test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Purchase Another Superior Romulan Operative from Fleet Embassy

sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear all,

After opening a ticket on the support section of the website, I was asked to submit an in-game bug report and to post on the forums instead...so here it goes:

On my main character I am unable to purchase another Superior Romulan Operative (the rare tactical male) as it is greyed out. All other Romulan embassy boffs are purchasable except that one (it remains greyed out and if I double click it says "already purchased").

I have no other SRO's in my boff condidate rooster so that's not the issue. I confirmed that others were able to buy 3+ of them, so it seems to be a bug.

Here is a screenshot of the issue: http://i.imgur.com/l2QFFvz.png

I thank you in advance for your help.

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,759,792.
Post edited by sf911 on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Your screenshot doesn't work.

"Permission Denied
    You do not have permission to access this document."
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Thank you for pointing that out. Now it should work as I changed the link.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Check your "reserve" roster found under the "stations" menu. If that is full, it may prevent you from purchasing more BOFFS at the embassy. Hope that fixes things !
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    As has been said, it's either in your reserve or your inventory. If not, if you could screenshot those, that'd be handy.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
    edited September 2015
    Just to be clear, the "buy" button is greyed out...so I was never even given a chance to purchase a third SRO.

My reserve roster is empty and my inventory (or bank) contain to BOFFs at all. Also, as you can see in the screenshot, the blue tac male with the SRO trait is the only one greyed out for me.

I was able to purchase my first two SROs a long time ago and they have been on active duty for a long time. I had assumed that my inability to purchase a third SRO was intentional; only recently did I learn of other Feds having 3+ SRO's...hence my belated bug report.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    sf911 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, the "buy" button is greyed out...so I was never even given a chance to purchase a third SRO.

My reserve roster is empty and my inventory (or bank) contain to BOFFs at all. Also, as you can see in the screenshot, the blue tac male with the SRO trait is the only one greyed out for me.

I was able to purchase my first two SROs a long time ago and they have been on active duty for a long time. I had assumed that my inability to purchase a third SRO was intentional; only recently did I learn of other Feds having 3+ SRO's...hence my belated bug report.

Hrmm interesting, this is definitely a bug, as my fed character has four romulan boffs. From the screenshot I assume the fleet has provisions, so that's not the issue.

Have you tried leaving your flet and returning? That might aliviate the issue.
    6tviTDx.png

Thank you for the suggestion but, yes, I have left/rejoined my fleet since the bug first occurred.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Thank you for the suggestion but, yes, I have left/rejoined my fleet since the bug first occurred.

What character is this happening to?
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
    edited September 2015
    Florian@sf911

Congrats on the "Bug Hunter" status btw Vel...well deserved! :)
  • dreymor0dreymor0 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have also seem to of ran into this bug to and cant buy anymore than two. Submitted a bug report a while ago but never heard anything back.
    edited October 2015
    In the end, I just purchased a regular (uncommon/green) tac with the Romulan Operative trait (not Superior).

A loss of 0.5% crth and 1.2% crtd vs. an SRO is not the end of the world (except for the min/maxer in me).

I do, however, hope for an eventual fix so I can finally get my 3rd SRO :)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    A period of 24hrs. in-between superior boff purchases, does sometimes get around this issue, but only sometimes.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

I got my other two SRO's a long time ago (10+ months I would guess).
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    I got my other two SRO's a long time ago (10+ months I would guess).

Than I couldn't tell you, outside of needing inventory space, boff space, active roster space, FC, dilith, etc., which it seems you have.

Than there must be some obvious error in the game.

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Indeed; it's most certainly a bug. Until it gets fixed (fingers crossed), I'll manage with a "regular" Romulan Operative (which I had no trouble purchasing) for my third tac slot.
    I am still facing this bug. Is there any chance for a fix so I can buy my third SRO?

I know that everyone is very busy with S11 issues (as a Mac user, I am very aware of that)...but any help would be appreciated :)
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to bump my thread again, but is there really nothing that can be done? Should I be holding any hopes for a solution to this?
    Thank you in advance.
  • oond#9317 oond Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having an identical issue. I have one who is commissioned and in an active seat, fleet is maxed and provisioned, I have inventory and candidate roster space.
    edited December 2015
    Sorry to hear you are suffering from this issue too.

The responses I got from support were something along the lines of "we have no fix for this at the moment...".

I truly hope this bug will be looked into at some point. A fix would be much appreciated.
  • statix0013statix0013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Like OP, I'm suffering from this bug as well.

Created an ingame ticket #3,877,084
    screenshot
    Discusion on Reddit

Would really appreciate a fix.

Thanks!
  • indydsindyds Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I suffer the same problem, thought that was WAI.
    At least two chars are affected(the others are not yet there):
    C'Indy@indyds
    Indy@indyds
    edited January 2016
    Welcome to the "club"...

Not much we can do but wait and hope it seems.

However, considering that over three months have passed since my initial bug report/ticket, I can't say I'm holding my breath at this point.
  • twotimes04twotimes04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I also have a character that ran into this about a year ago. I ended up just getting the green one as my third operative but it would be great to see a fix.
    edited April 2016
    For reference, this issue was fixed for me with the release of 11.5. I hope this is true also for the others who suffered from this problem.