test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK penalty. My appologies to the team I was with.......

i tried to keep up with my character/ship but seemd too slow and took too long to reach the battle. I did get close towards the end and even started one group of the starbase 24 mission right in the center of thier arrival and got some action.... but afterwards saw i had an afk penalty even though i never left and was last to leave, and did all i could to support and participate......

Comments

• Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yeah...this is the other side of that AFK "coin."

There isn't enough incentive to do it on a higher level than Normal, so many people skip that extra tedium and bring their T6 DPS juggernaut into the lower queue. So you end up flying in a circle for several minutes running out the timer before the dreadnaught shows up, and if you're not fast enough you won't register any participation.
  • Options
    gynxmonkeypawgynxmonkeypaw Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    :) also my second post directly addresses another issue: server/connection :)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    In all seriousness - your posts here have warmed my heart and restored some faith in the players of this game.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    shanker666shanker666 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    i tried to keep up with my character/ship but seemd too slow and took too long to reach the battle. I did get close towards the end and even started one group of the starbase 24 mission right in the center of thier arrival and got some action.... but afterwards saw i had an afk penalty even though i never left and was last to leave, and did all i could to support and participate......

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1205549/afk-penalty-really-needs-to-be-looked-at#latest. check this thread out for info on afk penalties.