test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Fleet Guadian is really only a T5u

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
Edit - Thank you all for the responses. Let this server as a cautionary tale then. Do your research. :D = The FL Guardian is a great ship and I hope others pick her up. Again thank you for the help.

After watching a Brent Justice https://youtu.be/thjNxKpasKY video on the Guardian T6 I thought why not dust her off and run with her for a while Then I thought, heck why not just buy the fleet module and get the fleet version because then I'd get that extra ENG Console to boot. So I buy the fleet module, go to the store and buy the Fleet version of the Guardian Cruiser. Then came the surprise. It is really only a T5 upgrade. No fifth mastery slot. Just four.

So I bump on over to the Wiki and sure enough, it say's its a T6, but in reality its just a T5u. sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Guardian_Cruiser

Don't get fooled like I did, DON'T BUY the Fleet version of the Guardian. And SHAME ON YOU Cyrpitic selling me a T5 when its suppose to be a T6!
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by lordatrocities on

Comments

• Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    No T6 fleet version of any ship comes with the 5th mastery slot. You have to get the C-Store version of that ship for the 5th mastery trait. Sounds more like you should have gathered information before you buy something, didn't do so and now have a severe case of buyer's remorse.

Also if you already have the 5th mastery slot unlocked on the T6 Guardian, simply slot it and you can use it on any ship.​​
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    No fleet ship has the 5th level mastery. If you want to have that you have to buy the C-Store version.
    That does not make the Fleet Guardian a T5 ship, it is still FT-6
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    you suppose to be smart , but you dont have all the masteries ... shame on you !!!::
  • Options
    No T6 fleet version of any ship comes with the 5th mastery slot. You have to get the C-Store version of that ship for the 5th mastery trait. Sounds more like you should have gathered information before you buy something, didn't do so and now have a severe case of buyer's remorse.

Also if you already have the 5th mastery slot unlocked on the T6 Guardian, simply slot it and you can use it on any ship.​​

Oh I agree. Its on me for not doing my homework. The thing is, I already have the T6 Guardian. So the fleet upgrade should have been to a T6. In fact that is what it says in the C-Store, T6 Guardian. Oh well. This is what you get when you don't do your home work on something that shouldn't have required it.

I have looked now, and I can find NO INFORMATION that states at T6 ship has only four mastery slots. Everything I have read says that T6 version have FIVE MASTERY SLOTS. The T5 U version have four. So really, false advertising aside, the T6 Fleet ships are, if they do not include that fifth mastery slot, in actuality only T5 U's.

That is to say, seriously misleading of Cryptic.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The 5th mastery slot is unlocked on the normal C-Store T6 ship. In order to use it, you have to slot it as one of your active starship traits. Once you have unlocked it, you can use it with any ship.​​
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    No fleet ship has the 5th level mastery. If you want to have that you have to buy the C-Store version.

Sigh, I have the T6 version of the ship already. It only cost me 1 fleet module to upgrade, not five. The CStore Version I bought was in fact listed as a T6 Fleet Guardian. So I expected to get the T6 version and not the T5u. And if that is the case, and no fleet version come with that T6 fifth mastery slot, then that should be mentioned prominently in the text so that others don't fall prey to this misleading information.

And yes, I failed to do my research because, in all honesty, I didn't think I had too. I just took it on face value that the T6 Fleet version of the Guardian would be the same as the T6 regular version but with the extra ENG slot.

• Options
    Well let this be a cautionary tale then. Do your research.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Well, if you already owned the regular Tier 6 version of the ship, it's not too bad, you've only lost some time.
    No Tier 6 ship allows you to use its 5th trait without mastering and slotting it as a Starship Mastery trait in the first place.

If you own the Tier 6 C-Store version, and have not yet unlocked all its ship masteris, you can reclaim it, shoot some bad guys until you completed the masteries, slot the trait, and move on to the Tier 6 Fleet version.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Sigh, I have the T6 version of the ship already. It only cost me 1 fleet module to upgrade, not five. The CStore Version I bought was in fact listed as a T6 Fleet Guardian. So I expected to get the T6 version and not the T5u. And if that is the case, and no fleet version come with that T6 fifth mastery slot, then that should be mentioned prominently in the text so that others don't fall prey to this misleading information.

