test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beware of penalties if you have connection/speed issues

i recently played a PvE starbase mission, and was experiencing server connection/speed issues, the game started, stopped, then started again and i was evidently low level on the team at 43.... my ship was slow to respond/react/participate and upon leaving last i saw i had garners a red notice on the bottom left about first ATF penaly then an STF leaver panalty.... though i did nothing towards this dis-honor. I tried to participate and did offense as well as healing and fleet team adds to the group....only took when it was an item i could use OR was last one online to collect.... i knew the connection might be an issue team wise, and know for next time to make sure my connection is secure before participaing in a group.....

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Tip: the way Pick Up Groups / PUGs / public teams work now, you should always click "need". That's just the way it is, and 99% of the drops are white or green anyway. STFs aren't like MMO raids where people are trying to gear up using rare and precious class-specific drops.

Sell what you don't need, the blue - purple gear can fetch decent prices on the exchange.
  • Options
    gynxmonkeypawgynxmonkeypaw Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    thanks. I always choose need, and saw the roll results thanks. most times the gear helps the underlings. I am becoming save about the exchange. i get decent prices,,,, i was selling just below value, til i saw what some things fetch on the exchange. :) thanks.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    I myself am still baffled over people claiming getting a penalty for DC/coneection issues, as myself have experienced plenty of them including actual game client crashes.

Usually if the client crashes or I get a full on DC, I log back in and usually either have no issues, or get booted from the actual mission, only to be able to enter another without any issue of a penalty.

In fact, I cannot recall having ever being handed a single afk penalty, in any instance of what people have descibed.

This is not to say it cannot/has not happened to others, but it's also hard to fathom when it never happens to ones self, when experiencing the same exact issues others have stated!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Tip: the way Pick Up Groups / PUGs / public teams work now, you should always click "need". That's just the way it is, and 99% of the drops are white or green anyway. STFs aren't like MMO raids where people are trying to gear up using rare and precious class-specific drops.

Sell what you don't need, the blue - purple gear can fetch decent prices on the exchange.

And if I don't click "need", a PUG won't work? /sarcasm

Click whichever you wish, OP.

On the topic, I never got a penalty for being disconnected or for crashing. I did get one when my connection was such rubbish I couldn't steer my ship, and was useless anyway. I just left, instead of aggro enemy due to my lack of control over my ship, so I got a leaver penalty.​​