test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: success

Comments

• Options
    batmancalero1234batmancalero1234 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    ...OH, AND LAST TIME I LOOKED AT PAST EVENTS, I PROTECTED YOUR PUNK ASSES WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE KIDS BACK IN THE 1990'S AND THE FIRST DECADE OF THE 21ST CENTURY. SO I DON'T OWE YOU PUNK TRIBBLE-TREK-KID SISSIES ANYTHING! YOU OWE ME!!! NOW GET THE TRIBBLE OUT OF MY FACE, YOU PUNK TRIBBLE TREK HOMOS! AS FOR SUPERLADY HERE, AGAIN, THANK YOU. I'M DONE WITH THIS TRIBBLE!
  • Options
    maxgeniusmaxgenius Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    ...I'M DONE WITH THIS TRIBBLE!

Is that a promise?

No offense, but many people who follow this thread would prefer posts be constructive. I'm as much against bashing of developers and unnecessary anger over the situation as anyone, its only a game, but your posts have gone far past focusing on the issue at hand.
  • Options
    I NEEDED TO WRITE TO STAR TREK ONLINE TO EXPLAIN TO THEM TO TAKE ALL THE TIME THEY NEED TO FIX THE GAME. AND I EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT YOU PUNK TRIBBLE INGRATES OWE THEM ONE AND NOT THEM OWE YOU! YOU BRATS THINK YOU KNOW STAR TREK MORE THAN THE OLD SCHOOL FANS?! YOU BRATS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT STAR TREK BACK IN THE 1960'S! I WATCHED THE STAR TREK TV SHOW RERUNS IN THE 1970'S WHEN I WAS A KID AND WATCH STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE AT MOVIE THEATERS IN 1979 WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD! AND MOST OF YOU PUNK INGRATES AND MOST OF YOUR OWN MOTHERS AND FATHERS WEREN'T EVEN BORN IN THAT TIME! STAR TREK IS ABOUT LOVING AND RESPECTING EACH OTHER AND YOU KIDS ONLY RESPECT YOUR OWN COMPUTER BOYFRIENDS AND GIRLFRIENDS! YOU KIDS HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT GENE RODDENBERRY WAS TALKING ABOUT, AND IN MY OPINION, STAR TREK ONLINE DID YOU KIDS A FAVOR AND CUT YOU FROM THAT SICK MAINFRAME TO FORCE YOU KIDS TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND REALLY CREATE THAT WORLD THAT GENE RODDENBERRY JUST EXPLAINED! YOU KIDS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT STAR TREK OR THE REAL WORLD MORE THAN MY FELLOW GEN-X-ERS AND Y-ERS DO AND IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU KIDS LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD, WHETHER YOU KIDS LIKE IT OR NOT. AND YOU KIDS ALSO NEED TO RESPECT THE OLDER GENERATIONS THAT CAME BEFORE YOU, INCLUDING MINE! BECAUSE EVEN THE GENERATION-X-ERS AND Y-ERS KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS WORLD THAN YOU KIDS DO. SO YOU KIDS NEED TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND LIKE IT! BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WORLD WE GOT! YOU KIDS OWE THOSE PEOPLE WHO CREATED THE STAR TREK WORLD FOR YOU A THANK YOU NOTE. EVERYONE! INCLUDING THE LATE GENE RODDENBERRY! SO YOU KIDS NEED TO START WRITING TO THEM NOW.
  • Options
    THIS NOTE IS FOR STAR TREK ONLINE NOW! ...."STAR TREK ONLINE, THANK YOU FOR THE STAR TREK WORLD YOU GAVE US IN YOUR ONLINE VIDEO GAME AND YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN CONTINUING GENE RODDENBERRY'S STAR TREK AND HIS ORIGINAL VISION OF A BEAUTIFUL LOVING WORLD." ....NOW, YOU TREK INGRATE PEANUT GALLERY KIDS NEED TO CONTINUE WAITING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHILE THE TREK ONLINE PROGRAMMERS DO THEIR JOB IN FIXING THIS APP WITH A LITTLE PEACE AND QUIET!! YOU OWE THEM ONE AND EVEN YOU KIDS ARE PISSING THEM OFF!! I'M OUT OF HERE!
  • Options
    archonicalarchonical Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'M OUT OF HERE!
    We can hope. In fact, it was part of Roddenberry's hope that one day there wouldn't be people like @batmancalero1234 rather the world would be united in peace. There wouldn't be a need to belittle younger people. It is interesting that @batmancalero1234 is ranting against people his own age.

