test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11 - Mac Login Issue

Comments

• archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    BY THE ELEMENTS, HOORAY! Cannot wait to assimilate the patch. WineSTO doesn't work very well on my machine, even with graphics all turned down to terrible.
  • mrrjuno1765mrrjuno1765 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Wait a minute, are you guys saying that Mac Users finally able to play STO now? I opened STO app and still not working. What?
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Wait a minute, are you guys saying that Mac Users finally able to play STO now? I opened STO app and still not working. What?

It's just on the test servers right now.
  • brued1brued1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hope you get it working soon

• ianeasaianeasa Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great news... i will try in tribble later.
  • theoryofnerdtheoryofnerd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If I used wineskin to get the new starter pack, but not the giveaway with the three ships, will I still be eligible for any Mac compensation that might happen?
  • iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Confirming that the Tribble version of the Mac client is working on my machine. It doesn't patch the Cider wrapper, so downloading the Tribble patch does NOT fix access to Holodeck. Apparently they cleaned up the client to not call the missing libraries, which likely took some serious and possibly painful detective work. Looking forward to the fix coming to Holodeck!

And thanks Trendy and Yetweallfalldown for the official updates.
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    It only works on holo because it is the test server, they are testing the fix they made, am planning to go on in a few hours. Good work cryptic, i would reccomend for mac user's sake, have a code, that allows you to get all of the giveaway items that they missed on the old startrekonline.com (the site you use for steam codes and old ones). Just for one week or so. Thank god, tired of playin on my laptop
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 13 Administrator
    Hi All,

We have an update regarding the Mac issues that we are currently facing. Through our testing, we have found another issue that is preventing players from being able to play our game on the Mac platform. The experience that we would ship tomorrow does not meet the quality bar for our game. With that said, we are continuing to iterate on the Mac version of the game and hope to have more details on when we will be bringing the game back up.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to sort out these login issues.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Oh My!!!!!
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'll speak up for Mac users here...if they've missed promotions because of all this downtime, they need to be "re-imbursed." Did they buy anything and not get it? No. But did they miss out on promotions you know they would have taken advantage of? Yes.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Well, thanks for the update. I hope you'll continue to keep us in the loop.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Indeed, thanks for keeping us informed about the status of this issue. It is definitely appreciated.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Does this mean it was bug free and working perfectly so surpassed the normal standard of Cryptic programming as Quality isn't always the right word to associate with Cryptic

I shall not apologise for refusing to go moo, be milked and graze in the Cryptic's fields. But i am happy to go woof !, roll over and hump a few legs ;)
    Hi All,

We have an update regarding the Mac issues that we are currently facing. Through our testing, we have found another issue that is preventing players from being able to play our game on the Mac platform. THE EXPERIENCE THAT WE WOULD SHIP TOMORROW DOES NOT MEET THE QUALITY BAR FOR OUR GAME. With that said, we are continuing to iterate on the Mac version of the game and hope to have more details on when we will be bringing the game back up.

Alex
    Post edited by supergirl1611 on
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Mac users go "moof!", not "moo" or "woof."

Sorry to hear about the further delay, but thank you for keeping us informed. Saying it "doesn't meet the quality bar" almost sounds like a general performance issue, rather than a specific "it's totally broken" problem. Hoping there'll be some more detailed discussion of the problems in the future.
  • xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Hi All,

We have an update regarding the Mac issues that we are currently facing. Through our testing, we have found another issue that is preventing players from being able to play our game on the Mac platform. The experience that we would ship tomorrow does not meet the quality bar for our game. With that said, we are continuing to iterate on the Mac version of the game and hope to have more details on when we will be bringing the game back up.

Alex

Highly appreciate the update. Having the patience to wait this long, I no longer have any problem for Cryptic to take additional time for a quality repair.

As for the long-lost promos, I (and Cryptic, I presume) believe that good things shall come to those who wait.

Cheers ...  Admiral Cybyl

Now if my wish for Vegemite to be added to the replicator menu hasn't been forgotten ... :smile:
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Hi All,

Alex

Now THAT sounds like a Cider issue... adjust the VM's memory settings and what not.

Thanks for the update, and speedy work to you and the team! :smile:  for life!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • agathon55agathon55 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So does this mean we won't be getting a fix this upcoming patch? Disappointing. Hopefully you nail those bugs soon!
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    Well, the problem got a mention in the patch notes at least:
    Mac clients can now log in but experience a crash a few minutes into play.

