test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DIL SHIP | Difference's between FED/ROM & KDF Factions

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited October 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is copied from a THREAD in GNN to ensure it's quickly identified & corrected.

--REBROADCASTED DISCUSSION
danimb80 wrote: »
Sorry, I'm not getting it.
Is 1751 (T1) / 3501 (T2) / 7001 (T3) / 14001 (T4) / 28001 (T5) now the correct discounted price or not?!

I notice that same pricing on my FED & ROM characters yet my Klingon display's higher prices! NOTE: All my toons are in a large Fleet with DIL discounts from Tier 1 of 4%, Tier 2 of 5%, and Tier 3 of 6%, still the price for DILITHIUM ships is higher for my KLINGON toon.

Federation & Romulan toons shows:
1751 (T1) / 3501 (T2) / 7001 (T3) / 14001 (T4) / 28001 (T5)

Yet my Klingon toons shows:
2500 (T1) / 5000 (T2) / 10000 (T3) / 20000 (T4) / 40000 (T5)

I've reported it to developers yesterday, and via in game BUG as well--perhaps we'll see it updated with tomorrow's patch. Clearly the KDF aren't benefiting from the Fleet Dilithium Discount, although not sure if other KDF see this, or a secondary issue is because my Klingon is a Delta Recruit.
danimb80 wrote: »
I have the same lack of dilithium mine discount for my Klingon despite the T3 mine.
I think the problem runs much deeper.

First: we never had dilithium fleet discounts on dilithium ships before. I would have noticed this when I built my ship spreadsheet four weeks ago.

Second: if we actually had the Discount from the Fleet Dilithium Mine, we would have 15% (sic!). It's 4% from Tier 1, 5% from Tier 2, 6% from Tier 3. That's 15%. NOT 30%.

I re-calculated a few hours ago, after I posted first. I then figured out, that every price I mentioned, is exactly 30% (+1 Dil) off the discounted price. I wasn't sure if this was some kind of reward, due to a few hours of tribble testing (as we don't get Tribbles anymore).

As it seems, it's not. It's flat 30% on FED & RRF toons with Tier 3 Dilithium Mine. Which is still double Discount compared to the regular 15%, we didn't even have on Dilithium Ships before. I'm not unhappy with that, but the little anal voice in my head wasn't coping well with those numbers. And obviously other players have reported this issue, without any answer from the PTB.

So... make it official and give it to KDF toons too, right?

My expectation is DILITHIUM Ships apply the correct discount to both factions. You are correct the Fleet Discounts from Tier 1-3 do stack, and equally correct the discount is higher than Fleet. It's also true DILITHIUM ships did not previously apply the Fleet Discounts, yet believe they were intended for fleet provisioned items only--Starbase, Mine, Embassy, Sphire & Research Station.

Yet if Fleet dilithium discounts were applied (moving forward) the correct fleet price would be 2,125, etc... To be fair their are a lot of different mechanic's developers need to be aware of. So let's identify all the issue as were doing, be thankful they reduced the prices long term, and for the remainder of the week a reduced rate. Hopeful we'll see any discrepancy resolved for Klingons in the near future.

Regardless--I know the team is very hard at work resolving a BUG effecting the MAC emulator. The team at Cryptic has been very kind to EVERYONE this last week. <3 So thank you to those who identified the issue in a professional manner. I only wished we extended a little more kindness in the forums not only to cryptic but other players--it's important to treat others as you'd like to be treated.
0zxlclk.png

Comments

• internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Noticing this issue as well. I bought ships for my Fed and Fed Rom toons, then switched over to KDF Rom and saw the discrepancy. Oddly, for this KDF Rom character (have not checked any others), Rom ships were discounted to the Fed level, but KDF ships were not. Hopefully this can be fixed before the sale ends. Re-buying previously owned ships isn't the greatest player experience. I'd rather not pay even more on top of that.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    Confirmed and reported to operational support.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.