I have been watching Trek for just as long. I am also a software developer. It may be difficult for you to fathom that some of us may in fact know more about Trek than you. Some of us are paying customers. Some of us like the game so much that we are willing to tell you to chill out. The only person pissing others off is you @batmancalero1234. We are waiting patiently. You may need to seek professional help for your anger issues. Seriously. You are at risk of hurting yourself or someone else.
    WITH A LITTLE PEACE AND QUIET
    We can still hope, but I bet you 500 bars of GPL that this is not the last we hear from @batmancalero1234

• Options
    patricia#5550 patricia Member Posts: 1 New User
    unable to start game client: success
    :(

Impossible. Mac user too
  • Options
    cpm7787#2729 cpm7787 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
  • Options
    paulyd4paulyd4 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @batmancalero1234 You have been reported for misbehaviour in chat. The fact of being pissed off due to the mac client being down doesn't give you the right to spam capitals and make threats.
  • Options
    cradiacradia Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am also yosemite 10.10 5 and getting same issue
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    mac client still down. Launcher gets permanently stuck at "Attempting to connect to controller tracker"

Basically it got worse Devs. @pwlaughingtrendy
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Well, the new update did not resolve the issue on my end. I'm still getting the same error messages for both holodeck & tribble. Last thing I read said that the devs are trying to find the actual cause of the problem so that they know what to fix. Hopefully the fact that more windows users are coming forward with similar error messages as those of us who are mac users will help to identify this particular gremlin. Let's hope that a solution is found soon.
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Me too. I'm getting this message as well attemting to connect to controller tracker. Made a separate thread for it in the network/support page.
  • Options
    chrisdandorffchrisdandorff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here!! Gets stuck while "attempting to connect to controller tracker"...
    This is very annoying!! Weekend without STO!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    danielswhi123danielswhi123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Another Patch, another ignore for a lot of people. Will ARC and CRYPTIC compensate me for having to spend time talking to people in the real world? ;)
  • Options
    feelfelixhenryfeelfelixhenry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just wrote them and asked for my money back regarding the Zen I bought in preparation for new dawn. After two more updates and no fix, I'm starting to say goodbye to STO, as much as I hate doing it
  • Options
    cmdrtji86cmdrtji86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    null
  • Options
    nextloopnextloop Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Still broken here too.

• Options
    nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    So many CAPITALS read through there. Really bad for a man with a visual impairment.

Looks like there's lots of us affected by the bug. The only theory I'd came up with was the newer OSs (Windows 10 and OS El Capitan) but that was shot down half way through this page.

Hope their reading all this, first step in fixing something is gathering information on it all.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There won't be any compensation for our loss of game time whether you are monthly subscribers, bought a LTS or are F2P.
    We may get the giveaway offers that were missed but don't expect anything extra. (66 Terran marks per day, per toon on account would be nice which is the daily mark bonus i believe for the play time lost would be nice.)

But...
    Right now as a LTS i don't care about the giveaway we just missed, the 2 days of XP bonus lost was a bummer, "compensate me" "I don't care" all i want is the client fixed and the ability to run the game confident that it will perform as was before season 11.

I have managed to get in this morning via the workaround posted in this link http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1206214/s11-troubles-heres-a-band-aid
    which is much appreciated but having to run the game on such low graphics is not what i paid for. Not good running a CCA and the Entity is invisible.

This is not looking good the workaround is stuck on attempting to connect to controller. Nvm a force verify of files resolved issue
    Post edited by supergirl1611 on
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    the more windows users face problems, the more mac players will get ignored.
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    quilsnivquilsniv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    .....FOR RIGHT NOW, I'M OUT OF HERE! I DON'T NEED TO LISTEN TO ANY MORE OF THE USUAL KID TREKKIE COMPLAINING TRIBBLE! I'M DONE WITH THIS TRIBBLE!

You've said that about three times prior. I'm not quite convinced yet.