That's...progress, I guess. Hopefully, it's not a case of fixing one big problem causing an even bigger problem. Kyana Prime, anyone?
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • razorblade#3490 razorblade Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind talking to the developers about some ideas for this game
    Captain Stephen Harms
    U.S.S Enterprise(in game U.S.S EnterpriseXXIII)
  • archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I think that crashing a few minutes in is... at least less of a problem than being unable to get in at all. So hopefully they didn't hit any really important code with the timeship weapon...
  • tehindostehindos Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Scotty would have resolved this by now.

Made me lol in RL
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    ...so, is there any ETA for a more final fix? One that restores the gameplay experience to pre-S11 levels?
  • diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    Super sad face :-(
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hi All,

Alex

Hi Alex,

good to know such a thing as a "quality bar" still exists for the mac client. You wouldn't mind elaborating what that bar consists of and where it currently fails? I mean there is a backlog of almost 2 years of issues with the mac client that have never been addressed.

Client freeze on map transfer, CTD on change character, the game client not releasing window management after being force quit (normal exit the game only works like 1 out of every 6 attempts). Abysmal Graphic support for recent systems (by recent I mean older then the 2013 line up of macs) Dysone sphere battle zone renders fine on my laptop from 2006(!) but my workstation from 2015 can't even render that on lowest settings. ....

So with all the attention thrown at the mac client (its in the patch notes for the first time since what release?) What should we expect as the current or new quality bar? Delta Rising saw a significant decrease in the clients performance. Did that meet the quality bar, or did you simply not check properly back then?

If you need help tracking problems let us know. Since QnA doesn't test on macs, my expectations are extremely limited. How do you have a quality bar for something that you can't even test? After about 2 years of zero support, people simply stopped providing logs and feedback. If you have a quality bar, it might be worth tapping into that kind of thing again.
  • flannelsalmonflannelsalmon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi All,

Alex

Heck at this point... I'd be happy just being able to get in for 20 minutes and having to Force Quit because it locks up. Even that would be an improvement over complete lack of access
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    havam wrote: »
    Hi All,

Alex

Hi Alex,

good to know such a thing as a "quality bar" still exists for the mac client. You wouldn't mind elaborating what that bar consists of and where it currently fails? I mean there is a backlog of almost 2 years of issues with the mac client that have never been addressed.

Client freeze on map transfer, CTD on change character, the game client not releasing window management after being force quit (normal exit the game only works like 1 out of every 6 attempts). Abysmal Graphic support for recent systems (by recent I mean older then the 2013 line up of macs) Dysone sphere battle zone renders fine on my laptop from 2006(!) but my workstation from 2015 can't even render that on lowest settings. ....

So with all the attention thrown at the mac client (its in the patch notes for the first time since what release?) What should we expect as the current or new quality bar? Delta Rising saw a significant decrease in the clients performance. Did that meet the quality bar, or did you simply not check properly back then?

If you need help tracking problems let us know. Since QnA doesn't test on macs, my expectations are extremely limited. How do you have a quality bar for something that you can't even test? After about 2 years of zero support, people simply stopped providing logs and feedback. If you have a quality bar, it might be worth tapping into that kind of thing again.

Cosigned and seconded.
    7aamriW.png
  • swordguy3222swordguy3222 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would like to know what kind of compensation we can expect from this. I have spent money on this game and would like to get my moneys worth. I think a free tier 6 ship of our choosing wouldn't be to much to ask.
  • quilsnivquilsniv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    While I agree that we deserve some form of reimbursement, I'm not sure whether or not a free T6 ship is really the size of compensation necessary. I think that maybe a fleet module or two and a free purple space weapon set would appease a lot of people who couldn't get in. That said, I would love the free T6 ship if it was what they give, but I doubt that'll be what happens in the end.
  • porthosjrporthosjr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I would like to know what kind of compensation we can expect from this. I have spent money on this game and would like to get my moneys worth. I think a free tier 6 ship of our choosing wouldn't be to much to ask.

A fix, making good on the missed-out-on promotions, and the apology (already given) are more than sufficient. No free T6 or extra "compensation" is necessary.
This discussion has been closed.