test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M.A.C.O. Helmets not an option at tailor

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
Before I get started, I'd like to say that I had Mk XII Omega Gear before Reputation.

So, before the patch, I was wearing the M.A.C.O. Operational helmet.
The next day, it was no longer in the Head Categories.

I searched every available option in the Tailor. I checked the Omega Reputation Projects. Nothing is giving me an option to wear the helmet, save using Enable Visuals on the M.A.C.O. Armour.
Post edited by supergaminggeek on

Comments

• oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Before I get started, I'd like to say that I had Mk XII Omega Gear before Reputation.

So, before the patch, I was wearing the M.A.C.O. Operational helmet.
    The next day, it was no longer in the Head Categories.

I searched every available option in the Tailor. I checked the Omega Reputation Projects. Nothing is giving me an option to wear the helmet, save using Enable Visuals on the M.A.C.O. Armour.

You need to be on the "Head" page of the custume. At the top right corner is a dropdown that will be showing "Uniform". Change this to MACO.

If you want the Helmet, you will need to change the "Head Option" on the "Head" page.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I was not on the M.A.C.O. option, I wouldn't just be complaining about the lack of a helmet.
  • fedasv2fedasv2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To enable the helmet for me, I go into my equipment page (default u) and right click on MACO gear to enable visuals. This turns the helmet on or off for me. but it might just be they way I've set it up (poorly)
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I was not on the M.A.C.O. option, I wouldn't just be complaining about the lack of a helmet.

You need to be on the "Head" page of the custume. At the top right corner is a dropdown that will be showing "Uniform". Change this to MACO.

If you want the Helmet, you will need to change the "Head Option" on the "Head" page.

The things that gets most people is that the helmet is not part of the uniform page.
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting slightly butthurt right now.

I've checked the Head option repeatedly, even swapping between uniform categories. If there were a helmet option in Uniform, I would've seen it. But no, I've checked the Head section, and normally, where there would be a M.A.C.O. option, whilst my uniform is set to M.A.C.O., does not exist.
  • aeronuataeronuat Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue, I've done the same thing you have, and no helmet.
    "I do not believe in a No Win Scenario"
  • kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you guys opened Sunglasses boxes from the Risa event? I've read they're bugged and stop you from being able to select helmets.

The two chars that I unlocked Sunglasses on can't use helmets anymore.
    edited July 2013
    I have not had sunglasses.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it's not the fact that we can't FIND the darn thing, it's the fact that the patch virtually REMOVED them from existence.

Having same problem here, went to modify an outfit that had the MACO Striker helm and when I went to put it back after I was satisfied...nothing, no helmet of any kind...MACO or Omega at all, and I bet I'll have the same problem with my KDF Honor Guard armor on my KDF character.

xgUYo8o.jpg

Fix plox kthx
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    FOUND IT!

The Helmet is under HEAD - CATEGORY, then you just choose HELMET - (MACO/Omega/Honor Guard)
  • lsloan31lsloan31 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ever since I got the sunglasses from Risa I've no longer been able to get access to helmets either. Really annoying since I just hit Elite Commander and was really looking forward to the new visuals - I have them all except for the matching helmet.
    edited July 2013
    zaynar wrote: »
    FOUND IT!

The Helmet is under HEAD - CATEGORY, then you just choose HELMET - (MACO/Omega/Honor Guard)

Yeah, we looked there already.
  • commodoreredcommodorered Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They added a project to the Reputation missions for MACO armor. For 3k Dil and 250 points you can fully custom your old MACO armor, this includes removing the helmet.
  • gbelfragegbelfrage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fedasv2 wrote: »
    To enable the helmet for me, I go into my equipment page (default u) and right click on MACO gear to enable visuals. This turns the helmet on or off for me. but it might just be they way I've set it up (poorly)

Thanks! Everyone is arguing about the Head options, but you nailed it! I went to my equipment page and Enabled Visuals on my body armor. There's the full gear, including helmet! Thank you.
  • thequinbythequinby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just submitted a bug report for them to not fix. Not an armor visuals issue, not an I can't find it issue, the option literally isn't ****ing there.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thequinby wrote: »
    Just submitted a bug report for them to not fix. Not an armor visuals issue, not an I can't find it issue, the option literally isn't ****ing there.

Yep. MACO helmet STILL missing on my reman captain, even though all of his bridge officers have access to it. I event went to Commander Roxy on DS9 the day they made it so you talk to her and can register your MACO ground set and that still didn't fix it. To this day the helmet is still missing.

Proof: January 14, 2014 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14489471#post14489471

March 31, 2014 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16073311#post16073311

Screenshot links in the posts are still working. Not gonna bother to create yet another thread to avoid necroing my old threads. I posted about the problem and it's not resolved and that's all I can do.

Character:
    Kamiccolo@monkeybone13
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm also affected by this bug and sent a bug-report (ID #2,788,285). I hope this finally gets solved.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only seems that the Counter-Command Exo-Armor will display the helmet, where as the Dyson Heavy Combat Armor doesn't display the helmet either nor does M.A.C.O Armor or Omega Force Armor. Funny only the Exo-Armor doesn't have this issue. There are other bugs in how these body armor are displayed with the non-correct color schemes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Got the MACO Mk 12 armor from rep, in the description it says it will unlock the costume.
    Once I get into the tailor most of it's missing.
    No gloves, no forearm pieces, no shoulder pads, no collar, no helmet...
    Just the spandex base, chest piece, belt, and boots.

Not sure how to get everything to unlock.
    Does the same apply to the Adapted MACO too?
    I've also seen one with slim but taller pointing shoulder pads too, what is that?
  • gsdmangsdman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've unlocked the armor and am wearing it, but I can't seem to get the helmet to display. I have it selected at the tailor.
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still the same problem. No helmet for either MAKO or OMEGA armour.
    This sucks, without the helmet they don't look half as good.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Hey, I was trying to get the helmet to show on the MAKO too. I tried a few things y'all suggested but they didn't work for me.

There IS another task in the Borg Rep for "Appearance Number Two". I'm in the process of running that now. I'll let y'all know if it works or not.

Also, there are TWO copies in that Rep of EACH piece of MAKO Armor. I don't understand why that is. Maybe different powers? It's hard to know because the way the interface is built so clunky I can't see both of any pair at the same time. It sure would be nice if there was a pop out window for comparisons.

LLAP

T9​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    Thanks for necro'ing this thread. Issue was resolved a while ago, and the variant uniform, M.A.C.O. Operational, is just for looks.
  • fracturedevolvedfracturedevolved Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Not quite resolved.

It appears females can't use the Counter Command helmet. My male bridge officers are able to use it fine though.

EDIT: Same thing for MACO.
  • belatricisbelatricis Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    i have all the armors before last season i weared it with all the variations for hemelts,MACO, OMEGA, HONOR GUARD etc and all the helmets options simply vanish from all my characters, and the automated response for my bug/help report was totally ineficient. I hope they will fix that soon but think they will pass for a long time...
    also the option enable visuals is not a path to fix the bug
  • lostyuslostyus Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    This has happened to my girlfriends account too, she (on her female character) hasn't got the option to choose a helmet.

I think this is a really bad bug, you go through all the effort of doing the Rep, looking forward to getting the armour, after 6 weeks (or whatever) to find out you can't use it. It's the only thing my girlfriend wanted from this Rep and the whole reason why she did it. She put a ticket in and there hasn't even been a reply and her ticket has disappeared.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    I too am unable to use the counter command helmet on my primary armor. they said they fixed this very bug several patches ago...
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.