And yes, I failed to do my research because, in all honesty, I didn't think I had too. I just took it on face value that the T6 Fleet version of the Guardian would be the same as the T6 regular version but with the extra ENG slot.

You get FLEET T6 which gives you the 11th console AND +10% to hull and shields. The same reason I got the FLeet Arbiter AFTER I got the C-Store Arbiter. The same ship +10% shield and Hull. They clearly articulated then when they released the Fleet T6 ships to include no ship trait.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have looked now, and I can find NO INFORMATION that states at T6 ship has only four mastery slots. Everything I have read says that T6 version have FIVE MASTERY SLOTS. The T5 U version have four. So really, false advertising aside, the T6 Fleet ships are, if they do not include that fifth mastery slot, in actuality only T5 U's.

You mean, no information other than the official STO News bulletin/blog/whatever?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9196503-tier-6-fleet-ships

You can easily see there are only 4 mastery slots mentioned, not 5 as in C-Store ships:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7006963

Also, if you didn't spot the difference, there is the specific QA on the first link:

Q: Do Tier 6 Fleet ships come with a starship trait?

A: Tier 6 Fleet ships have four levels of Starship Mastery, like T5-U ships and therefore do not have a starship trait.
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thank you guys. I should have done my research. But honestly, in retrospect, I am very happy with the Fleet version so far. I just wish I had paid more attention to details and done a bit of research.

At this point I think its just a cautionary tale for others. = Live and learn.

Again thank you all for the information. I am very happy with the FL Guardian and hope other pick it up too.

(Fixed spelling error)
  • Options

You mean, no information other than the official STO News bulletin/blog/whatever?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9196503-tier-6-fleet-ships

You can easily see there are only 4 mastery slots mentioned, not 5 as in C-Store ships:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7006963

Also, if you didn't spot the difference, there is the specific QA on the first link:

Q: Do Tier 6 Fleet ships come with a starship trait?

A: Tier 6 Fleet ships have four levels of Starship Mastery, like T5-U ships and therefore do not have a starship trait.

Thank you. You have proven that I am a complete nimrod. :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Yes, the cautionary tale is to learn that ALL FLEET SHIPS do not come with consoles or mastery traits. You need to buy the C-Store ship first.

You can then use it or at least get admiralty cards for all of your Fed alts.

Also the fleet version is then only 1 fleet module not 5 (6?)
  • Options
    TL;DR: PEBKAC error :)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Cautionary tale is don't be stupid.
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Alright, enough dogpiling on the OP. He's figured out he went off half-cocked and fessed up to it. No need to rub his nose in it.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The thing is, the OP actually got what he wanted and he didn't even know it.

He's shocked it didnt have a trait HE ALREADY HAD.

Did he expect to have to grind out the ship tiers to earn the trait he already had again? Or did he think it was another trait that would unlock entirely, like a fleet trait?

Did he expect a console on a fleet ship as well? I don't remember any complaints like wheres my console.....i already got from the cstore version.

If you already own the base ship, what getting the fleet version gives you for $5 more is 10% more hull and shield capacity and one more console slot. Its just an extension of the same ship.
  • Options
    The first post doesn't make this clear, but I read it as the OP bought the Fleet version instead of the C-Store version, so he had no console or mastery trait. The wording is ambiguous since he says "module" when buying a Fleet version by itself costs more than one. That seems like a waste since the C-Store version is an account-wide unlock and lowers the Fleet cost to 1 module.

But perhaps OP did buy both, then neglected to get the mastery trait from flying the C-Store version.
  • Options
    Well it comes out later he already had cstore version.

