test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did Hearts and Minds Appear for You?

I saw the notice last night, went to Danatu and didn't see anything. Checked again this morning and nothing. Did I miss something about the dates and times this was available? Because I know the writing for those promos is sometimes WAY off from what they actually say.
--

"The higher the fewer."

Comments

• Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    It's in my available tab. I couldn't find it for ages though.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Pick up the Mission from the Calendar. It may be over already. Started Friday night and would go into early this morning. If you missed it another is coming a week from this coming Friday - the Thirteenth. That will start on the evening of the Twelfth.

Notification was seemingly belated and only on the Calendar and Arc News Blogs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    im by passing this mission now
    tell me when they make a new halloween mission thats actually spooky or creepy like good ole Bonnie-kin
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    I saw the notice last night, went to Danatu and didn't see anything. Checked again this morning and nothing. Did I miss something about the dates and times this was available? Because I know the writing for those promos is sometimes WAY off from what they actually say.

I did it on 2 toons. It have to be picked from calendar, there is a transwarp button but becouse sector space revamp it will take you outside the interactive button. Just move more towards Donatu system and choose "Investigate Donatu system".
    Altho I dunno if its still up since i am not on server timezone and sadly they stoped giving links to converter zones and I sure wont bother doing that for a game, especially if you read the forums "on the fly" from mobile devices...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Converter? Just memorize how many hours pacific time is different from where you are. (-2 for me)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »
    tell me when they make a new halloween mission thats actually spooky or creepy like good ole Bonnie-kin

You probably haven't played long enough to know this, but "Hearts and Minds" is literally a mission a dev made for fun on his off time, as opposed to paid time. It got incorporated into the game for the same reason: for fun, not on the same level as other missions that actually had official resources behind them. So expecting it to be the same as other missions isn't realistic.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I too have started skipping this one, I got so many clones now I could crew a Sovereign with em. Yea when they make a actual Haunted or spooky mission like Bonnie Kins I'll start playing it again.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I did this mission on my main to get the doff. Once I completed the mission I looked at the doff in the doff window. Its always nice to get a free blue duty officer. Then so some stupid reason I completely forgot how to close the doff window. Then I saw the button at the lower right corner that says "Dismiss". I thought, "Oh yeah, that's how you close it."

Pro tip: Dismiss does not close the doff window.

Oh well, I'll just get him next year.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Converter? Just memorize how many hours pacific time is different from where you are. (-2 for me)

Duh! I know the time difference - did you actually READ my post?
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    It's in my available tab. I couldn't find it for ages though.

Thanks - I didn't even check there. I missed it. What was the reward?
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    I did this mission on my main to get the doff. Once I completed the mission I looked at the doff in the doff window. Its always nice to get a free blue duty officer. Then so some stupid reason I completely forgot how to close the doff window. Then I saw the button at the lower right corner that says "Dismiss". I thought, "Oh yeah, that's how you close it."

Pro tip: Dismiss does not close the doff window.

Or in two weeks on the thirteenth (Nov. 13, 2015).
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    wrong thread
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    Duh! I know the time difference - did you actually READ my post?
    I was replying to Mosul. :p

Anyways, the reward is a Doff, and a special Lirpa, and the Val'reth title.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    gulberat wrote: »

You probably haven't played long enough to know this, but "Hearts and Minds" is literally a mission a dev made for fun on his off time, as opposed to paid time. It got incorporated into the game for the same reason: for fun, not on the same level as other missions that actually had official resources behind them. So expecting it to be the same as other missions isn't realistic.

Wasn't it Mark Valentine (h2oRat) who made it???

R.I.P
    6tviTDx.png

• Options

R.I.P
    That or Heretic. not sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter

R.I.P
    That or Heretic. not sure.

I was wrong, it actually Jesse Heinig @jheinig who made it... According to the wiki that is :)
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    walligig wrote: »
    No need to wait that long. Will be around again starting the night of November 12th. The 13th is a Friday., which is also when they run the Episode.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    It didn't automatically pop up or anything for me. I had to click on the current day in the calendar to accept the mission and then transwarp to it from there.
  • Options
    No, it was a very quiet rollout. Nothing was posted on the official Twitter account for STO. That Arc News Blog about it labelled 8:00 AM Friday the 30th I could swear was not there even to later in the day on the 30th. I checked the Calendar Friday Night and did the Accept and Transwarp from there.

Ran it on the current character I am playing (who has a number of the good Doctor) and my four Delta Recruits who never ran it. Did not bother on my seven other characters who already did it numerous times.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I knew about something coming up for Oct 31 so I started looking and it took me some time to find it in my "available" tab. Then again - why should every possible goodie, especially one that comes around regularily albeit at irregular intervals (did that make any sense? no? Tough luck), be all flashy and fanfares. People are crying about a lack of exploration and the moment how to do something is not entirely obvious the complaints are coming in again? (Not necessarily directed at the OP)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries