test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to change the size of the weapons?

Looking at the new picture for the Defiant Re-Do I noticed that the size of the phaser beam coming from it is about 1/4 the size of the ship! I've noticed previously that torpedos seem to be far too big to be coming out of tubes on our ships. I realize now that the size of all the weapons are far too big. Is there a way to make them smaller? The ones on the TOS Constitution are about the right size - but those are two in one, or, well, used to be. I think the game might feel more "trek" if the weapons were properly scaled to the size of the ship.

Comments

• thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    No, you can't change weapon sizes. Fly a bigger ship, the weapons will look smaller. :P
    Gameserver not found.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Nope. Devs themselves said that nothing is 100% to scale, due to area constraints and the need to make things remain visible up to a certain distance. Large ships are compressed smaller and small ships and projectiles are enlarged so that they can still be spotted.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Far too many things are oversized in this game. Some have reason to be (like shuttles).

Others like our ground weapons, not so much. Cryptic thought this was the 40K setting or something.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Far too many things are oversized in this game. Some have reason to be (like shuttles).

Others like our ground weapons, not so much. Cryptic thought this was the 40K setting or something.

Well some things yes...but they went overboard on things...like the Runabouts...they're insanely scaled if you ask me :p
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I never had this problem in space, but seeing my giant of a Gorn holding a bat'leth? Holy mother of clipping, Batman!