test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet cap gone?

Maybe I missed it in the release notes, or maybe it's a bug...but my main Fed fleet has 502 people currently. Is there a new cap and if so, what?​​
Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)

Comments

• dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    That's really interesting!
  • zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    maybe they did it to have more people in fleet's or it could be a bug. remember new season just pop up i wouldn't be surprise if there's a lot of bugs going around. wait how many people can fit in a fleet O.O?
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    zisko#6191 wrote: »
    maybe they did it to have more people in fleet's or it could be a bug. remember new season just pop up i wouldn't be surprise if there's a lot of bugs going around. wait how many people can fit in a fleet O.O?

Well, it's been 500 since Jan 2010 until apparently Season 11 -- but as I said in the original post, there was nothing in patch notes about it.​​
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Until it gets confirmed officially, definitely don't go trying to fill up, could cause unexpected problems if a bug!
    Can confirm that 505+ on both Fed and KDF fleets with no ill effect...so far.​​
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    501 people in the Delta Task Force at this moment. This is a hard cap we are currently using: if it is found to be a bug, who knows what happens to that 1? Will the last person to join the fleet be kicked? Or will it be the first person? Will something happen anyway?

So we are waiting for an official confirmation before continuing.

The other question is... would more than 500 members not mess up too much with the ability for members to contribute to holdings? If you got 500 people all wanting to contribute for fleet marks taht is a lot already to take care of. Now imagine 600. 800. 10.000.

I think you get the point.​​
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    501 people in the Delta Task Force at this moment. This is a hard cap we are currently using: if it is found to be a bug, who knows what happens to that 1? Will the last person to join the fleet be kicked? Or will it be the first person? Will something happen anyway?

The other question is... would more than 500 members not mess up too much with the ability for members to contribute to holdings? If you got 500 people all wanting to contribute for fleet marks taht is a lot already to take care of. Now imagine 600. 800. 10.000.

I think you get the point.​​

Isn't that sort of alleviated by the Armada system? The mega fleets take much smaller fleets under their umbrella and so the Alpha fleet members donate to the "under strength" Beta and Gamma fleets.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User

I think you get the point.

Isn't that sort of alleviated by the Armada system? The mega fleets take much smaller fleets under their umbrella and so the Alpha fleet members donate to the "under strength" Beta and Gamma fleets.

Completely depends on the Armada you are in.

When the Armada system was introduced, we were a T4 fleet steaming our way to T5, but not on Alpha Fleet quality just yet. Right now we are a full T5/3/3/3/3 fleet, at level 56, as one of the first in our Armada actually.

The other fleets in our Armada are all as well very highly levelled fleets, with an average ABOVE level 40. The idea was to create a very high levelled Armada, for maximum bonusses. The Alpha fleet was created specifially for the armada, accepts all contributions and is not a fleet with a vision, but a place people can join to enjoy the vast xp bonus that comes with a high-levelled Armada. Considering most fleets are however maxed or very close, almost everybody disabled incoming fleet marks and xp contributions for example, hence not alleviating a high-member amount problem.

When we had a recent evaluation of our armada, the votes were still in favor of staying in that armada, instead of breaking off, forming our own Armada with already 1 Alpha, 2 Beta and 1 Gamma fleet spot filled for sure. But why would we do this at this point? We kept our own identity, everything is running smoothly, and would leading an Armada really fit with a casual-oriented fleet?​​
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

I think you get the point.

Completely depends on the Armada you are in.

When the Armada system was introduced, we were a T4 fleet steaming our way to T5, but not on Alpha Fleet quality just yet. Right now we are a full T5/3/3/3/3 fleet, at level 56, as one of the first in our Armada actually.

The other fleets in our Armada are all as well very highly levelled fleets, with an average ABOVE level 40. The idea was to create a very high levelled Armada, for maximum bonusses. The Alpha fleet was created specifially for the armada, accepts all contributions and is not a fleet with a vision, but a place people can join to enjoy the vast xp bonus that comes with a high-levelled Armada. Considering most fleets are however maxed or very close, almost everybody disabled incoming fleet marks and xp contributions for example, hence not alleviating a high-member amount problem.

When we had a recent evaluation of our armada, the votes were still in favor of staying in that armada, instead of breaking off, forming our own Armada with already 1 Alpha, 2 Beta and 1 Gamma fleet spot filled for sure. But why would we do this at this point? We kept our own identity, everything is running smoothly, and would leading an Armada really fit with a casual-oriented fleet?​​

Yep really depends on what kind of Armada you are part of; Is the Armada primarily for the bonuses ? Or is the Armada taking lower tiered fleets under its wings for more donation possibilities ?

Were part of a "Bonuses Armada", with 3 spots reserved for lower level fleets (to give a little more freedom for donations).
    Think our bonuses at Beta are 8% and 8% will have to check again.
    1800+ members.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    It is for both. Gamma fleets get the largest bonuses. Plus, if the armada fleets enable this in the settings, then all the armada fleets can donate to each other.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Now you can have a greater number of people that can't contribute Fleet Marks to projects.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now you can have a greater number of people that can't contribute Fleet Marks to projects.

There's many ways to get around that.​​
    edited November 2015
    There was nothing about the cap being stealth increased (or removed) with today's patch, or that it was a known bug. No ill effects to report.​​
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Let's tag @borticuscryptic see what he thinks here... cause this... this is intriguing.... Hopefully not a bug :wink:
    6tviTDx.png

Nothing in tomorrow's patch notes. Time will tell?​​