any large production of any kind? Stuff happens...

We haven't had an extended maintenance in months...

Please, stop hiding behind excuses. We may expect that we are dealing with professionals (devs) or they supposed to be professionals. A guy that screws it up in any large production, gets the blame. If he does it several times, he is being fired. A surgyn has only one shot to do it correct, and his proffession is far more complicated then IT. Yet, it's always this IT sector, especially the gaming branch of it, that is hiding their own TRIBBLE ups behind excuses like: "Stuff happens, Bugs are a part of software, It's common to software, No user-system is the same, blah blah blah, nag nag nag ...". Grow a pair, get a spine and pick up your responsibility and get some pride out of your work.

10:30pm. How Late will be in EU?
    Qapla'!
  • demonr1demonr1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i really wish u guys moved up the maint times by 6h or so, so u wouldnt affect the majority of the european players.
  • duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2015

lol :D
    Nou serious. Als eerst zeggen ze dat het tot half 6 en nu duurt dat tot half 11. Dan lig ik al lang in bed omdat ik morgen weer moet werken :s

waar en ik moet morgen weer naar school en heb daar al zoizo geen zin in dus ik dacht kom laat ik star trek online spelen maar nee TRIBBLE er is maarweer een nieuwere versie en dan gaat er ook nog iets mis ook

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    cers001 wrote: »
    can you guys please fix the load time and issues with DS9 and ESD?

I'm almost certain that's a problem with server load. Basically, you're waiting to get in (because DS9 and ESD tend to be very popular during peak hours), not for the map to run through the technical aspects of loading. Try during off-peak hours (US) and if you have the same problem file an in-game bug report (lately seems that's what they pay the most attention to.)
    ^^^
    Pretty much this - I also suspect there's A LOT of new database transactions as veteran players 'claim' then 'dismiss' previous ships to get them into their Admiralty Ship System rosters - and both ESD and DS9 have shipyard NPCs that facilitate this.

Would it really have been SOOO hard or taxing on Dev time to add a button on the CStore that allows a player to just claim a 'ship card' for the A.S.S. instead of causing new cases of carpal tunnel syndrome with said players having to manually claim and dismiss every single ship in their C-Store inventory if it wasn't already sitting in an 'active' ship slot.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Wow huge meowntenance for the hempsters to run the server. :) Almeowst five hours. ^^
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010