test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defera and Nukara

azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 11,135 Arc User
Both the Defera Invasion Zone and Nukara Prime have lost all missions, objectives, and enemies.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

Robert Heinlein

#BringBackJoshuaRiker

Comments

• oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    confirmed, defera has reset to tribble configuration and nukara has no tholians or sensor consoles
  • g0rb4gg0rb4g Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Same problem here, also reported by a fair number of my fleet members.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    My fault. I went into Defera dressed as a Ghostbuster and shot a Borg with the Devidian prototype "proton pack" gun. The instant I did that, the entire zone reverted. I must have crossed the streams... O.O

Seriously, the change happened at the exact moment I fired the weapon. I think I caused a server total protonic reversal.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Definitely broken...considering Fleet Alert is out of the picture, getting Defera back online would go a long ways to helping my Fleet Mark shortage.
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Cryptic need to repair Defera and nukara AND Fleet Alert...

Pro ? 0/20 for Cryptic.
  • jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    defera: doesn't work
    nukara: doesn't work
    fleet alerte: doesn't work

what's up with your work? what is the next step? how do you think our fleet starbase could be up without fleet marks? how do you think we could play with a game bugged? do you think this management give me desire to play and spend money in the game?
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hey Guys!

Bug Basher here.

Can you guys tone down the snark a bit. There seems to be an issue with Defera and Nukara, and we are writing up a report to send to the Dev Team.
    We are also looking into whats up with the Fleet 20 Man Queues.
    The issues with Fleet alert were sent to the dev team and are already fixed internally for the next Patch.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Bug Basher here.

Can you guys tone down the snark a bit. There seems to be an issue with Defera and Nukara, and we are writing up a report to send to the Dev Team.
    The issues with Fleet alert were sent to the dev team and are already fixed internally for the next Patch.

Thanks for letting us know that someone that has an "in" with the Dev Team knows about this. For those of us that have been around for a few releases, we know that many things get broken with each release. Sadly, in the case of Defera Invasion Zone, many people that played on Tribble well before the release mentioned that Defera was broken. I am unsure why their warnings were ignored.
    Post edited by fadmbambam on
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Yes, but, after launch of S11, Defera works perfectly ...

Actually : Defera AND Nukara as been reset without mission AND Enemy's...
  • ripsterfxripsterfx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hey Guys!

Bug Basher here.

Cut down the snark? really? I think this thread has been mellow so far.
  • everquest2#3486 everquest2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    remember there are no bugs in this game, just unique game features.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Maybe the STO Dev team should stop cutting (IE removing) playable content. That would go a LONG way in decreasing the snarky replys. IDK - I'll bet Borticus or Trendy comes by and states "Removed for retooling...content in question may return.." ™
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they don't Close the Thread instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trekvorevertrekvorever Member Posts: 2 New User
    well i would be happy already, if they would stop adding shitloads of kontent with every update and start focussing on finding an Fixing Bugs instead of creating new
  • mtiermtier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    start focussing on finding an Fixing Bugs
    or you can remove the whole map content instead fixing it

• janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Considering there's a message in Defera about the Borg "regenerating", to "check your mission calendar", and areas blocked off with auto-beambacks, it looks to me like the typical "herd the sheep into the shiny new areas" to me.

So I am doffing only until this nonsense stops and I get to play the areas that *I* want to play, *when* I want to play them.
    edited November 2015
    careful guys. if you criticize them to much. they can and have banded account for that. tho there is one question I liked answered. the ground missions were working earlier today. at least till 2pm est. Then they stopped. To me that sounds like a small bug that 9 out of 10 times can be fixed by taking 30 min and doing a server restart. I mean when something like that happens on my computer at home and work. a simple restart fixes it. so why have they not even tried that yet?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hey Guys!

Bug Basher here.

Thanks for the update, such as it is at this point (given that it's a weekend and all). To help narrow it down, did anyone run Defera on Thurdsay?

If Defera was completable on Thursday, whatever code enabled Hearts and Minds may be the culprit. This could clear itself up by Monday when the devs actually come back to take a look at it, making it tough to address. If this is the case, they might want to watch what it does if/when it triggers again on Nov 13.

Then again, it did specifically purge my Defera Mission list upon login today... and they were active on that character as of logout in the early hours of the same day (Oct 31).
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • robertc328robertc328 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I, for one, am going to hope that Defera is down because the devs are fixing the bugs that people have been complaining about for ages.

I could be wrong, of course, but for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Why would they shut down both Nukara AND Defera?
    That seems a bit of an over-kill just to get us to play the new content.
    (if that's even the reason)
    This sucks!
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    what is really sad is that if it was the payment system was broken and players were getting zen but there cards were not getting charged. they would have had that fixed before the first bug report. lol
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Not only is Defera Borg-free, there is sunshine and pretty blue skies. And a force field around the probe.
  • wolf039874wolf039874 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey Guys!
    If Defera was completable on Thursday, whatever code enabled Hearts and Minds may be the culprit. This could clear itself up by Monday when the devs actually come back to take a look at it, making it tough to address. If this is the case, they might want to watch what it does if/when it triggers again on Nov 13.

Then again, it did specifically purge my Defera Mission list upon login today... and they were active on that character as of logout in the early hours of the same day (Oct 31).

I did my last Defera on Saturday (31/8) 13.30 (utc+1) and it worked fine.
  • wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    After 18 months of Lifetime subs - I am DONE with STO until they get the thing working as well as when I signed up. New (rehashed) content does no trump missing old content. The reworking of the Dyson Space zone into the Badlands was simply a reskinning and far from being new and interesting is clapped out and unimaginative in the extreme. I hope that when I return to game at Christmas there is SOMETHING worth playing. Defera and Nukara were the primary method of developing my Fleet and the 2000 FM per day I now have to source elsewhere in dumb STFs is challenging my enthusiasm and that of my fleet members. Hello World of Tanks and Goodbye Craptic for November.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Hey Guys!

Bug Basher here.

Thanks for the update, such as it is at this point (given that it's a weekend and all). To help narrow it down, did anyone run Defera on Thurdsay?

My KDF Orion was on Defera very late Thursday (UST), worked then. I have a fleetmate who regularly runs around on Nukara. I haven't heard him complian, but I'll ask him if he was there Thursday or Friday and if so how things looked.
    If it is Hearts and Minds that's doing it, I wondering if we'll have a occurrence when that mission pop up again later this month.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    > @wo1dash said:
    > After 18 months of Lifetime subs - I am DONE with STO until they get the thing working as well as when I signed up. New (rehashed) content does no trump missing old content. The reworking of the Dyson Space zone into the Badlands was simply a reskinning and far from being new and interesting is clapped out and unimaginative in the extreme. I hope that when I return to game at Christmas there is SOMETHING worth playing. Defera and Nukara were the primary method of developing my Fleet and the 2000 FM per day I now have to source elsewhere in dumb STFs is challenging my enthusiasm and that of my fleet members. Hello World of Tanks and Goodbye Craptic for November.

try world or warships. i love the carriers in it.