test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUNRISE How to beat 2nd wave when they attack the planet....

7 ships vs 1 i cant keep up and cant even eliminate ONE ship let alone 7-9!!!!! Has anyone finished SUNRISE?

Best Answer

• mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    were yo doing it in "hard mode"?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy

Answers

• gynxmonkeypawgynxmonkeypaw Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    that is the body.... NO support and unable to finish this episode TOO LONG TOO TOUGH GET FRUSTRATED ALL THE TIME WITH IT
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Haven't had any problems completing it. Are you trying to do it with a very low level toon or something?
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It shouldn't be THAT difficult...
    What level is your character and what ship do you use? Are you on normal difficulty? Did you do any queues recently and forgot to repair?

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You should let us know what ship and gear you're using, because it's not supposed to be a hard fight.

I don't think they even scratched my shields. If you let us know what level you are and what ship you're using, we can probably help you. You obviously have some issues with your ship build.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    The mission can be played by a level 10 character. There might be a level - balance issue. Since you picked the mission, you can play it whenever you want. It will be placed at level 60 at some point, but even then you can play it and replay it.

I have always said. STO and most other mmo's are far more challenging at lower levels. How do you want to go into a battle, with little information, with a battle ship or a simple frigate.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Use a carrier ship or call for fleet help such as Nimbus Pirates distress support or Delta Alliance beacon.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    Pile them up with a grav well, pick the weakest and pop it, watch chain warp core breach claim the remaining! :P

Unless you are doing the mission at low level, in that case you need to tell us more.
    ryuga81.png
    I was doing the mission at highest level, but after posting this i lowered to mid and easy on all characters and had no problem... it was engaging, but i could finish. i rearranged a few things and stocked up on anti tholian weapons. Thanks. My Tac officer had the hardest problem.... rally cry and suport items while my engineer and science had better offense on ground and mopped the floor with them and the space battles were close but beatable. thanks. I uswed Krenim, Malon battle cruiser and scince t-6 in first losing efforts, had grav well, rift and fleet call ins on first attempts, but it seems when i reduced tfrom elite to difficult game was manageble. thanks for answering, sorry i did not respond sooner..... In an unrelated topic was using my lowest character a science level 42 in a PvE and though i seemed to do ok, i was slapped with an AFK penalty....? never had one before, and was last to leave the mission. i had a slow turning ship and spotty connection but did my best to be a part... had a few hits and did some damage.... sigh, sh=rug live and learn i guess
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    You shoot at them until they explode. *shrug*

Why do I suspect the OP is flying a ship with all it's original gear and all power levels at 75, but also on Advanced?
    i was using level 60 character with t-6 cruiser first time, but was at top elite level... so i was being destroyed very quickly.... after i recalibrated and reset to norm/mid level difficulty i was able to be challenged, but complete. thanks. i had not encountered elite wipe where after several resdpawns i was making NO progress.... but as i said after reducing level and adjusting seemed ok
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    You just pew pew, g well, pew pew, g well, pew pew, g well, pew pew g well, pew pew.... you get the drift...
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    nope, all advanced gear, experienced over 6 months in battle to reach level 60 character and as i said advanced weapons and ship, just a tough first run on the episode.... i also adjust my power levels and have not had preious problems....
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    If you're doing it on Normal difficulty, a lvl60 toon in a T6 vessel and MkXIV gear should easily steamroll the the Tholians in Sunrise.

If you're not doing it on normal difficulty, it sounds like you probably should be.
    thanks... like i said i adjusted level down and experimented with 3 characters at different levels and with different shios and gear. my tactical had the hardest time, while my lpwer level at mid difficulty had an easy ground and so-so space experience. Thanks. Just needded to know what weapons vs tholians and advice on difficulty.... as well as experience at elite level and getting used to various capabilites ....
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    make sure your doing it on normal and using level appropriate ship/weapons. they just shoot and move in a circle around mobs... faw. also 100 power to weapons.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Approach slow trigger torpedo spread. As you get in range faw + TS if you timed it right TS is hot in about 5 seconds. By then the meshys should be dead.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    I had one really difficult in Sunrise when I took my Fed pilot ship in and forgot to set all weps to auto-fire. It was a long fight using one wep at a time (never got into macros), but got it done and never died (Normal-level). Did it again with auto-fire an the fight was over in little time.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Hanover2 said:
    "You shoot at them until they explode. *shrug*

Why do I suspect the OP is flying a ship with all it's original gear and all power levels at 75, but also on Advanced?"

Best answer. Made me laugh hard and prolly true.
  • nlearthlychief86nlearthlychief86 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    hit me up in game @nlearthlychief86 and i will finish them all for you! np for me helping ya out
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Only issue I have had is my targets suddenly clearing and needing to be re-targeted. Not a big deal either, annoying, but not too bad.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I took my level 10 Tactical toon there, in the Promotion gift Rhode Island. The mission was really easy, and I didn't have any problems.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Only issue I have had is my targets suddenly clearing and needing to be re-targeted. Not a big deal either, annoying, but not too bad.​​
    I think that's a Tholian power. Maybe Jam targeting sensors?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    i used ferengi ship, Nandi class, it was pretty easy, fly your ship a little slower and it turn ship very well than high speed.