Past that, however, I am shocked that they don't even pay attention to their mac client. As nimrod5 stated, it's pretty embarrassing that they both admitted it that easily and the practice itself is committed. And the lack of communication and clear updates on the problem is just insulting. Alienating a good... what, fifth or sixth of your playerbase is not a good business practice, especially for those who can't/won't play on Windows.
  • Options
    paulyd4 wrote: »
    @batmancalero1234 You have been reported for misbehaviour in chat. The fact of being pissed off due to the mac client being down doesn't give you the right to spam capitals and make threats.

Agreed.
  • Options
    MAYBE THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT YOU PUNK ASSES MAKING THE TRIBBLE UPS! GENERATION-X IS BETTER THAN YOUR PRESENT PUNK TRIBBLE GENERATION AND YOU NEED TO TAKE YOURSELVES AND YOUR COMPUTER GIRLFRIENDS OFF THIS PLANET!
  • Options
    ..AND IF ANY OF YOU LITTLE BOYS DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY, THEN WHY DON'T YOU SAY IT TO MY FACE AND GET YOUR FACE SMASHED , YOU BUNCH OF TRIBBLE!
  • Options
    If you're going to rant towards the Cryptic studios, just post a complaint on there facebook/social media, send us all a link to it and we can make a very very very(you should get the idea now) long petition, and or protest.
  • Options
    .....AND, LITTLE BOYS, I DON'T OWE YOU SLIME ANYTHING! YOU OWE ME! YOU THINK I OWE YOU ANYTHING BECAUSE OF SOME KIND OF ENTITLEMENT IN WHICH YOU LITTLE BOYS WANT TO BE LAZY?! NO, I DON'T! SO TRIBBLE YOU ALL!!! I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER GIRLFRIENDS!!! YOU BUNCH OF SICK BOY TRIBBLE NEEDS TO GET THE TRIBBLE OUT OF MY FACE OR I'LL SMASH YOUR FACE IN!!! YOU LITTLE BOYS WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN ME!! YOU DON'T LIKE THAT REALITY, THEN TRIBBLE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!! I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE ABOUT YOUR LITTLE BOY PUNK ASSES!!!
  • Options
    .....AND, LITTLE BOYS, I DON'T OWE YOU SLIME ANYTHING! YOU OWE ME! YOU THINK I OWE YOU ANYTHING BECAUSE OF SOME KIND OF ENTITLEMENT IN WHICH YOU LITTLE BOYS WANT TO BE LAZY?! NO, I DON'T! SO TRIBBLE YOU ALL!!! I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER GIRLFRIENDS!!! YOU BUNCH OF SICK BOY TRIBBLE NEEDS TO GET THE TRIBBLE OUT OF MY FACE OR I'LL SMASH YOUR FACE IN!!! YOU LITTLE BOYS WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN ME!! YOU DON'T LIKE THAT REALITY, THEN TRIBBLE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!! I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE ABOUT YOUR LITTLE BOY PUNK ASSES!!!

I hope you realize that you've given everyone else here 3-4 reasons and categories to report you for. So if i were you, i would go find something less stressful to do like go drink your favourite drink, watch your favourite movie,etc.
  • Options
    nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Cpm, may I suggest not feeding the Troll.

There is no point talking to him. He doesn't care, he's said so a few dozen times in very big letters.
  • Options
    raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Is this our Halloween trick or what??!

I hope they fix this soon... it's sad to have Retina display Mac and running the game at low res as it is, but to be unable to enter at all sucks even more sooooooo bad.

The fact it is now affecting Windows clients sounds like someone did something they shouldn't have. Maybe it will mean that we will get the fix sooner rather then later.

Um they do TEST the clients before they release them don't they??? That would make sense one would think...

I can tell you what though, if they drop the Mac client I will be asking for my LT subscription back. Only got the thing not long ago and have had issues since I switched to it from my old one with my stipend. I am not forking out cash for a Windows machine or license so I can run it on bootcamp. My Mac is a Windows Free Zone thank you very much.
  • Options
    paulyd4paulyd4 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @batmancalero1234 I have reported you again for misbehaviour in chat. Your attitude is deplorable and unworthy of the respectable human being you claim to be. For someone who claims not to be chained to his computer, you spend a lot of time being an TRIBBLE here in the unimportant virtual world...