But I'll say this anyway. Buying a Fleet T6 ship without getting the cstore version, which i think is upwards of $30 worth of modules, seeing it has no mastery or console, would be ill advised, unwise, and just a plain bad deal. But that deal is explicit in writting nevertheless.
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    there are ships that is better to get only the fleet version , if you dont need the trait or consoles
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    But I'll say this anyway. Buying a Fleet T6 ship without getting the cstore version, which i think is upwards of $30 worth of modules, seeing it has no mastery or console, would be ill advised, unwise, and just a plain bad deal. But that deal is explicit in writting nevertheless.

$25 (500z*5), but that's assuming you don't supplement (or replace the cost entirely) with dilithium and/or EC. The C-store is $30 with only dilithium to supplement/replace. If you're not interested in the traits, consoles, account unlocking, or in some cases the new ship skins then T6F is probably the cheapest way into "top tier" ships (that match your faction :P).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User

$25 (500z*5), but that's assuming you don't supplement (or replace the cost entirely) with dilithium and/or EC. The C-store is $30 with only dilithium to supplement/replace. If you're not interested in the traits, consoles, account unlocking, or in some cases the new ship skins then T6F is probably the cheapest way into "top tier" ships (that match your faction :P).

I have started doing this . . . buying the fleet version without buying the c store version. I don't think of fleet modules in terms of $ or zen, I think of them in terms of ec. A fleet ship runs about 65 million ec in terms fleet modules.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    T6 Fleet is still T6 Fleet. They have the 13th Boff seat that T5FUs do not get, along with the extra console and higher stats than the C-Store T6 version (except triple bundle ships like the Pilot and Command ships; those are T6 Fleet out of the gate).

T6 Fleet just doesn't have the Starship Mastery trait, which is a sales point for the C-Store versions, and incentive in trying for Lobi/Lockbox/Promo ships (which are also T6 Fleet equivalent out of the box).
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User

If you own the Tier 6 C-Store version, and have not yet unlocked all its ship masteris, you can reclaim it, shoot some bad guys until you completed the masteries, slot the trait, and move on to the Tier 6 Fleet version.

Ive had good luck leveling multiple ships in Normal Mirror.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Edit - Thank you all for the responses. Let this server as a cautionary tale then. Do your research. :D = The FL Guardian is a great ship and I hope others pick her up. Again thank you for the help.

After watching a Brent Justice https://youtu.be/thjNxKpasKY video on the Guardian T6 I thought why not dust her off and run with her for a while Then I thought, heck why not just buy the fleet module and get the fleet version because then I'd get that extra ENG Console to boot. So I buy the fleet module, go to the store and buy the Fleet version of the Guardian Cruiser. Then came the surprise. It is really only a T5 upgrade. No fifth mastery slot. Just four.

So I bump on over to the Wiki and sure enough, it say's its a T6, but in reality its just a T5u. sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Guardian_Cruiser

Don't get fooled like I did, DON'T BUY the Fleet version of the Guardian. And SHAME ON YOU Cyrpitic selling me a T5 when its suppose to be a T6!

As others have already said, the fleet versions of ships do NOT come with the 5th mastery trait. It's assumed that you will buy the cstore version first and unlock the trait THEN go to the fleet version. Simply because however it doesn't come with the 5th trait slot on the fleet version does NOT mean it isn't a t6. If you could get the trait from the fleet version there would be no need to buy the cstore version of the ships as folks would just drop some modules and be done with it. Also the fleet ship IS a t6 as it gives you access to the intel seating. No t5 ships has access to the special seatings such as command, intel, and pilot.

If you already have the cstore version of the ship as I'm assuming you did as it only cost you one module, then what's the problem to start with? just run the cstore version for a bit, then start flying the fleet version.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    The Guardian is an excellent FED Cruiser one the best actually.
    LT COM - SCI BOFF for EXTRA DPS.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    mmorinemmorine Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i prefer to think of fleet ships as improved T5-U, i say improved because, let's face it, no T5-U with the exact same items can fight them on equal terms, now, i strongly recommend getting the C-store version first, that way you get access to the console and the starship mastery trait, and also..... the fleet will be cheaper to get ( not 2.5K zen for modules, or around a TRIBBLE ton of EC )